• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lamb Chop my albino lop bunny

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
I couldn't find my posts that I made.

I posted in one thread that I was going to rehome Lamb Chop for his aggressiveness but the reality of the situation is that is not going to happen. Sometimes at the spare of the moment we think of things that we don't really want to do without a clear head. I can't imagine waking up in the morning without seeing Lamb Chop. He still bites and I'm in the process of training him. Its kinda strange because even tough he bites me I'd be depressed if I got rid of him. I can pet him on some days and he would be ok with it. I still haven't managed to get him neutered but as time goes by I think I can get used to it. He has great training potential and seems to be very intelligent so as soon as I get the opportunity he will get neutered I just have to see what next year brings but whatever happens he is a keeper.

All my bunnies are special in there own way.

Last edited:
Hopefully you will be able to get Lamb Chop neutered soon. I think it's likely he would be more settled if he were able to live with a spayed doe. It's also possible that he would then stop biting.

If you plan on allowing him to have a bunny friend, he may need to be neutered to avoid endangering another bunny.
I have seen the damage first hand, with my Zorro who was bullied at a pet store, and bit over and over many many times by another young bunny who was not neutered. I also saw the damage done by the unneutered brothers my young great niece and nephew got as babies during covid shutdown. Bunnies were separated. The parents did not want to neuter and the bunnies were surrendered because they would bite when least expected and unsafe for children.
I also had brothers and they had to live apart because the day they were to be neutered , one was ill and had his neuter cancelled. It was rescheduled yet he was never well enough to get his neuter and attempts to rebond them failed.
Sending you positive vibes for Lamb Chop.

Last edited:
Hopefully you will be able to get Lamb Chop neutered soon. I think it's likely he would be more settled if he were able to live with a spayed doe. It's also possible that he would then stop biting.

I agree. He is probably very frustrated as he will be able to smell the other two Rabbits, even if he cannot see them. If you handle the other Rabbits or get their scent on you in any way before you try to touch LC he will react to your hand as if it is another Rabbit. He will react to what he can smell not what he can see.

The longer you leave it to get LC neutered, the more engrained the biting habit will become and he might carry on even after his op.

Glad you are getting him neutered as soon as you have the opportunity. Hopefully he can be bonded and have a happy life with you.

I'm hoping it is the only reason but as time goes on he may continue to bite its just one of those things. I've got used to it but he still manages to catch me off guard like the other day I was filling up his bowl and he jumped up and bit my finger and made me drop all the food on the floor. I have his feeding/sleeping area raised up from the ground with a ramp he runs up and down giving him more space below rather than having everything on ground level.

In the mornings when I go to check on him feed/water the first thing he does is jumps up and flicks his ears and starts running about doing binkies and he will then run circles around me and follow me and bite my shoes although of course mostly this will be because he isn't neutered but I don't mind it. I doubt next year will be much different but at least I'll stand more of a chance to get him booked in and join the waiting list. The waiting list is around 2 to 3 months. I've found a vet but I have to wait for now so next year Ill be trying again.

As long as he don't rip my face off I don't mind :lol:

Last edited:
Wow - a waiting list of 2 to 3 months Which vet are you using and have you put his name on their waiting list?

I know its crazy but I guess these are the times we are living now. I was unable to get his name on the list yet. I have been looking into other possible vets with no joy either because they aren't rabbit savvy or too pricey Even the one I'm planning on registering him with is pricey but cheaper and rabbit savvy so that is my best bet for now.

I know its crazy but I guess these are the times we are living now. I was unable to get his name on the list yet. I have been looking into other possible vets with no joy either because they aren't rabbit savvy or too pricey Even the one I'm planning on registering him with is pricey but cheaper and rabbit savvy so that is my best bet for now.

It isn’t the times we are living in. As I mentioned before, we have rabbits neutered every week - there are no waits around here and I don’t know of anyone else I work alongside experiencing waits either. Which vet is quoting you three months ? :) I’m sure we can help you find one that is much sooner.

It isn’t the times we are living in. As I mentioned before, we have rabbits neutered every week - there are no waits around here and I don’t know of anyone else I work alongside experiencing waits either. Which vet is quoting you three months ? :) I’m sure we can help you find one that is much sooner.

