• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

maisie piggy needs vibes please u/d she's gone

You could set yourself a date to get her strong enough by. If she doesn't manage it, you could opt for the injections, if she does manage it then you're options are wide open.

Definitely talk to the vet you trust the most, hopefully he'll not only give you options, but tell you honestly what he thinks.

Whatever you decide, we all know it will be with her best interests in mind, and you have us all for support :)

thanks so much :love:

yes, i never thought really that the injections may end up being the only option anyway. i think we have this two week course to decide really, as the vet wants to reassess her then and see what we have decided. i guess it will be upto maisie really. aslong as she is trying and wants to stay, then we'll fight with her. when she's not able to anymore, then we'll listen. x

thanks so much :love:

yes, i never thought really that the injections may end up being the only option anyway. i think we have this two week course to decide really, as the vet wants to reassess her then and see what we have decided. i guess it will be upto maisie really. aslong as she is trying and wants to stay, then we'll fight with her. when she's not able to anymore, then we'll listen. x
I'm a massive believer that animals know when it's their time, and when they're ready they'll let us know.

We went through it with our old dog. She always had health problems, but in the last 2 years of her life, she had problems with her legs. She carried on playing with the other dogs, and running with them. Last year she just kind of gave up. She wouldn't bother even trying to keep up with them, and she couldn't stand up without a lot of struggle. We knew then that she was giving up, and it was too much for her. Although the issue wouldn't have killed her, it was cruel to keep her going when she wouldn't be enjoying herself.

as you say, she wants to fight, fight with her. If she gives up, be kind to her xx

my brave and beautiful maisie passed away peacefully on my knee. cuddled in her cosy bed with my hoodie over her body. me and o/h were with her. i am going to miss her so very much :cry::cry::cry:

I'm so very sorry to see this update and for your loss. :cry:

Sleep peacefully Maisie piggie.xx

I'm so sorry to see this. :cry: You've really battled hard with her. I know you must be devastated. xxx

I am so sorry :cry: No Guinea Pig could be more loved or better cared for than Maisie. I know that you will be heartbroken, but for Maisie how much more peaceful it must have been to pass away in the security of her own home surrounded by those who love her.

RIP little Maisie, I am sure that Ches will be waiting for you xx

I'm so sorry that you have lost your beloved Maisie - just heart breaking. Binky-free Maisie piggy, you will be terribly missed. Sending hugs. xx ((((()))))

thank you everyone. i can't really say much other than i am totally gutted. but thankful she passed peacefully. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry for your loss :( she was a strong piggy & clearly lived a wonderful happy life with you.

Popcorn free beautiful Maisie x

Cuddles for Eddie xx

Last edited:
Oh no, I am so very sorry to see that Maisie has gone! :cry::cry::cry:
I am absolutely heartbroken for you. She was a lovely, strong wee girlie and such a fighter. I'm just so very sad for you all. :( :( :(
Sending (((((((((comforting hugs))))))))))) and thoughts your way. If you need to talk, please PM me, my inbox in always open.
Popcorn free, Maisie. You will be deeply missed. :cry: xxxxxxxx

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=21306493

Oh Lea, I am so very sorry to read this. :cry:

She could not have wanted for a better or more devoted carer than you, she was a piggy surrounded by love to the end. Sending a big hug. xx

Sweet dreams beautiful Maisie piggy xx

So sorry I've only just seen this :( bless her little heart. Popcorn free at Rainbow bridge little Maisie piggy xxxx

She was very lucky to have such a lovely mummy and daddy. Thinking of you. Xxx

Back