• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse -Updated 22nd May Post 158

Unrelated, but I know the difference just splitting Mimzy's metacam into two doses was for him, I can only hope the same will be true for Morse and his meds.
Thinking of you and the Inspector and sending vibes. xxxx

Unrelated, but I know the difference just splitting Mimzy's metacam into two doses was for him, I can only hope the same will be true for Morse and his meds.
Thinking of you and the Inspector and sending vibes. xxxx

Yes, I too often find that 12 hourly Metacam does works better due to how fast Rabbits metabolise the drug.

We really dont know if the same principle will apply with benazepril, but at the moment about 2 hours after the full dose there is a definite improvement in both how Morse is within himself and how his heart sounds. But by the time the next dose is due, 24 hours later, things are not so good for him. If we can get a more even 24 hour benefit it may mean his heart is under less strain.

I just wish Morse could be cured but I realise that is impossible :cry:

Yes, I too often find that 12 hourly Metacam does works better due to how fast Rabbits metabolise the drug.

We really dont know if the same principle will apply with benazepril, but at the moment about 2 hours after the full dose there is a definite improvement in both how Morse is within himself and how his heart sounds. But by the time the next dose is due, 24 hours later, things are not so good for him. If we can get a more even 24 hour benefit it may mean his heart is under less strain.

I just wish Morse could be cured but I realise that is impossible :cry:

Sounds like a really good, well-reasoned approach, and hopefully it will buy Morse extra precious time. If there was ever a rabbit who should live for ever, it's Morse - and so he will here - he's already a much-loved legend... :love: xxx

Back