• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neville - tomorrow we try with florence! *pics - 7 days in*

Yes, all in good time! When she starts to be more active she should slowly lose some weight. Some pairs are happy together straightaway - not many though! The Himalayans tend to be unaggressive so they make a very peaceful couple.

is that true re Himalayans? she's very gentle and passive, so it's interesting you say that it's a trait. she's a lovely little rabbit that just needs some time to reach her full potential. i'm gaining a little trust each day from her - the fosterer said she wouldn't hand feed and she's already doing that, following Neville's lead :p:thumb:

:love: so glad that they are bonding well, seems like both of them needed somebun & they've clicked :love:

:love: i thought Neville was little but Florence makes him look huge :shock: and she us so ickle:love:

Definitely needed each other :) and Neville is 1.5kg and Flo is overweight! So the fact that she still looks tiny is cute. Feeling her frame, I think she should be around Susie's size, which was around 1kg.

7th day of bonding :love::thumb:

They've now moved to the room Neville had his base in, in a bigger pen set up. They'll be penned for a while, til Flo is litter trained fully. I'll allow some supervised out time, as Neville is going nuts being penned!

Last edited:
I'm so relieved for you that the bond is working out. With Nevilles recent loss and your baby arriving in a few months , the last thing you wanted id imagine was a complicated bond xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I'm so relieved for you that the bond is working out. With Nevilles recent loss and your baby arriving in a few months , the last thing you wanted id imagine was a complicated bond xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you :) you hit the nail on the head. With a non-fur baby :lol: on the way, my capacity for a long bond isn't there.

Thanks to everyone else for the lovely comments too. I'm so pleased with the way they've progressed :)

Neville is perhaps a little too pleased - he has been obsessing with Flo's neck, where he pulled fur humping at the start and has irritated her skin with his grooming. We went to the vets today and have fuciderm for her neck. She weighs 1.25kg! And I was right in guessing she should be around 1kg, vet said the same.

Here they are loafing:

Bunny conga!

Still doing well... I'm opening the pen for supervised out time, but Flo won't come out yet, bless her.

Apart from that, trying to get her using a tray consistently!

Back