• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lamb Chop my albino lop bunny

Lambchop keeps biting all the time and he clamps down hard when he bites. I don't think he will change after neutering. Its a real shame because he once had a nice friendly personality but I like that he has air plane ears that stick out at the side when he is running about. I expect he will be ok with other rabbits just not with humans.

Neutering nearly always reduces territorial aggression but the longer you leave it, the more engrained the behaviour becomes which is why spaying is best done at 5 months old.

Lambchop keeps biting all the time and he clamps down hard when he bites. I don't think he will change after neutering. Its a real shame because he once had a nice friendly personality but I like that he has air plane ears that stick out at the side when he is running about. I expect he will be ok with other rabbits just not with humans.

Not being neutered is exactly why he’s behaving in this way :)

What's happening about his neutering?

Why do you think he will be good with other bunnies when he is that aggressive with you?
As you said, he bites hard and that can do a lot of damage to another bunny before you could intervene.

Last edited:
Assuming all your rabbits are now back to full health, it's safe to get LC health checked and rebooked in for his neutering. It gives the best chance of him bonding with other rabbits, and hopefully to modify his behaviour towards you - although it's going to be several weeks after before you will notice anything. Leaving him entire isn't going to improve anything for either of you.

Neutering doesn't always change a rabbits behavior and there is no guarantee anything will change.

I know that in REW rabbits there eye sight can be poorer and its very possible his eyesight isn't as good as the others.

Back