• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Merry and Pippin are heading to Animal Krackers!

Lucky boys landing on their paws with you.So hope you manage to get them sorted and into a forever home soon.So glad you could help them.

Well done for helping these two little chaps. It sounds as though they are both settling in well :D

They are, Pip is especially friendly, he is either friendly or greedy anyway! Probably the latter! :lol: He's always looking for food the poor mite. If I knew 100% that they would bond with Milo and Finn after neutering and hormone dispersing I wouldn't hesitate to keep them, but that's just not the rabbit way :(

My partner pointed out last night that seeing as I've called them Merry and Pippin after the LOTR characters their full names are actually Meriadoc and Peregrin, I think he thinks they're lovely as well secretly, he loves the names I picked for them!

I've been keeping my eyes open for a decent second hand hutch and run but nothing suitable yet. Id also have to have a cover in this awful weather we are having lately!

Last edited:
Glad your partner is "with you" in this. It will make it so much easier. At least they're in good hands now.

Glad your partner is "with you" in this. It will make it so much easier. At least they're in good hands now.

He sort of is and sort of isn't. He doesn't like to think that they would have been hurt but isn't on board with me paying for anything for them, such as neutering. I'm actually paying £30 out of my own little savings cash (£2 coins in my golden bunny moneybox) to get them done. He wouldn't be happy if he knew I was taking them and paying, even if its a great discount.

:roll:

I organized all 4 rabbits last night and when I was upstairs cleaning out Merry and Pippin I realized that Pippin does not like the dustpan and brush...

Merry allows me to sweep around him so I did that, then when I got to Pippin and tried to sweep around him he grabbed the dustpan out of my hand and threw it! :shock: Poops everywhere! Oh god!

He is very friendly but majorly cheeky. Merry is still very nervous but I think he is slowly realizing that my presence means hay, fibafirsts, pellet, hay cookies etc etc...

They are having little bits of different things to keep them eating, it goes without saying that their poops are looking better than ever. They are pretty much normal now just a little darker than I would want, hopefully the oat hay I've got coming will help with that. I also washed their blankets hoping the ''rabbity'' smell would go away a little but this morning its just as rabbity as ever! :lol:

We are at the vets tonight for their check to see if they can be neutered, so any ''good health'' vibes will be appreciated! We are there at 6! My lovely mum is going to help me to get there and back, she was the one who heard about them so she is really wanting them to do well too. :love:

Last edited:
All good vibes for the upcoming appointment. :love: Had to :lol: at the dustpan toss, Mimzy is a gold medalist in this event! ;)

All good vibes for the upcoming appointment. :love: Had to :lol: at the dustpan toss, Mimzy is a gold medalist in this event! ;)

Pip would definitely be a gold medalist too! I've never seen a rabbit throw something so far and Milo and Finn are always throwing stuff! :roll:

LMAO dustpan toss! New bunlympics event? Lopsy just eats the plastic bristles of the brush, not the nice wooden handle :roll: Ignores the dustpan (when I can be bothered to use it!)

Our appointment went well! The boys got the all clear and will be neutered Tuesday morning! :D

There was a bit of an issue this evening though :( after I had settled Merry and Pip into their housing I got changed into my PJs and went to see Milo and Finn, even though I had changed they suddenly went into a frenzy and chased and chased each other, and Finn tried to hump Milo several times, which he never does, as I was feeding them Finn bit me on the back of the leg :shock: ouch!

I am now terrified that having the lodgers here will lead to Milo and Finn fighting, they have never had any issues before, I spoke to my mum about it and she has agreed that Merry and Pip can move into her shed. I simply can't allow Milo and Finn to fall out over all this :cry: they were here first after all. I've never seen them act this way! :(

My mum has agreed that Merry and Pip can stay with her, she's only a 2 minute walk down the street so they won't be far away and I'll always be on hand to help her with them.

I just can't risk Milo and Finn having moments like that, it would break me if they fell out because of something I've done, so all in all I'm in a bit of a happy but sad mood....happy that Merry and Pip are getting organised, but also sad they will have to move to my mums for now. I wanted to do a lot more for them..

