• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've just been told off

Do you use herbs? I give those rather than veg, and you can buy pots of those all year round :)

basil at the mo :D parsley dies as soon as i look at it :roll:... i may add the others when winter comes. i just cant imagine life without fresh brambles, its already harder to find dandelions :shock::shock:

we need rain :lol::lol::lol:

need to shift my ass and get drying nettles theres millions about right now

basil at the mo :D parsley dies as soon as i look at it :roll:... i may add the others when winter comes. i just cant imagine life without fresh brambles, its already harder to find dandelions :shock::shock:

Dandelions are sparse around here too, but when we get rain they'll pick up. Have you tried rose leaves and petals? My boys love them, and they are so easy to collect and dry.

Dandelions are sparse around here too, but when we get rain they'll pick up. Have you tried rose leaves and petals? My boys love them, and they are so easy to collect and dry.

petals were frowned upon. leaves are going down well.. altho my mom isnt impressed at her shrinking plants :lol::lol::lol:

Apple tree leaves are great too.

I'm lucky that I have a couple of apple trees in my gardens, but the council often plant them in parks or nature reserves

Apple tree leaves are great too.

I'm lucky that I have a couple of apple trees in my gardens, but the council often plant them in parks or nature reserves

I drove out to a common near where I used to live last autumn specially to get apple branches and leaves to find all of the trees had very inconsiderately died :shock:

I need an apple tree of my own........I don't know anyone who has one any more....

Sorry, I agree with hubby. Pre-packaged stuff is what supermarkets called 'added value' meaning that they take a cheap product, chop it up, re-package and then triple the price. If you don't mind paying the extra, fair enough, but I would think it wasteful and I am sure the bunnies don't give a stuff as long as the stuff arrives in some shape or form. :lol::lol:

Yep, I agree! Mine get leftovers, I very rarely buy them something.

Although the day I adopted them, when we were travelling 2.5hours home, on the train and car, I did pop into Marks and Spencers and bought them a bag. But that's all they ever got!

I agree with your husband I'm afraid...but then I would never countenance buying pre-prepared veg for humans either :lol: There's usually more packaging on it, it's phenomenally expensive and the more you chop up their food for them, the less work they have to do themselves - I like to give them a big sprout stalk and they're occupied for hours :) What's the point of providing toys and environmental enrichment for our pets if we then chew their food for them? It doesn't make sense :lol:

I am jealous of all of you and your herbs. I can get big bunches of parsley for $2 - but basil & mint come in tiny packets for about $3. It is a rip off cause the amount in the packets wouldn't even please Charlee (and she isn't overly fussed with veggies). Corriander is the other herb that I can get - but I refuse because the smell makes me gag, and the guinea pigs turn up their noses at it.

Nettles aren't suitable for human consumption after june - I don't know if the same applies to rabbits but it might be worth checking out. :)

Back