• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nibbles and Buggsy's new home

jojo1974

Young Bun
290920_2350169716709_1324098377_2845127_4385394_o.jpg

286041_2350167356650_1324098377_2845125_1717077_o.jpg

This is only the first layer, I have since made it taller, I still have to add the loft area and ramp and figure out how to make the door

any tips on how to get them to use their toilet corner for its purpose and not sleep in it? I have tried moving in to the corner they wee in and putting the wet and poop in the tray so they can smell it there, but so far no joy and it has been almost 4 weeks

I will get some nice pics of them when I get my camera next month, taking them with a phone is not much good, they move too much lol the black self is Buggsy and the (blur) Black butterfly is Nibbles

Some bunnies just like sleeping in litter trays, especially those corner ones. I personally would just use the cage base as a litter tray and remove the cage top. :)

I was thinking of taking the cage top off but do I then just put litter in the cage instead of saw dust or not bother with the litter at all

I was thinking of taking the cage top off but do I then just put litter in the cage instead of saw dust or not bother with the litter at all

Sawdust and wood shavings aren't great for bunnies, they can upset their respiratory systems. How about lots of newspaper and hay?

I agree re the shaings.

To be honest if you want them to use the corner litter tray your best bet would be not to put any kind of substrate in the rest of the cage except newspaper. I would use hay, I'd just use the rack as you have been, though maybe a bigger one? This way they clearly distinguish between the toilet and the rest of the cage.

Great sized setup :thumb:

It won't be long before they learn to jump those barriers, just so you know :)

Great sized setup :thumb:

It won't be long before they learn to jump those barriers, just so you know :)

They are mini Lops so will they be able to jump just over 2ft high as that is the hight it is now, the pic was just the first layer

the saw dust/chippings are only in the cage and it states on the bag they are suitable for Rabbits, they are the scented ones, the worst smell is the food lol, it is cleaned every day partly and fully twice a week sometimes more is needed.

Last edited:
They are mini Lops so will they be able to jump just over 2ft high as that is the hight it is now, the pic was just the first layer

the saw dust/chippings are only in the cage and it states on the bag they are suitable for Rabbits, they are the scented ones, the worst smell is the food lol, it is cleaned every day partly and fully twice a week sometimes more is needed.

Hmm.. mine are mini lops too and you'd be surprised how high cheeky escapee bunnies can jump!! Also my Sandy was really into climbing when she was a baby bun, she climbed up a whole four foot fence panel!! Mine would also probably try and push the cage up of the floor with their noses... They are def escape artisits!! :)

Hmm.. mine are mini lops too and you'd be surprised how high cheeky escapee bunnies can jump!! Also my Sandy was really into climbing when she was a baby bun, she climbed up a whole four foot fence panel!! Mine would also probably try and push the cage up of the floor with their noses... They are def escape artisits!! :)

Oh well I hope just over 2ft is going to be ok, Buggsy used to jump over the one level but hasn't bothered since the second was added, they are unable to get to the bottom of the sides as there is a section of corex all around it, but as for climbing well I hope they don't or I will need a lid.

Back