• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maizie and Daisy's spay day!

Have just picked them up. They haven't eaten at the vet but have been quite lively and alert. They think it may be the stress of being there, so we're sent home armed with critical care, and a 24 hour nurse's number, and an appointment for tomorrow morning.

Hopefully they'll start eating when I get them home :thumb:
They are absolutely fine though :D thanks for all the messages :love:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've seen Maizie nibble a little but of hay, and hand fed her some dill and parsley. Daisy is refusing everything, but I did manage to get some critical care into her...This is going to be a long night

My girls weren't interested in food for a good few hours, tempted them finally with dandelions.

Perdy bunny didn't eat for a good 24 hours and she hid under the bed after her spay. I think sometimes it just takes a while for them to come around. Hope they get hungry soon xx

Maizie is eating bits but Daisy won't eat all. She's a nightmare to syringe feed as well.

She's definitely still a little out of it, she just looks really drowsy and is very still and quiet, whereas Maizie is wandering a bit now

Apricot and Ginger didn't eat much the first night, they ate pellets, which I gather is the thing lots of them go off at first post op, they also ate a bit of rosemary and dandelion leaves, and a bit of readigrass, but overnight once they woke up a bit they ate increasing amounts of the above stuff. They took a few days to get back to eating normal hay amounts. Hope they're soon munching and back to normal :thumb:

1 am and Daisy has finally eaten! She only ate 3 basil leaves but it's better than nothing. Can't believe how excited I just got about this :lol:

Yay :thumb: hope they have both been eating overnight and that you managed to get some sleep :thumb:

Both are doing a lot better this morning. Maizie is pretty much back to her normal self Daisy is still a but quiet but has perked up and is eating :D

As for me, I slept on the living room floor next to the area I've put them in, and got up every couple of hours to make sure Daisy was eating :roll::lol:

Update:
It's going to be a long weekend. Maizie has been having little nibbles of herbs but nothing else, Daisy had 3 basil leaves last night, and a tiny bit of parsley this morning but that's it. Daisy also has a bit of diarrhea.
We had a follow up appointment at the vet this morning, and I've been told to syringe feed them both every couple of hours until they are eating more, and that they can't have pain relief unless they're eating, and Daisy can't have it until her poo is normal!

Update:
It's going to be a long weekend. Maizie has been having little nibbles of herbs but nothing else, Daisy had 3 basil leaves last night, and a tiny bit of parsley this morning but that's it. Daisy also has a bit of diarrhea.
We had a follow up appointment at the vet this morning, and I've been told to syringe feed them both every couple of hours until they are eating more, and that they can't have pain relief unless they're eating, and Daisy can't have it until her poo is normal!

Oh no:( and pain relief makes them want to eat more but they cant have pain relief until they eat:(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Oh no:( and pain relief makes them want to eat more but they cant have pain relief until they eat:(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Maizie is munching on spring greens now so she can have some in a little bit, Daisy just isn't Interested in food :(

Back