• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My precious Erin has a tooth root abscess- Op Done Further U/D post 42

Sorry, forgot to update. Erin is now eating well and her mouth is well healed. She's still at the vets as I wasn't able to get her today but all being well she's coming home tomorrow. :D

How is Erin healing? Hope she's doing well. Should be Gus's last vet appointment tomorrow, his wound has almost healed now :)

Thanks for asking. She's eating really well now, as in as well as having an appetite she's eating quickly, I think it's taken her a while to adapt to eating differently. She would have been due for her check up on Tuesday but seeing as she spent between day 1 and 7 and then day 14 - 21 at the vets I'm assuming she doesn't need a day 28 check up!

Glad to read that Gus is doing well also.

Thanks for asking. She's eating really well now, as in as well as having an appetite she's eating quickly, I think it's taken her a while to adapt to eating differently. She would have been due for her check up on Tuesday but seeing as she spent between day 1 and 7 and then day 14 - 21 at the vets I'm assuming she doesn't need a day 28 check up!

Glad to read that Gus is doing well also.

Aw great news, had a little set back with Gus, Friday was supposed to be his last appointment but there was more pus in the wound that my vet would like at this stage so we are back again Tuesday, hopefully the last time!

Aw great news, had a little set back with Gus, Friday was supposed to be his last appointment but there was more pus in the wound that my vet would like at this stage so we are back again Tuesday, hopefully the last time!

:(Sorry to hear that, I hope it's the last of the pus.

It turns out that FHB did want to see Erin again to check how her tooth opposite the one that was removed was progressing now that there was no tooth for it to bite against. :oops: Stupid me just thought about checking the wound/healing. She's being checked in 2 weeks time when Barnaby goes for his vaccination. She is eating a lot faster now so *hopefully* everything is as it should be.

Just wanted to update this with happy news.

After her tooth removal Erin needed 2 dentals, 4 months apart to remove one spur off the tooth opposing the missing tooth.

It's now 6 months since her last dental and FHB has told me that there has been no change in the tooth and she has discharged her from further check ups - she doesn't believe the tooth will cause any further problems :)

My girl still has a weepy eye since all this began, but that's it. It's done :D

Just wanted to update this with happy news.

After her tooth removal Erin needed 2 dentals, 4 months apart to remove one spur off the tooth opposing the missing tooth.

It's now 6 months since her last dental and FHB has told me that there has been no change in the tooth and she has discharged her from further check ups - she doesn't believe the tooth will cause any further problems :)

My girl still has a weepy eye since all this began, but that's it. It's done :D

That is great news.:love: You must be so relieved.

Just updating this!

Erin has had a very wet eye for a week or so but eating like a good 'un. I was concerned about infection in her eye as some of the 'stuff' seemed a bit grey.

Anyhows, she had a nasty needle-like spur sticking into her cheek and her cheek is infected :shock: It was 'the' tooth, ie the one opposite the one that was removed. so poor, poor girl must have been in so much pain but just carried on eating regardless.:shock: So, she's had the spur taken off and must be so relieved.

Just updating this!

Erin has had a very wet eye for a week or so but eating like a good 'un. I was concerned about infection in her eye as some of the 'stuff' seemed a bit grey.

Anyhows, she had a nasty needle-like spur sticking into her cheek and her cheek is infected :shock: It was 'the' tooth, ie the one opposite the one that was removed. so poor, poor girl must have been in so much pain but just carried on eating regardless.:shock: So, she's had the spur taken off and must be so relieved.

It's so hard to know when they are in such pain - makes us feel really inadequate as bunny carers :cry: (Well it does me anyway!) I had one like that - ate through the most amazingly disastrous dental situation .....

I'm glad she's feeling better now :thumb:

I have to admit to not seeing until recently that Fiver is having a bit of trouble with his teeth, he really hides well so it is all the more frustrating when I finally realize he's doing a bit more gnawing and not as much drinking. :( Little scamps. Couldn't they send up a bigger flag? :lol:

So glad to hear Erin is sorted now. Many continued healthy bunny vibes coming your way. xxxxxx

Thank you both.

Both Erin and Dinky (two of my fabulous c8 year olds) have eaten really well overnight and can come home. Erin has to have a check up to see how the sore mouth is progressing as it was a little infected.

Can't wait to have them back home again, missed them so much :love:

Last edited:
Back