• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lamb Chop & Oreo had a bad fight

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
So a few nights ago I heard this blood curdling sequel at around 3am and I got up to see what had happened. Lamb Chop had a firm grip on Oreo, Oreo had been attacked, she has 5 bite marks on her and had an injury to her eye. I treated her for her bites and waited until the vets where open and I took her to the vet. Luckily her eye is ok but she had a nasty bite just under her eye with some torn flesh. Lamb Chop has since been removed. Oreo is going to be fine she was a bit shaken up for some time but shes is doing ok now. Lamb Chop is very aggressive and I'm running out of ideas on what to do other than to keep him separate from the others. The vet said Oreos bites should heal up within the next few weeks.

Hi Lord trellis. I have no answers for you, but just wanted to send wishes for a speedy recovery to Oreo and hoping the answers come to you in how to manage Lamb Chop. I'm sure there is a way to get to the bottom of his Aggression. Hope someone can bring some suggestions.

I know you said all the bunnies are neutered. Even so he may have other issues that result in him being hormonal. Has the vet made any suggestions?
Sending vibes for Oreo to make a full recovery.

Has anything else changed that may have affected either of the rabbits? Any changes in their 'usual' may stress or spook a rabbit into aggression. Things in the flat - like a change in their space, interaction with other pets, new pets, etc, even Xmas decorations. There could be things outside - new noises (roadworks, or DIY work, for example), or health issues with any of the rabbits which are picked up by the others, even if it's not noticeable to you.

Ahh poor Oreo 😔 Many people on the forum will give you advice, I hope everything gets better quickly and Oreo gets better too 🩷

Has anything else changed that may have affected either of the rabbits? Any changes in their 'usual' may stress or spook a rabbit into aggression. Things in the flat - like a change in their space, interaction with other pets, new pets, etc, even Xmas decorations. There could be things outside - new noises (roadworks, or DIY work, for example), or health issues with any of the rabbits which are picked up by the others, even if it's not noticeable to you.
Nothing has really changed... there have been some foxes about late at night screaming away but other than that nothing has changed. I will take LambChop for an examination after Christmas.

Foxes will affect rabbits, even if they can only hear them. Knowing that there's something nearby that wants to eat you will be stressful - which in turn might bring on health issues and / or aggression in different rabbits. So that might be one thing that's affecting them. Could be other factors as well.

I had a bonded pair of siblings a few years ago and the smaller one of the two must have got tired of being bossed around and picked on occasionally by the larger one and bit her neck by the jugular. It's traumatic when that happens and I can sympathize.

I had to take Oreo back to the vet because she wouldn't open her eye and it was looking a bit dull. The vets gave me some antibiotic eye drops for her and after her first eye drop she quickly recovered. She doesn't like me giving her eye drops but its just something I have got to do until her eye has fully got better.

Reactions: KCG
Back