• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my puppy, Archie

I am sooooo jealous. I've wanted a dog for over 20 years but sadly live alone and work too long hours at the moment. He's adorable. How does he get on with the buns?

He hasn't met them, as a terrier I don't really think it's a good idea! I'm not sure he'll ever meet them x

He's really cute :love:

Do you crate him at night ?

Yeah he has a crate with a puppy pen attached :) I had to sleep on the floor next to him for 10 days, then move to the sofa. I slept in bed for the first time the other night and he howled so much I was worried about the neighbours complaining, so I've been doing a mix of sleeping upstairs and downstairs for the last four nights... I'm exhausted :lol:

I can't leave the house if he's awake, he'd probably kill himself trying to get out of the pen :( everyone told me I musnt leave him alone because I'd give him emotional issues... But it seems he's developed separation anxiety regardless!

Awwww. I slept downstairs for the first week when Tass was a puppy. She soon adjusted once the place was familiar to her.

Glad things are going better for you and that your rabbits bonded so easily. Good luck with the next bonding!

He's definitely sleeping for longer periods, but he's not really settling properly at all. I feel like I'll never be able to leave him unattended :lol: thank you :)

How lovely :love: I would love to adopt a dog, just need landlords permission when I move! I will be looking for an older dog, and already have a letter drafted for the landlord with terms and what not in the hope of convincing her to say yes!

Next time I'd love to adopt an older dog :love:

He's so cute, reminds me so much of my 2 yorkies when they were tiny puppies over 10 years ago now!

He hasn't met them, as a terrier I don't really think it's a good idea! I'm not sure he'll ever meet them x

My yorkie Riley gets on well with buns and small animals and she actually protects them as well e.g. if one of the cats is messing with our budgie cage she'll bark so we'll go get the cat! I don't leave her alone with any prey animals though. Her brother Teddy on the other hand I don't trust with anything but cats. Even young kittens I've never trusted him with. So in my experience it completely depends on the individual but yeah terriers tend not to be very good with other animals!

Next time I'd love to adopt an older dog :love:

I would like to raise a puppy/young dog at some point, but the landlord would be more accepting of an older, already trained and well behaved dog :) Plus it always seems to be the older gentleman/lady doggies I seem to fall for during volunteering :love: I hope you continue to have fun with Archie, and I hope he settles better on his own soon. I'm not surprised you want to keep him away from the bunnies, my parents have always had terriers, including a Yorkie once, and I've always kept them away no matter how little or well trained they are just in case :)

I can't leave the house if he's awake, he'd probably kill himself trying to get out of the pen :( everyone told me I musnt leave him alone because I'd give him emotional issues... But it seems he's developed separation anxiety regardless!

Puppiessssss god I'm so broody for a third :D

He's only a puppy so I'd get the separation training in now, it's not too late and better to nip it in the bud now rather than years down the line! It's a good idea to teach them to enjoy their time spent alone, and making the cage a positive place to be rather than it meaning you are leaving him (going to bed or going out). They come in handy with toilet training too.

I never caged Zena and I wish I had because it made life with Reggie soooo much easier. I fed him all his meals in the cage and got him used to going inside and me closing the door, going upstairs and coming straight back down and letting him out. Started that the first day I had him and he didn't cry at all when he was locked in the cage at night.

Good luck!! I love puppies :love:

He's lovely. I had seen him on your Twitter feed & wondered if you were going to post about him on here!

Two puppy announcements in one day :love:

Puppiessssss god I'm so broody for a third :D

He's only a puppy so I'd get the separation training in now, it's not too late and better to nip it in the bud now rather than years down the line! It's a good idea to teach them to enjoy their time spent alone, and making the cage a positive place to be rather than it meaning you are leaving him (going to bed or going out). They come in handy with toilet training too.

I never caged Zena and I wish I had because it made life with Reggie soooo much easier. I fed him all his meals in the cage and got him used to going inside and me closing the door, going upstairs and coming straight back down and letting him out. Started that the first day I had him and he didn't cry at all when he was locked in the cage at night.

Good luck!! I love puppies :love:

Thank you :D I already do all that because I realised that he HAD to learn, but as a toy breed he's just even more needy than most puppies. He'll get there I'm sure :) he's actually downstairs in his pen now; I have a webcam so I can check on him :lol:

Thanks all :) He had a poo party in his pen in the early hours of this morning, and has peed and pooed on the floor about five times already. Is it bed time yet? :lol:

Back