• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lamb Chop my albino lop bunny

It is unlikely he is aggressive, he’s just an unneutered buck. Likely in a too small space, from what you’ve said on other posts? If you post whereabouts you are I’m sure we can find a vet that can easily neuter him for you - vets are neutering rabbits every day, every rescue I work alongside are having rabbits neutered every day. I don’t know any issues whatsoever with not being able to get them done. Rescues are at crisis point, it is likely you would not be able to find rescue space.

A rabbit savvy vet anywhere in London will do. I've exhausted all the ones I can find online. I would literally have him neutered tomorrow if I could, I've got the money all I need is a vet who are doing rabbit neutering.

If you could find a vet that would do it I'd be very grateful. I am an individual not a rescue, It makes no sense for vets to to be closing down the small animals neutering department.

All I get is "sorry we are not offering neutering services for rabbits" "there is a long waiting list" or non rabbit savvy vets saying its high risk but they can do it for a price. I'm not sure if I want to put my bunny at high risk from a non rabbit savvy vet because this is what I've been left with.

Last edited:
Its like smacking my head against a brick wall every time I try to find a decent vet who is rabbit savvy to neuter my bunny. I have 400 pounds to spend on his neutering and there is nobody that will do it other than Medivet who are not rabbit savvy and say its high risk.

Tomorrow I will try again but after that I'm giving up because its driving me insane. I will have to make a decision whether to take the high risk or give him up because he can't carry on like this and I need to think about his welfare. Its not good that I have to keep him separated, I can't handle him neither because he bites. He is becoming very depressed as well. He is not happy and I can't see a way forward. If he goes into a shelter he will get what he needs and some lucky :censored: will get to adopt him. I don't know what else to do anymore I'm very near to my wits end.

What part of London are you in? North, South, East, West?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Its like smacking my head against a brick wall every time I try to find a decent vet who is rabbit savvy to neuter my bunny. I have 400 pounds to spend on his neutering and there is nobody that will do it other than Medivet who are not rabbit savvy and say its high risk.

Tomorrow I will try again but after that I'm giving up because its driving me insane. I will have to make a decision whether to take the high risk or give him up because he can't carry on like this and I need to think about his welfare. Its not good that I have to keep him separated, I can't handle him neither because he bites. He is becoming very depressed as well. He is not happy and I can't see a way forward. If he goes into a shelter he will get what he needs and some lucky :censored: will get to adopt him. I don't know what else to do anymore I'm very near to my wits end.

Giving him up isn’t the answer. Ring your local rescue and ask where they use for neutering and book him in. Or if you can advise your rough location we can easily find vets that will neuter him for you. I really can’t understand what issue you’re having - every vet neuters rabbits.

Giving him up isn’t the answer. Ring your local rescue and ask where they use for neutering and book him in. Or if you can advise your rough location we can easily find vets that will neuter him for you. I really can’t understand what issue you’re having - every vet neuters rabbits.

That is not true. Nobody will understand my issue because nobody is trying to get there rabbit neutered. A lot of vets have suspended rabbit neutering. Other vets aren't rabbit savvy.. I can promise I'm having major issues trying to find a vet to do it.

I think that would be another option I just hope they don't turn me away. I'll look for some rescues and see what they say otherwise I'm going to have make some sort of appeal because its getting ridiculous.

Last edited:
You could also ring your contact from the RSPCA to see if they can suggest a vet who will neuter for you.

Rightto, I have just called the RSPCA Harmsworth Hospital. This is what they have advised you to do
Firstly, the Inspector who visited you should have left you details of how to contact him/her. If so do this this morning and explain your difficulties about getting a Vet to neuter LC. The Inspector will then contact the National Centre and raise a case with the Management Team to get them to find you a Vet who will do the neuter. If the Inspector did not give you any contact details they must have left you a case Reference Number. If you can’t contact The Inspector you need to call the National Call Centre, tel 0300 123 4999,give them the case number and they will contact The Inspector and ask him/ her to contact you ASAP. You can then ask The Inspector for help to get a Vet to neuter LC. Harmsworth say you can start this process straight away, ie this morning :)

Rightto, I have just called the RSPCA Harmsworth Hospital. This is what they have advised you to do
Firstly, the Inspector who visited you should have left you details of how to contact him/her. If so do this this morning and explain your difficulties about getting a Vet to neuter LC. The Inspector will then contact the National Centre and raise a case with the Management Team to get them to find you a Vet who will do the neuter. If the Inspector did not give you any contact details they must have left you a case Reference Number. If you can’t contact The Inspector you need to call the National Call Centre, tel 0300 123 4999,give them the case number and they will contact The Inspector and ask him/ her to contact you ASAP. You can then ask The Inspector for help to get a Vet to neuter LC. Harmsworth say you can start this process straight away, ie this morning :)

Thanks for the info. I've already been on the case and somebody will be getting back to me by the end of today.

Also thanks for taking the time to help me and calling them. I appreciate it :)

Last edited:
I have managed to sort something... I got two dates I could bring him in for his neutering, either the 26th of this month or 2nd of January and the neutering will be 170 pounds so much better than the 300 plus I was quoted before by other places.

First I want to go to the vet in person without Lambchop this is so I can work out how to get there, then I'll book a slot and bring Lambchop with me on the next appointment. I'd hate to get lost so I;m going to get familiar with the journey first.

I have managed to sort something... I got two dates I could bring him in for his neutering, either the 26th of this month or 2nd of January and the neutering will be 170 pounds so much better than the 300 plus I was quoted before by other places.

First I want to go to the vet in person without Lambchop this is so I can work out how to get there, then I'll book a slot and bring Lambchop with me on the next appointment. I'd hate to get lost so I;m going to get familiar with the journey first.

Glad you have found a Vet who can do the Neuter. I would want to familiarise myself with the journey too so your plan to do a trial run is understandable for me :)

Did you manage to familiarise yourself with the journey (which I would have to do too) and book in Lambchop?

Its a bit of a trek from the bus stop. I think I can manage with him. I'll be taking a fold up tool trolley to put the pet carrier on with extra security so he can't get out. I'm doing one last journey on Monday then I'm paying a deposit and getting him booked in.

Lampchop keeps digging all the food out of his bowl, every morning when I go feed him he digs his food out his bowl and digs the hay I give him and stamps his foot at me.

Back