• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New member with a very sick little bunny

Hello everyone I'm new here but thought someone may be able to help me. My French lop girl bunny is only 2 yrs 10 months old and is suffering from GI stasis and E.cuniculi. I don't have the money to cover the extensive treatment she needs if anyone could spare even a little amount I'd appreciate it so much. She's my angel and has gotten me through the darkest of times I don't want to lose her.

[edit - link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
As Tonibun said, some vets will let you set up a payment plan when there's a large amount involved. It is certainly worth asking.

Sorry to hear this. Did your vet tell you E.Cuniculi was a virus as it says on your go fund me? Just a bit concerned as it's not a virus so I wanted to check in case your vet doesn't know what they're doing ( which is sadly quite common). Good luck.

Sorry, we don't allow funding links so I've removed that from your post.

If you'd like advice there are lots of members with experience that maybe able to share some.

If you need a rabbit savvy vet then the Rabbit Welfare Associate have a list if you call/email: http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/contact/index.php

The first vet we had (we had to deal with three over the course of a week) told us that E.cuniculi was a virus that has mutated and that was pretty rare in the cases they'd seen and unfortunately that there's no sole test for it. I'm so overwhelmed my the cost and a payment plan generates interest which is even more money when I don't have it. I'd work for it if I could but suffer from a series of mental health issues as well as some physical. My baby was the only thing that got me through the day m. I've asked charities like the odds who said because I'm not a benefits claimant that they can't help. My boyfriend supports us but he's out of work due to an accident where he got badly injured.

She was given panacur but unfortunately last night she couldn't fight it any longer and died in my arms. Our original vet was nothing but kind to her and us and I've never had a problem with him it was the other vet who was just a stand in while our vet was away that gave us that information

As well as panacur she was prescribed with recover plus, fibreplex, Zantac and ranitidine as well as being injected with a pain relief. We gave her boiled water cooled down with fennel in it to try and break up the blockage but nothing seemed to have any impact on her 😭

She was given panacur but unfortunately last night she couldn't fight it any longer and died in my arms. Our original vet was nothing but kind to her and us and I've never had a problem with him it was the other vet who was just a stand in while our vet was away that gave us that information

I'm so sorry you lost her :cry:

Back