• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Merry and Pippin are heading to Animal Krackers!

I understand they are so lovely I really hope they find somewhere. I know it was a little daft of me to take them in on a whim but I simply couldn't allow them to be killed! You couldn't take any more if I donated the two indoor cages as well? I know its a long shot and I know how busy rescues are, I hope we find something soon x

im afraid not , sorry .
We have extremely limited indoor space and how many rabbits we have in also depends on funds as well as space . sorry

im afraid not , sorry .
We have extremely limited indoor space and how many rabbits we have in also depends on funds as well as space . sorry

No problem at all. I know rescues are extremely busy and you all do such fabulous work. I'm sure I'll figure something out :D x

No problem at all. I know rescues are extremely busy and you all do such fabulous work. I'm sure I'll figure something out :D x

I'm sorry I can't help, but good on you for taking them and saving their lives.

Have you contacted any of the R.S.P.C.A. branches near you? (Sorry if you've already covered that)

Good news, the RSPCA have offered me some discounted neutering vouchers, I'm going on Thursdays evening for a health check with them and afterwards, as long as everything is fine (which I think it will be) then I can book them in for a neuter! Its only going to be £30 for the both of them so I think its worth it so that they can be adopted out together! :D

That's great news. :thumb:

I know I'm SO happy I can do this for them. They are such sweet little bunnies they didn't deserve what could have happened to them at all. I wish I could let you all see where they were, it was deplorable :cry:

Onwards and upwards for them hopefully! I just hope our health check is all ok :wave:

Then there's the tentative re bonding sessions after we've healed, why did I decide to put myself through all this again :roll: For the love of bunnies I guess..

Good news, the RSPCA have offered me some discounted neutering vouchers, I'm going on Thursdays evening for a health check with them and afterwards, as long as everything is fine (which I think it will be) then I can book them in for a neuter! Its only going to be £30 for the both of them so I think its worth it so that they can be adopted out together! :D

Brilliant :D

Brilliant :D

As far as I know they have been together all of the time, they are probably brothers! But sadly there's no way of knowing. I'm just really hoping that once they are neutered and healed they will settled down and I can re-bond them. They haven't fought, just Merry is very humpy and chases poor Pip everywhere! :shock:

I really hope that these two will get along after neutering, it would be a dream to get them a home together where they can leave their awful past behind them!

As far as I know they have been together all of the time, they are probably brothers! But sadly there's no way of knowing. I'm just really hoping that once they are neutered and healed they will settled down and I can re-bond them. They haven't fought, just Merry is very humpy and chases poor Pip everywhere! :shock:

I really hope that these two will get along after neutering, it would be a dream to get them a home together where they can leave their awful past behind them!

Wonderful news :thumb:

You may find it easier to rehome two single males than a bonded pair. People often look for another Rabbit to be a companion to one they already have. I think Rescues find it harder to rehome bonded pairs than single Rabbits.

You may find it easier to rehome two single males than a bonded pair. People often look for another Rabbit to be a companion to one they already have. I think Rescues find it harder to rehome bonded pairs than single Rabbits.

Do you think? Would it be fair to split them up though? :? I may just be bringing human emotion into this, if it finds them a good home I don't mind doing whatever I have to.

They should be having their neuter very soon depending on Thursdays check so, once they have it done, how long would you say until they could move onto another home or be paired with a girl bun? x

Last edited:
Do you think? Would it be fair to split them up though? :? I may just be bringing human emotion into this, if it finds them a good home I don't mind doing whatever I have to.

They should be having their neuter very soon depending on Thursdays check so, once they have it done, how long would you say until they could move onto another home or be paired with a girl bun? x

If these two have been together a while, then yes.... I think it would be cruel to split them up x

Having fostered and worked with several rescues for the last 25 years, I feel it's been easier to rehome a pair of bunnies. Those people who are looking for a single bun to pair with one of their own tend to know where to look and often do their own thing. Of course you may hear of someone who wants a single bunny.

However, in my experience, lots of first time, or 'returning' rabbit owners will look for a ready made pair. Those are the ones that came to me and that's mainly how I rehomed. Good luck with your wonderful work Sarah x

Sorry, I thought you said you had split them up :? Perhaps I misread your post :?

Sorry, I thought you said you had split them up :? Perhaps I misread your post :?

Oh yes sorry they are split up for the minute but they are right next to one another and can see and smell one another at all times, I only had to put them in next to each other because there was a lot of chasing and humping and I was afraid it would turn into a fight.

I was hoping once they were neutered and had calmed down because they still ''knew'' one another they would go back together and could stay together? They seem like they are very aware of each other and are sniffing one another through the bars. x

Oh yes sorry they are split up for the minute but they are right next to one another and can see and smell one another at all times, I only had to put them in next to each other because there was a lot of chasing and humping and I was afraid it would turn into a fight.

I was hoping once they were neutered and had calmed down because they still ''knew'' one another they would go back together and could stay together? They seem like they are very aware of each other and are sniffing one another through the bars. x

It's really up to you. My suggestion was based on what ARC, my local Rescue, have mentioned to me over the years. In no way was I suggesting separating Rabbits who had an established bond.

Just a little update again this morning, the boys poops are looking 100 times better! :D they were like tiny little black specks when I first got them...they were bearly any at all, but this morning they are more like large dark brown peas! Not golden yet but we are getting there!

I have ordered some more oat hay which i'm hoping will tempt them more, they have been eating a wee bit of pellet morning and evening to get their tummies used to it and getting a fibrefirst stick on a morning too. They love all of it! Its so nice to seem them munching down after what they were probably eating before, most likely rubbish out of the rubbish bags and whatever the previous owners chucked in there...

Health check for them at 6 tomorrow, I'm actually looking forward to it, its one step closer to getting them sorted out! x

Just a little update again this morning, the boys poops are looking 100 times better! :D they were like tiny little black specks when I first got them...they were bearly any at all, but this morning they are more like large dark brown peas! Not golden yet but we are getting there!

I have ordered some more oat hay which i'm hoping will tempt them more, they have been eating a wee bit of pellet morning and evening to get their tummies used to it and getting a fibrefirst stick on a morning too. They love all of it! Its so nice to seem them munching down after what they were probably eating before, most likely rubbish out of the rubbish bags and whatever the previous owners chucked in there...

Health check for them at 6 tomorrow, I'm actually looking forward to it, its one step closer to getting them sorted out! x

Well done for helping these two little chaps. It sounds as though they are both settling in well :D

Back