• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Louie didn't eat his breakfast this morning U/D eating!

I'm thinking along these lines as well as Tilly,who is never poorly, has had 2 episodes this week and is moulting heavily. Vet couldn't find anything wrong either :?

Im positive that alot of illnesses, and particularly tummy issues, are linked to moulting. Max is moulting at the moment and hes markedly quieter than usual, it really takes it out of them :(

Thank goodness he is finally eating!

Started munching some hay and has now eaten some herbs :D He passed a bit of a gloopy poo and poo's are now a bit dark and slightly smaller than normal.

He is moulting but not as badly as a few weeks ago.

I will ask for some Metacam and Metaclop to keep at home, good idea.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes xxx

I found as soon as he passed some yucky poos he started eating with more vigour :thumb: glad he's had something and seems a bit better.

Have you had his choppers checked?? Ive not read all the thread.....
Kep grooming him....and paws crossed he keeps chomping.xxxx

That's interesting. George isn't quite 'right'. He is still eating pellets, veg and hay and is coming out of the crate but he isn't 'himself' - and both he and Gemma are moulting loads - I have piles of fluff all over the kitchen, no matter how often I vaccuum.

I've checked him over and he has no bites or lumps. His droppings are fine too so I am just keeping an eye on him. I hadn't thought it could be due to a moult but I think the same thing happened last year so it could well be connected. He is humping Gemma a lot as well - I feel really sorry for her, but she seems OK with it and sometimes noms while he is doing it:?

That's interesting. George isn't quite 'right'. He is still eating pellets, veg and hay and is coming out of the crate but he isn't 'himself' - and both he and Gemma are moulting loads - I have piles of fluff all over the kitchen, no matter how often I vaccuum.

I've checked him over and he has no bites or lumps. His droppings are fine too so I am just keeping an eye on him. I hadn't thought it could be due to a moult but I think the same thing happened last year so it could well be connected. He is humping Gemma a lot as well - I feel really sorry for her, but she seems OK with it and sometimes noms while he is doing it:?

Moulting uses up energy so they can be a bit lethargic at moult time. Smudge was a bit odd yesterday and wouldn't come out for his pellets but ate them when I put them in his bed. Then ventured out about five minutes later and ate some hay. Very odd.

Evie, yes he had his teeth checked.

Maybe it is to do with moulting, I can't think of a single thing that changed over the last 24 hours to have caused him to stop eating.

These rabbits cause so much stress and worry, they are so very fragile :(

Evie, yes he had his teeth checked.

Maybe it is to do with moulting, I can't think of a single thing that changed over the last 24 hours to have caused him to stop eating.

These rabbits cause so much stress and worry, they are so very fragile :(

They are, and such a mystery sometimes :(

Thank goodness Louie is eating again now, long may it continue xxxxxx

Louie's eaten hay and his breakfast this morning, so looking good!

I'm not sure if he is eating overnight and whether this could be causing the problem? He comes upstairs with me at bedtime and sleeps in the doorway of my bedroom. If I wake up in the night I can see him so I think he stays up there all night.

I am going to take some hay upstairs with me tonight together with a few herbs as I'm not sure if he goes down to eat during the night or not.

Thanks Karen!

I hate the way they are right as rain one minute and then stop eating the next, so worrying.

I make you right, Lily. It is very worrying. :(:( I love my bunnies, I just wish they weren't so good at hiding their pain sometimes. :(

best wishes to louie on his continued improvement. good idea to give him night-time noms. i wish i could leave mine out at night - there'd be nothing left of the house in the morning if i did!

He's got food downstairs but I don't know whether he goes down there at all during the night :roll:

So glad hes brighter this morning :)

I think its a good idea to take him a 'lunch box' of hay upstairs at night time, just to be absolutely sure hes nomming abit through the night. Expect a few extra poos in your doorway though, mine always poo when they eat hay! ;)

Back