First of all Happy New Year... what vets do you have your rabbits neutered every week with no waits?

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all Happy New Year... what vets do you have your rabbits neutered every week with no waits?

We use three different practices, spread over three different areas of the country (dependent on where our fosterers live) - all of which I can get a neutering appt with the same week as I call. Often the next day.

I've been trying Vets4Pets as they are the most reasonable priced especially when I'm planning to get several rabbits done, I want to get 3 of the baby buns done plus vaccines for the youngsters as well as neutering for Lamb Chop. There are plenty of Medivets dotted about but none seem to have any rabbit vets and neutering is expensive at those vets. It was an absolute nightmare last year trying to find somewhere. The prices I was quoted were horrendous. Maybe I'll have better luck this year.

Last edited:
I very much doubt if prices will have gone down, but you may be able to negotiate a discount for taking several rabbits in at once. I would suggest getting vaccines done as soon as possible. With the weather warming up as we move into Spring, rabbit diseases will start to become more prevalent and you have a lot of vulnerable ones. Being indoors is no protection. If one gets myxi or RHD, all the unvaccinated ones are susceptible to it.

I very much doubt if prices will have gone down, but you may be able to negotiate a discount for taking several rabbits in at once. I would suggest getting vaccines done as soon as possible. With the weather warming up as we move into Spring, rabbit diseases will start to become more prevalent and you have a lot of vulnerable ones. Being indoors is no protection. If one gets myxi or RHD, all the unvaccinated ones are susceptible to it.

I agree, I would prioritise getting all the Rabbits vaccinated, this week if possible. The Nobivac Myxo RHD Plus can be given from the age of 5 weeks.

The more Rabbits you take in the more expensive things are going to get. So although I am sure your heart is in the right place do be careful not to keep taking on more and more Pets that you might not be able to afford essential Vet care for. It is something I have seen happen many times when people allow their hearts to rule their heads.

This is not a judgement on you personally, just a general comment.

This was something I was thinking about earlier... having too many rabbits will be an issue and I'm going to have to be realistic about who I can keep, taking on more bunnies isn't going to be affordable, really I should just have a pair and that is it that way its easier and cheaper to look after them. I suppose 3 rabbits is enough. Its going to be very hard and I realize I'm going to have to make some tough decisions very soon but in the mean time I'll just do what I can afford with getting the babies there vaccines and start looking for potential homes for them.

I wasn't expecting prices to have gone down but I was hoping there would be more options like more vets offering rabbit neutering. I know I'm going to have to pay a lot for it. I've had a headache today trying to find vets that will do it, the only vet left is the one in Royal College Street. I feel like I'm going around in circles again. If they can't do it or tell me there is a long waiting list then my only other options are to find a non rabbit savvy vet and take the risk, Medi Vet can do it for 300 but they are not rabbit savvy or give up and seriously reconsider if it would be best for Lamb Chop to go to rescue, and the thought of that really frustrates me and makes me sad because he is very aggressive and the longer he waits the less likely I'm going to have a nice bunny, he could be aggressive for the rest of his life regardless.

I wasn't expecting prices to have gone down but I was hoping there would be more options like more vets offering rabbit neutering. I know I'm going to have to pay a lot for it. I've had a headache today trying to find vets that will do it, the only vet left is the one in Royal College Street. I feel like I'm going around in circles again. If they can't do it or tell me there is a long waiting list then my only other options are to find a non rabbit savvy vet and take the risk, Medi Vet can do it for 300 but they are not rabbit savvy or give up and seriously reconsider if it would be best for Lamb Chop to go to rescue, and the thought of that really frustrates me and makes me sad because he is very aggressive and the longer he waits the less likely I'm going to have a nice bunny, he could be aggressive for the rest of his life regardless.

It is unlikely he is aggressive, he’s just an unneutered buck. Likely in a too small space, from what you’ve said on other posts? If you post whereabouts you are I’m sure we can find a vet that can easily neuter him for you - vets are neutering rabbits every day, every rescue I work alongside are having rabbits neutered every day. I don’t know any issues whatsoever with not being able to get them done. Rescues are at crisis point, it is likely you would not be able to find rescue space.

Back