• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lost my bunnies

I`m so deeply sorry you lost both your bunnies :cry: :cry: You must be heartbroken :cry: :cry:

Please let us know how you get on with re: to the breeder.

Hugs to you,
Su.x

Was the vet surprised that these babies had tooth spurs so young? I was surprised as you would not expect them to develop them so early would you? How devastating for you, I can imagine how upset you must feel as I have a Frenchie and love him to bits. Hope you get some answers from the breeder. Thinking of you. Pam

bluelop said:
Was the vet surprised that these babies had tooth spurs so young? I was surprised as you would not expect them to develop them so early would you? How devastating for you, I can imagine how upset you must feel as I have a Frenchie and love him to bits. Hope you get some answers from the breeder. Thinking of you. Pam

I think it was me who was more surprised, but the vet said small spikes had started to form and this would progressively get worse, and that he had seen it before on small babies.

Finlay munched is hay like it was going out of fashion, so now i am beginning to believe that teeth spurs are inherited. :(

:( oh how awful..im so sorry...

i hope you hear something soon...i had to ring the brc when our first doe was sill rung..a pet shop sold her..she had a misaligned jaw..dental probs and oral rabbit syphilis which all took a week or two to be spotted! The ring number was a fake..i was so mad and the pet stoe..surprise surprise wouldnt give me her details..hmphhhh

sadly many back yard breeders buy there stock and breed fromit even with dental probs..it makes money stil//grrr

Berties previous owner is BRC registered and although its only a small set up as she is a shower hobbyist and only has a few litters a year..one maybe two..all her frenchies are from solid stock..she gives the new parents diet and avice sheets and her phone number for anyhelp they need..she said any bun with dental probs is aliability and is promptly neauterd or spayed and kept as a pet. But she knows of many who still sneak a few litters from them as frenchies are very popular.

i am so sorry for you bothxx

purplebumble said:
:( oh how awful..im so sorry...

i hope you hear something soon...i had to ring the brc when our first doe was sill rung..a pet shop sold her..she had a misaligned jaw..dental probs and oral rabbit syphilis which all took a week or two to be spotted! The ring number was a fake..i was so mad and the pet stoe..surprise surprise wouldnt give me her details..hmphhhh

sadly many back yard breeders buy there stock and breed fromit even with dental probs..it makes money stil//grrr

Berties previous owner is BRC registered and although its only a small set up as she is a shower hobbyist and only has a few litters a year..one maybe two..all her frenchies are from solid stock..she gives the new parents diet and avice sheets and her phone number for anyhelp they need..she said any bun with dental probs is aliability and is promptly neauterd or spayed and kept as a pet. But she knows of many who still sneak a few litters from them as frenchies are very popular.

i am so sorry for you bothxx

Thank you, its some comfort knowing i'm probably not the only one out there to be taken for a ride by a breeder. I only wanted to do the right thing after Alfie, but end up losing two more bunnies. Its a harsh lesson but one i've certainly learnt. :(

Back