• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping them cool

mine are looking pretty hot and bothered but ive done most of the things that people have said- ive evn given them slices of cucumber which they licked licking :)

Hang a damp (not dripping) towel on the run, as it dries it cools the surrounding air.

I did this used a single duvet cover which they seemed to appreciate but it dried in about 10 mins :roll: but it's keeping me fit wondering in and out to wet it again:lol:

the wetting ears thing - my vet said not to do it, as wet fur attracts flies :-/ not that i can get that close to tia anyway. im really worried, it was 27degrees in the shed at 9am yday when i opened up - and we're away next weekend and our landlady will be feeding them for us, but I dunno what time she will be getting there (to give them their water bottle/open door / give breakfast) im a worried jibbering mess already!

It is meant to cool down next week apparently so hopefully you won't need to worry as much! :wave:

Back