• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor bunnies and underfloor heating...

Shula

Warren Scout
Bit of a random one. I'm due to be moving into somewhere with underfloor heating and I've just discovered that rubber-backed rugs/mats (e.g. the washable pee pads that I use to line my indoor bunny enclosure) can't be used on top of underfloor heating. Cue slight panic on my part! One of my bunnies is 11.5 years old and not 100% reliable with litter box, and house has brand new carpets throughout.... :shock:

Anyone with UFH got any advice for keeping house rabbits?

Thank you

If there are carpets down anyway, I don't understand why you can't also use the bunny mats...
UFH tends to be on all the time to maintain a constant temperature.

Towels
Disposable puppy training pads

Rabbits need to be able to get away from a direct heat source, so you’ll need to be very mindful as to the temperature of their environment. Rabbits cannot tolerate being too warm.

Are your bunnies confined to one room ? I have u/f heating and each room has it's own timer/thermostat so can be regulated individually. I have 2 rooms that are carpeted, no idea what's underneath the carpet as I didn't put it down.

Are your bunnies confined to one room ? I have u/f heating and each room has it's own timer/thermostat so can be regulated individually. I have 2 rooms that are carpeted, no idea what's underneath the carpet as I didn't put it down.

They are sort of free-range-ish but with an enclosure as a 'base' - that's the bit that I have had washable puppy pads down on as they're tidy in the rest of the house. Only a bedroom and lounge that this could fit in though, so wouldn't want either of the spaces too freezing cold

I am totally new to UFH and some people seem to have all sorts of cautions over what kind of furniture/floors/pet beds etc can go down on them, while others seem to say it only runs 3 degrees warmer than rest of room temp so no need to worry at all. Naturally I'm overthinking the whole thing! :lol:

Back