The whole thing has been a bit of a mad, difficult time, I'm really struggling to organise four rabbits and a conure in the morning before work and I can do hardly anything in the evenings because I'm so worried if everyone is ok, I'm tiring myself out completely doing all of this, it will help massively with my mum taking the foster buns until we get them rehomed, I guess I'm lucky to have my mum.

I hope nobody will judge me for making the decision to let my mum house them for now.

*sigh* :cry:

Milo and Finn have calmed down now, although I'm now afraid to go into the room where Merry and Pip are for fear of it's happening again.

I've even vinegar and watered the floor so Milo and Finn can't smell them..

Our appointment went well! The boys got the all clear and will be neutered Tuesday morning! :D

There was a bit of an issue this evening though :( after I had settled Merry and Pip into their housing I got changed into my PJs and went to see Milo and Finn, even though I had changed they suddenly went into a frenzy and chased and chased each other, and Finn tried to hump Milo several times, which he never does, as I was feeding them Finn bit me on the back of the leg :shock: ouch!

I am now terrified that having the lodgers here will lead to Milo and Finn fighting, they have never had any issues before, I spoke to my mum about it and she has agreed that Merry and Pip can move into her shed. I simply can't allow Milo and Finn to fall out over all this :cry: they were here first after all. I've never seen them act this way! :(

My mum has agreed that Merry and Pip can stay with her, she's only a 2 minute walk down the street so they won't be far away and I'll always be on hand to help her with them.

I just can't risk Milo and Finn having moments like that, it would break me if they fell out because of something I've done, so all in all I'm in a bit of a happy but sad mood....happy that Merry and Pip are getting organised, but also sad they will have to move to my mums for now. I wanted to do a lot more for them..

The whole thing has been a bit of a mad, difficult time, I'm really struggling to organise four rabbits and a conure in the morning before work and I can do hardly anything in the evenings because I'm so worried if everyone is ok, I'm tiring myself out completely doing all of this, it will help massively with my mum taking the foster buns until we get them rehomed, I guess I'm lucky to have my mum.

I hope nobody will judge me for making the decision to let my mum house them for now.

*sigh* :cry:

You've done sooo much to help these bunnies that no one could possibly judge you:)They are only down the road from you and your Mum is brilliant for helping them and you.Your own bunnies are of course your priority and im sure they will settle right down again now.

Please don't be so hard on yourself, you've done so much for them already. Your mum sounds like a lovely caring lady so you at least have the reassurance that they'll be well looked after, plus you can always pop in to help out as much as you need to. If anyone should feel any guilt it's the :censored::censored: original owner.

Hi all,

I've just got to put a little update on this, Animal Krakers have offered to take in Merry and Pippin in a couple of weeks when Joanna has done some shuffling around! I'm over the moon I know Animal Krackers are fabulous and I know they will find a brilliant home for the boys!

They will be going there in a couple of weeks as I said, I am still getting them neutered and letting them recover with me but after that they will be going to Animal Krackers!

Last edited:
That's great news. Sorry to hear the boys had some referred aggression. That's stressful in itself :/

That's great news. Sorry to hear the boys had some referred aggression. That's stressful in itself :/

Luckily Milo and Finn seem back to normal now. There's usually a little humping from Milo in the morning and evening when the get fed, but Finn accepts it no problem. But last night Finn turned into this dominant little monster, nipping Milo and me and humping Milo which he never does! :shock:

I think just getting the foster buns to my mams and not having any of their scent in the house or on me will take away the problem all together! I couldn't have them falling out, like I said, they were here first..

Merry and Pippin are off to the vets for their neuter today! wish them luck! I hope the little fellas cope alright, my mum is dropping them at 8:30 for me and then I'll see them later on!

Send vibes for them?

My mum got a lovely text from Joanna from Animal Krackers the other day showing some of their buns and where they live, it looks fantastic! I'm so looking forward to getting these boys all healed up and ready to go there and meet their girlfriends, Joanna already has single females in mind for them apparently! :D

Good luck to Merry and Pippin today! :) Lots of vibes coming their way. Bless them, I'm sure they'll be just fine. :love: xxxx

Back