• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Bobster is very ill........updated 13.01.10 post 35.

Back to the vets this morning. Bobbi has had more pain killer, anti biotic and some fluids, which the vets said she took really well. Now I have to feed her build up every hour today.
C'mon Bobbi!!!! Hang in there darling!!

Come on Bobbi you can do it.

My little Bob has just had his leg amputated and is very quiet so lets hope that Bob and Bobbi have full recoverys.

Gosh. I'm back already. They've given her some pain relief and a shot of anti biotic, as they are treating it as a urinary infection at the moment.

Slightly OT, but please read - I rang them last night, initially through my private vets number. When I got there I realised I could get help as I receive benefit for being a carer. Never knew this. All this time I've been paying £100 plus for emergency treatment for all my pets. Not that I would EVER begrudge it.
So, anyway, I had to go over to 'the other side'. Basically the same reception, same vet, but different room (?). Now I'm not saying they don't do a brilliant job as a charity - but the response I got this evening, to the one last night when I was paying top whack!!!
Last night - quote 'Well you'd better bring her in, because rabbits can go down hill very quickly'
Tonight - quote 'You should have brought her through the day - this is an emergency clinic. She's fine, jumping around out the back, alert, maintaining her temperature. If you're not happy with how she is at home then there is euthanasia'
WTF!!! Sorry to go slightly off topic, but I was quite shocked! :shock:

All I wanted was for my Bobs to have a comfortable night.

That's disgusting! :evil:
Sending lots of vibes for Bobster xxxx

Come on Bobbi you can do it.

My little Bob has just had his leg amputated and is very quiet so lets hope that Bob and Bobbi have full recoverys.

Yes indeed. Although I've had MANY tears over the last few days, I'm trying very hard to stay positive and give out positive vibes to Bobbi. So consider some sent your way too! :wave:

I cant believe some vets - I really wonder if they think oh its only a rabbit. People seem to feel different about cats and dogs and would do anything for them.

Its disgusting how they are treated, surely as a vet you want to do everything in your power to help that animal.

I cant believe some vets - I really wonder if they think oh its only a rabbit. People seem to feel different about cats and dogs and would do anything for them.

Its disgusting how they are treated, surely as a vet you want to do everything in your power to help that animal.

Well you would think. But even people in general, well ones who have never owned a rabbit, seem to think that way. I don't think they realise how much you bond with a rabbit - and their individual personalities. I was supposed to be working tomorrow (teaching unruly teens Drama), but I had to ring and say I just couldn't do it. Apart from Bobs vets appointment anyway, you have to be in a ceratain frame of mind for that kinda work - and I just aint. But, again, I sort of got the impression that I should have gone in - my boss might have 'understood' more if it had been a dog......I don't know.....she was ok about it......but still....

:love:
Well you would think. But even people in general, well ones who have never owned a rabbit, seem to think that way. I don't think they realise how much you bond with a rabbit - and their individual personalities. I was supposed to be working tomorrow (teaching unruly teens Drama), but I had to ring and say I just couldn't do it. Apart from Bobs vets appointment anyway, you have to be in a ceratain frame of mind for that kinda work - and I just aint. But, again, I sort of got the impression that I should have gone in - my boss might have 'understood' more if it had been a dog......I don't know.....she was ok about it......but still....

Your so right - when we would of paid whatever it took to save Bobs leg and pin it people are like thats such a lot of money why dont you just get a new one!! You do get attached to the little things and its heartbreaking when they arent well (enough to put me off getting pets again as Ive been so upset by it all)

Well never mind what your boss thinks - you are doing the right thing!!

Thank you guys.

Ahhh my goodness, she's just been licking my nose.......she's so lovely.
First feed went ok. I just had to gently but firmly make sure that syringe stayed in her mouth, but at least something is going into her tummy!
Next one coming up in half an hour!

Well day of 'syringe feeding' done, and I've managed to get quite a bit into her. Just have to keep fingers crossed for some poo. The vet mentioned lactose if there was no movement......back there 9.30am tomorrow.

Little Bobbi is such a good girl. We had a big cuddle and kiss before, she was tranced, and she had a little bit of a wee on the duvet (which I've put down on the floor in her room), but as soon as I stopped stroking her head, (out of trance!) she leapt into her hutch to wee in the right place. Bless her. x

I'll say nighty to all and your buns. Speak to you tomorrow x :)

Well guys, just wanted to let you all know that my beautiful, gorgeous Bobs passed away a couple of hours ago.
The vets were going to try and see what problems she had going on inside......she went under the anaesthetic ok, but then stopped breathing and her heart stopped. They immediately revived her, but it was clear she was very sick and was incredibly groggy afterwards. I went straight down and the vet did advise, that it really would be best to put her to sleep. On the x-ray she had a lot of food still in her stomach that wasn't moving along the intestine - so her little system seems to have stopped working properly. The vet thinking it was simply an age thing.
So I kissed and stroked her head all the time, her little nose was still going, I'm sure she knew I was with her and I said to her that it was alright for her to go and that I'd see her again and loved her so much. I'm going to miss her so much. It pains me to go into the kitchen past her room....her hutch....everything. I've put her in her room, wrapped in her favourite towel, which she would lick furiously, and will bury her tomorrow.

My heart is breaking Bobbi - I never before had a rabbit, and you have taught me just how wonderful and strong the bond between us could be. Bobs you brought such happiness and joy to my heart and that is forever where you will stay. Sweet dreams my darling. Until we meet again x

soo sorry for your loss :cry: i cried reading this it reminded me alot about having my bun pts in niv last year, im glad you were with her to say goodbye, even if it was hard for you :cry:

i am soooo sorry bobbi has gone (and really tearful i'm afraid:(). thankfully you were there with her.
thoughts with you xxxx

Im so sorry, I am crying my eyes out for you. Its a terrible thing to happen. Im glad that you had the chance to know her and feel the joy of her life. You obviously made her very happy too. Its good that you had the chance to say goodbye, she would have known that you were there and that would have been a huge comfort to her.

Binky free at the bridge little one, there are a lot of bunnies waiting there to play with you.

Back