• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving outside?

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
I have the hutch and run for Phoebe.... She's almost finished her summer moult and I'm wanting to move her outside.... Is now suitable? She's still lone so won't have anybun to cuddle up to... I've got blankets in her bed area and she's got her carry box with hay too.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The weather is still Ok and she's plenty of time to still get a winter coat, so should be OK to move outside. It's just the winter issue of a lone bunny....

Yeah... I went and got her back in. She'd gone into the bed but was feeling a little cold and was trying to climb toward me (She never wants this much interaction). Got her back inside with a blanket and she's let me stroke her for 30 mins while she sleeps. That answers the "is she ready, will she be okay" questions.

She'll go out during the day while weather is good and I'm not home. Then stay in over winter and hopefully move outside next year with a new bun friend....

I'm trying to find an older rabbit that matches her personality. Unfortunately, it's difficult to find an older bun that's so calm and laid back.

much better
afbd5f432eaa05cca2e2df8fcd6d51e8.jpg

Aww, she looks comfy on her blanket. :love: Having some time outside during the day some days, and then moving outside permanently when she's with a bunny friend sounds like the best idea. I'm sorry you're having difficulty finding her a friend that would suit her.

I have an 8 yr old boy who has lost his Sister. It would be good if you lived near as I don't really want to get him a friend. He is a very pretty Lionhead.

Its a shame I live so far away Tonibun as I know how well cared for your rabbits are.
There is possibly a 6 year old lion head I'll be adopting, but he's a few hours drive away and I need to find all Phoebe's paperwork from neutering etc

From my experience it's ok. It's the perfect time to get used outside and has plenty of time to get a winter coat for more protection.

It must have been lovely to have Phoebe cuddle with you!
She looks very comfy.

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk

Back