• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maizie and Daisy's spay day!

Syringe feeding will help get their tummies working again & then they should want to start eating on their own :) I hope you see more improvement soon. Lots more nomming vibes xx

Maizie is munching on spring greens now so she can have some in a little bit, Daisy just isn't Interested in food :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Even her favorites?:(
Hopefully the syringe feeding will gross her out and make her want spring greens instead!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Syringe feeding will help get their tummies working again & then they should want to start eating on their own :) I hope you see more improvement soon. Lots more nomming vibes xx
That's what I'm hoping :lol: unfortunately Daisy isn't too impressed with the syringe feeding, it ends up all around her mouth rather than in :(
Even her favorites?:(
Hopefully the syringe feeding will gross her out and make her want spring greens instead!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I've tried everything that she usually goes mad for, she just moves away from it :(

Have you tried just offering water from the syringe as well? My girls were quite good, well my Daisy was happy for water & drank quite a bit that way, Dolly wasnt so keen so i had to hold her plus I gave the recovery food that way to them both by holding them. It does tend to end up around their mouths but they should lick it off & get a bit extra that way :) but it was the water that my Daisy took quite readily which I think helped her come round. More vibes xx

No advice but I do hope they feel better soon. It must be a worry. I'm sure it's just them feeling poorly after the op and sulking and will feel loads better soon and be eating your world again x

Have you tried just offering water from the syringe as well? My girls were quite good, well my Daisy was happy for water & drank quite a bit that way, Dolly wasnt so keen so i had to hold her plus I gave the recovery food that way to them both by holding them. It does tend to end up around their mouths but they should lick it off & get a bit extra that way :) but it was the water that my Daisy took quite readily which I think helped her come round. More vibes xx
I finally worked out a successful way to hold them to be syringe fed, and they started eating their spring greens :roll:
No advice but I do hope they feel better soon. It must be a worry. I'm sure it's just them feeling poorly after the op and sulking and will feel loads better soon and be eating your world again x

They're doing better now :) both are eating, so can have pain relief, which makes them more active, and therefore eating more :)

That's brilliant news :D it is such a worry getting them past that initial non eating phase. Hope they keep munching x

I finally worked out a successful way to hold them to be syringe fed, and they started eating their spring greens :roll:

They're doing better now :) both are eating, so can have pain relief, which makes them more active, and therefore eating more :)

Sorry haven't been around much the last two days, but absolutely thrilled they have had their spay, come through it well and are eating! YAY!!

That's brilliant news :D it is such a worry getting them past that initial non eating phase. Hope they keep munching x
I found it harder because Marble was eating everything straight away. Maizie and Daisy are eating veggies, a few herbs, and readigrass. Daisy has just shown some interest in hay too though so it's all slow progress. They've definitely improved from last night, especially Daisy, I can actually sleep tonight :lol:
Sorry haven't been around much the last two days, but absolutely thrilled they have had their spay, come through it well and are eating! YAY!!

Haha it's ok! Thank you :) they're doing a lot better this evening than they have been, they're exploring more and I'm getting fewer evil looks :lol:

I found it harder because Marble was eating everything straight away. Maizie and Daisy are eating veggies, a few herbs, and readigrass. Daisy has just shown some interest in hay too though so it's all slow progress. They've definitely improved from last night, especially Daisy, I can actually sleep tonight :lol:

Haha it's ok! Thank you :) they're doing a lot better this evening than they have been, they're exploring more and I'm getting fewer evil looks :lol:

You are so patient with your lot :D xx

You are so patient with your lot :D xx

Don't have much choice :lol: they don't pay attention to me whether I'm patient or not :lol: I'm spending quality time with Marble right now, she's been a bit neglected the last 2 and a half days bless her

Back