• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Needing vibes here :(

Update

Sending vibes for Liquorice. I hope you're doing ok too?

Yes I'm okay just a little worried
Well update everyone!
Today she's still not eating but I've managed to get her to eat some recovery food. Her head tilt is looking better, fingers crossed, and she doesn't seem to be as dizzy. I'm also finding it more difficult to feed her with a syringe as she's getting her energy back. I just hope she starts eating soon :(
Thanks for the vibes
At the moment the vet we have is great, they havent said anything about her being pts and they are trying there best. They told us to continue the treatment and keep our fingers crossed. Xx
I'll keep you all updated x

So sorry!:( good luck. Also I need help finding a rabbit. I have two dwarf Siamese rabbits their 8 months and their cage way too small. If u have advice on a cage please tell me! Thx bye and best wishes Liquorice

Another EC recovery story here. truffle had it a couple of years ago. She had head tilt and nystagmus but now nobody can tell anything was anything wrong with her except me. vibes for liquorice.

How is Liquorice doing?

I have been crying for the past hour :cry: things seem to look worse. Her head is almost touching the ground and all she's eaten are carrot tops and her favourite basil. She's still drinking and eating hay but I'm getting more worried. I really don't want to lose her and the vet we had yesterday is asking us to thing about having her pts. I never would want to put down a rabbit that could survive but I really don't want her suffering. I really don't know wha to do anymore :cry:

If it is EC, then it can be a long road, so I wouldn't do anything in haste.
I would suggest maybe starting another thread in health with EC in the name, as it's likely that some people with experience of this are missing this thread.
There might be some useful stuff in Kermit's past threads too.

I hope she picks up overnight, things might seem clearer in the morning. Hopefully the fact she's still eating and drinking is positive? Sending lots of vibes from all of us x

I'm so sorry things aren't going too well right now. I really hope they will improve.

Has the vet thought of checking for a middle ear infection, which can cause the same sort of symptoms as E.C.? Is she on antibiotics of any kind as well?

I'm so sorry things aren't going too well right now. I really hope they will improve.

Has the vet thought of checking for a middle ear infection, which can cause the same sort of symptoms as E.C.? Is she on antibiotics of any kind as well?

Yes the vet checked her ears and said that that was possibility but they looked fine and e.c was the most likely. Even though the symptoms are similar, she had been given two antibiotic injections as well

Yes the vet checked her ears and said that that was possibility but they looked fine and e.c was the most likely. Even though the symptoms are similar, she had been given two antibiotic injections as well

If it was an inner ear infection it's most likely not going to be visible from the outside. It may be worth talking with your vet about a longer course (2/3 weeks) of antibiotics to cover that possibility.

If it was an inner ear infection it's most likely not going to be visible from the outside. It may be worth talking with your vet about a longer course (2/3 weeks) of antibiotics to cover that possibility.

Thanks I will ask the vet about that

Back