• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly is really poorly - better now

Just to update you on my wonderful Molly bun.

She went back outside yesterday as I was home all day and all night and it was either then or wait another week until Saturday. This morning she had her breakfast noms and then climbed into the other hutch and started on their breakfast too:)

She is bouncing around the run, enjoying the extra space.

Molly is back to herself again. I am still giving her metacam once a day but will probably stop that in the next couple of days.

I really did think I was going to lose her at one point.

Am so, so pleased she is a better bun:):):)

Huzzah!!!I'm glad for you (and her of course) :D

Saw the vet again today as I took Dylan. Told him how well Molly was doing and queried the bill. He did deduct some of it as he had put something down twice. He explained another part of it but did deduct half of that too and gave me a huge discount on the large bottle of metacam I needed. I still had to pay £58 but some of that was the outstanding amount from the Sunday I took Molly in and the drugs he gave me.

The vet said he had never seen such a huge pyometra and maybe it would be best to have all female bunnies spayed (as though he had just discovered something new:shock:) I said I did know that and my others are done. The difficulty with Gemma is that I don't know if she has already been done. I was told she was but there is no scar.

I need to sort out a loan to clear my overdraft and will then investigate getting Gemma scanned or something. I don't want to risk her suffering as Molly has done - but I don't want her to have an operation she doesn't need either.

I am so pleased Molly has recovered, given her age and the fact she was so very poorly. She is a real brave little fighter:love::love:

omg karen...thats bloomin fantastic news!!!:love:

im so so pleased..i told you in her usual surroundings shed improve...and so lucky no broken bonds:love::love:

now did you put the flooring down i gave you first though:lol:

give her hooge nosey rubs from me and nikki and the gang xx

Back