• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it weird for men to have pet rabbits?

Definitely not weird. In fact, I think most women find it attractive if a man shows compassion towards animals :thumb:. You'll probably find more men would like to keep small furries but are put off by their peer group laughing at them or making jokes. It's such a shame.

You'll probably find more men would like to keep small furries but are put off by their peer group laughing at them or making jokes. It's such a shame.
I agree. OH and I worked with a man for several years and he never mentioned the fact he kept rabbits until he saw some photos of my OH with the bunnies on facebook. He talked about them non-stop once he knew we had them and weren't going to laugh at him :lol:

I don't think it's weird. My tattooist is a 20 stone tough guy covered in tattoos and piercings (with a red mohawk) and he keeps guineas and hammies, people are always surprised to find that out!

My OH loves the buns as much as I do. I think it says a lot about him :D

I'm 30 (2foot-buck) and we've got 4 housebuns that I love to bits. I do most of the husbandry for them - OH mainly just does the cuddling, calling them cute and issuing nose-rubs unless I'm away LOL

I know some of our friends think it's a bit strange but they are the ones missing out! OK they have their moments of destruction, but a house without them would be rubbish! They certainly cheer you up no matter how crud your day has been or what's going on in your life. I do have to actively limit the amount of time I spend talking about them when with friends though lol :oops:.

I think it's an excellent quality in a man! You may find responses to your question on here are somewhat biased though :lol: I definitely agree with whoever said men are less likely to admit to it though, you'd never realise how attached my husband is to our bunnies when he talks about them to other men!

It's because rabbits are seen as children's pets for little girls, if she had said you had a bearded dragon or a dog, they wouldn't have commented like that because they are seen as "adult pets or suitable for men." same with hamsters. It's just a stigma they're attached with, but it's not weird at all.

It's actually a sexy attribute in men :love::love:

I'm 30 (2foot-buck) and we've got 4 housebuns that I love to bits. I do most of the husbandry for them - OH mainly just does the cuddling, calling them cute and issuing nose-rubs unless I'm away LOL

I know some of our friends think it's a bit strange but they are the ones missing out! OK they have their moments of destruction, but a house without them would be rubbish! They certainly cheer you up no matter how crud your day has been or what's going on in your life. I do have to actively limit the amount of time I spend talking about them when with friends though lol :oops:.

:thumb::D

Not at all.

My dearest other half is the perfect daddy to our 4 fur children (bunnies) and shelled Child (tortoise).

There is most certainly nothing wrong with such a breed of man :D

Last edited:
It was Me&bobo (my hubby) who introduced me to rabbits - he brought Bobo home:thumb: He did promise to feed and clean etc - but somehow I've ended up doing all that for all our little beasties.:lol:

I am so grateful that I have a hubby that loves animals as much as - if not more than - me! Will make life so simple when I bring home my Tibetan Mastive dog....:love:

If you don't like pets (whether you are a man or a woman) you're not a good person.
Two (male) colleagues have pets and it's no surprise I like them better than the rest.
I know this young guy that breeds guinea pigs and that's not something you do to make money, he just likes them very much

I wouldn't say they are not a good person, but I certainly don't like people who don't like pets/animals.

It's not weird at all. I was actually watch a show on Animal Planet and there was some club or something raising Netherland Dwarfs and the reason I remember was all the members were blokes. Despite what most people would have you believe you don't have to walk around with a staffie or pitbull to be manley. My boyfriend helps me with my rabbits he especially adores Coco when she tries sneaking up on him and investigating his feet....in short REAL MEN LOVE RABBITS!!

I dont feel weird but i think other people find it strange sometimes.
I would be lost without my buns,they are a major part of my life
and are part of our family.
So glad i found this forum as a lot of people dont get the bunny thing.
Male and proud to love buns.

I love how everyone on here is helpful to others and understand us that have an interest/love for rabbits on here too :thumb:

I don't think I could be with a man who did not love animals, regardless of species. But men who like rabbits are the best. :love: Rabbits are delicate creatures and to be gentle enough to own them is a very attractive trait. :love:

My husband is the softest ever with our rabbits. He's an amateur boxer and he had a fight the other night which he won. He said to me yesterday his facebook is full of pics cuddling our rabbits then one of his lamping his opponent one :lol:

Haha, this is great

Back