• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Madelyn is gone7/24/20

I’m so very sorry:cry: you did everything you could for her :cry: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

As I said in my message T, I have only just come online and seen this tragic update :cry: :cry:

'I am so sorry' seem inadequate words, but I have no idea what else to say

(((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

xxxx

I am so sorry to see this update this morning. This is such sad news about your precious and beautiful girl. :cry::cry::cry:

I am so very sorry that Madelyn has gone to the bridge. You did absolutely everything you could for her and you gave her everything she could have wanted from her life with you.
Binkey free beautiful Madelyn. And huge hugs to you. Xx

Madelyn 10/21/14 to 7/24/20

After all she did for me ,I feel like I let her down. She was only 5.7 years old. I keep thinking she would be alive if I only did -----,or if I didn't do----.
Why was I so selfish to try to keep her in my life that she spent over 3 hours in her carrier either in the car or at my feet at vets? Why did I let strangers to her poke her multiple times to get blood she needed. All she wanted was to be held and die being loved by her mom who she trusted. I did not deserve to have such a special gift.

I am sorry Maddie. You deserved a better ending my precious girl.

Last edited:
After all she did for me ,I feel like I let her down. She was only 5.7 years old. I keep thinking she would be alive if I only did -----,or if I didn't do----.
Why was I so selfish to try to keep her in my life that she spent over 3 hours in her carrier either in the car or at my feet at vets? Why did I let strangers to her poke her multiple times to get blood she needed. All she wanted was to be held and die being loved by her mom who she trusted. I did not deserve to have such a special gift.

I am sorry Maddie. You deserved a better ending my precious girl.

You absolutely did not let her down. But I totally respect that you feel you did. Self blame is often what happens when we lose a beloved Rabbit, we seem to automatically feel responsible for their death when in reality we have not done anything other than fight to the end to try to help them.

It is so, so awful to feel as you are feeling and I wont patronise you with platitudes. Please know that I remain sitting next to you in cyber space as a friend

((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))) xx

You absolutely did not let her down. But I totally respect that you feel you did. Self blame is often what happens when we lose a beloved Rabbit, we seem to automatically feel responsible for their death when in reality we have not done anything other than fight to the end to try to help them.

It is so, so awful to feel as you are feeling and I wont patronise you with platitudes. Please know that I remain sitting next to you in cyber space as a friend

((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))) xx
As I held her lifeless body, I wailed like I never did before. The pain is beyond anything I ever imagined I could feel. My soulmate, my friend, my pretty girl is never going to hop and dance again. She will never sit on my lap getting rubs and grooming. ….

As I held her lifeless body, I wailed like I never did before. The pain is beyond anything I ever imagined I could feel. My soulmate, my friend, my pretty girl is never going to hop and dance again. She will never sit on my lap getting rubs and grooming. ….

:cry:

Trillions more hugs xx

:cry:

Bunny momma I am devastated for you. You didn't let her down you were trying to save her life and did everything you could in these really difficult times. We all know the bunny pain here and I hope in time you will see that everything you did for her was out of love. Bunnies are so fragile and can go down hill so fast. I saw a quote online which made me smile - "just as we pick the best flowers, heaven picks the best bunnies" . Sending you lots of love and please don't be so hard on yourself xxx

Bunny momma I am devastated for you. You didn't let her down you were trying to save her life and did everything you could in these really difficult times. We all know the bunny pain here and I hope in time you will see that everything you did for her was out of love. Bunnies are so fragile and can go down hill so fast. I saw a quote online which made me smile - "just as we pick the best flowers, heaven picks the best bunnies" . Sending you lots of love and please don't be so hard on yourself xxx

Hi bunny momma. I am so very sorry poor Madelyn has passed away, it is such devastating news. I quoted Loobers' words because I agree with them all and think they are so fitting.

Please be kind to yourself. xxx
R.I.P. Maddie xxxxxxxx

Just tried to reply to your latest PM T but your Inbox is full. I'll hang on to my message til you get the chance to clear some space xx

I’m so sorry to read this sad news this morning. Please don’t feel guilty, you did your absolute best for her xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back