• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need lots of vibes for Eddie please/ Not good post 42/ piccy post 86

Just a quick update, eddie is struggling to eat since last night. He can't get any food into his mouth, it all falls straight out. Even the little bits of tiny excel I have been trying to hand feed him :(

I wonder if they gave him extra pain relief after the dental which is why he ate better there. I have spoken to the vet but I can't give him anymore pain relief until we know his bllod results and even then they are reluctant to increase it if he has the all clear :?

I am now spoon feeding him baby food but he is still starving hungry. He is frantically trying to eat normal food but getting no where. It is heartbreaking to watch :(

porridge

People on here speak of porridge being very good, but maybe you would have to put the oats through a grinder first (or through a blender afterwards) if it needs to be really smooth for him. Is that then the same as Readibrek, or does that have additives? I'm not sure - perhaps an expert on here can comment?

Lots of luck

I wonder if he has issues other than simply enlongated roots seeing as his decline has been so quick? Hopefully might just be a spur, but could be infection has set in :(

I wonder if he has issues other than simply enlongated roots seeing as his decline has been so quick? Hopefully might just be a spur, but could be infection has set in :(

But he had a major dental and all teeth have been burred right back and he had dental x-rays taken which didn't reveal any infection yet. His body x-rays came back clear but we are still waiting on blood results :?

But he had a major dental and all teeth have been burred right back and he had dental x-rays taken which didn't reveal any infection yet. His body x-rays came back clear but we are still waiting on blood results :?

sorry I didn't see a post saying he'd had another dental :oops:

Oh no poor little eddie. I really hope he starts to pick up soon, i know you're giving him the best possible care x

Spoken to the vet again, no blood results back yet. She has basically said there is nothing else we can do. It is just bad dental pain :( The roots are all bunched together so when there is pressure on one tooth root it is then pressing on another tooth root and so on :(

We are hoping it is just the dental that has unsettled them more than usual and that the pain may improve with time :?

Spoken to the vet again, no blood results back yet. She has basically said there is nothing else we can do. It is just bad dental pain :( The roots are all bunched together so when there is pressure on one tooth root it is then pressing on another tooth root and so on :(

We are hoping it is just the dental that has unsettled them more than usual and that the pain may improve with time :?

I know this may sound a bit weird but is there such a thing as acupuncture for bunnies?

Back