• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need lots of vibes for Eddie please/ Not good post 42/ piccy post 86

Vet just rang.

It is his teeth, they are causing him great pain :( His roots are pushing through his upper and lower jaw, but they are angled in such a way thay they are growing into each other and have no where to go :?

He is already on the top dose of metacam and this hasn't helped. The vet wont prescribe anything else for him just yet as she thinks he is showing signs of kidney problems, so we need to wait for his blood results to come back from the lab first.

He has no abscesses yet but she said it wont be long before they develop :(

I really don't know what to do for the best for him, I explained that for us quality is more important that quantity of life and there is no way we want him to carry on in severe pain :cry:

I guess we just wait for the blood test and see what that shows up.

His body x-rays came back fine, no obvious abnormalities so thats something. Nothing to show why he was so stiff and sore in his back legs, but again that could be related to his dental pain as we have had quite a few bunnies that have had problems with their back legs and it has been a pain reaction :(

Big cuddles for little Eddie, I have been away so I missed this thread, poor lil lad. Hope you find a solution for him Liz xx

Vet just rang.

It is his teeth, they are causing him great pain :( His roots are pushing through his upper and lower jaw, but they are angled in such a way thay they are growing into each other and have no where to go :?

He is already on the top dose of metacam and this hasn't helped. The vet wont prescribe anything else for him just yet as she thinks he is showing signs of kidney problems, so we need to wait for his blood results to come back from the lab first.

He has no abscesses yet but she said it wont be long before they develop :(

I really don't know what to do for the best for him, I explained that for us quality is more important that quantity of life and there is no way we want him to carry on in severe pain :cry:

I guess we just wait for the blood test and see what that shows up.

His body x-rays came back fine, no obvious abnormalities so thats something. Nothing to show why he was so stiff and sore in his back legs, but again that could be related to his dental pain as we have had quite a few bunnies that have had problems with their back legs and it has been a pain reaction :(

Oh no! Poor Eddie :cry:
Would they be able to remove the teeth or are they the 'wrong' ones (if you know what I mean)
Hope the bloods are more positive. At least his back and legs are ok.

Oh poor baby :cry: :cry:

I hope your vet can come up with something to help him :(

I guess it is a good thing that no other problems have shown up..maybe it is all related to his tooth pain?

His teeth can't be removed firstly his molar roots are so clumped round each other that they wouldn't come out. I asked about removing his lower incisors as they need burring every 2 to 3 weeks and they said the GA for something like that would be too risky for him. They sounded concerned about his overall condition :( even though he actually looks quite good.

He has had a dental where they have burred back all his teeth to gum level so at least they have room to grow up which may slow down the progress of them growing down. We can only hope :) One of his molars did break off but the root was left behind.

So not much else we can do at the moment.

Just need to wait for the blood results. But he is already on 0.4ml of metacam twice a day and he only weighs around 1.6kg :?

Not looking forward to paying the bill tomorrow, but he is worth every penny :love::love:

Did the vets say whether the pain was from the physical act of the roots pressing against his jaw or whether he has a root infection?

(sorry if that isn't very well worded, can't think of another way of putting it :oops: )

He has had a dental where they have burred back all his teeth to gum level so at least they have room to grow up which may slow down the progress of them growing down. We can only hope :)

Not looking forward to paying the bill tomorrow, but he is worth every penny :love::love:

So Can they do that kind of dental again? Does he need a GA again for that?

Glad his body x-rays looked good. He did look good when i saw him, somehow more active and chirpy and cheeky (despite the hair-do!). He doesnt seem to act stressed by it when eating ay? :? Hopefully he can put some condition on then which will help with the immune system.

I reckon Elwood only went and broke his leg so he can keep pace with Ed and have an excuse to use the poorly bunny bed!

There is no infection at the moment, the pain is from the root pressure. They said it is just a matter of time for infection to set in. I haven't seen the x-rays yet as it was just a phone call but you can tell from their tone of voice how bad things are :(

So Can they do that kind of dental again? Does he need a GA again for that?

Glad his body x-rays looked good. He did look good when i saw him, somehow more active and chirpy and cheeky (despite the hair-do!). He doesnt seem to act stressed by it when eating ay? :? Hopefully he can put some condition on then which will help with the immune system.

I reckon Elwood only went and broke his leg so he can keep pace with Ed and have an excuse to use the poorly bunny bed!

I'm sure they can do it again although he would need another GA for it.

he was really active and chirpy when you saw him as it was feeding time ;) :lol: But normally when he is out now he just sits hunched under a chair. He used to flop out all the time, I can't remember the last time I saw him do that. He also never jumps up on the sofa any more, even when there is chocolate left on the shelf and some days he doesn't leave his crate even when the door has been open for hours. He can't eat his nibble rings whole anymore, I have to break them up into 3 bits for him and we had to change his food from SS to excel junior as it is all he can eat, the others fall out of his mouth :?

I would love to see him do a big happy flop again, he was always such a floppy bunny :love:

The blood results have been sent to the lab but I am hoping for the results back by the end of the week :) I always think if they come back quickly its bad news so no news is good news at the moment :?

Awww poor little poppet, so sorry to hear it's those blooming tooth roots, at such a young age too :( I do hope you manage to find a way to keep the little lad happy and comfortable for as long as is right for him.

Big hugs to you and gentle kisses for my favourite little man xxx

Eddie is home and happily munching. He has huddled himself up against the radiator, so at least thats one bunny that wont be cold today :D:lol:

Awww poor little poppet, so sorry to hear it's those blooming tooth roots, at such a young age too :( I do hope you manage to find a way to keep the little lad happy and comfortable for as long as is right for him.

Big hugs to you and gentle kisses for my favourite little man xxx

Should I give those to Eddie or Steve? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Only just seen this. Poor Eddie :cry:

I'm glad he's home again and munching happily today :)

Sending millions of vibes for gorgeous Eddie.

Back