• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it weird for men to have pet rabbits?

I dont feel weird but i think other people find it strange sometimes.
I would be lost without my buns,they are a major part of my life
and are part of our family.
So glad i found this forum as a lot of people dont get the bunny thing.
Male and proud to love buns.

i never knew you were male until now!

I don't think I could be with a man who did not love animals, regardless of species. But men who like rabbits are the best. :love: Rabbits are delicate creatures and to be gentle enough to own them is a very attractive trait. :love:

My husband is the softest ever with our rabbits. He's an amateur boxer and he had a fight the other night which he won. He said to me yesterday his facebook is full of pics cuddling our rabbits then one of his lamping his opponent one :lol:

My OH loves the bunnies although if he was in male company he wouldnt admit it! You will never lose with a chat up line of... you want to come and see my bunnies! Girls love animals (Most anyway im sure there is a few that dont) I think its great, there is nothing better than a man who cares for animals :thumb:

My OH is in his 40's, ex-army and absolutely besotted with our three buns. He gets up at 7am to feed them, buys them treats and spends hours with them on the floor...and doesn't care who knows. I think it's cute.

me and bev have house buns, i am 44 and don't care at all what people think.
i rather have a house bun than any other animal.

its so nice to come home to see a little happy face that want to see you when you get in from work.

the funny part is it was 2 other joiner that told me about house rabbits and how good it was.
all blokes in there 30's and 40's.

les

Last edited:
Nope not weird at all :p

My OH was in the 'rabbits are boring camp' then we got one and he fell in love :love: I heard him explaining to his brother why rabbits make awesome pets the other day :lol: :love:

I also find men who care about animals attractive, maybe it's as simple as recognising a shared passion? I know I probably wouldn't be happy with someone who didn't care about pets.

Guys who like bunnies = AMAZING :D deffo not weird IMO but I guess people still think of them as pets for kids. Some cow at the vets told me to "grow up" once :evil: idiot doesn't know what she's missing :roll:

As well as my partner (who adores the rabbits and is much better with them than I am and does all the hand rearing and illness treatments) - there is also a great guy called Gary who does stuff for Rabbit residence AND runs a brilliant website about rabbits including his own Whisky who he adores.

http://bunniestotherescue.blogspot.co.uk

and this is the one my partner ran for Parsley (now running for Parsley Piert) http://parsleyswarren.org

My hubby was just as excited a my daughter and I when we got Alvin, we spent weeks trying to name him together.

He love all our bunnies and was just as heart broken as I when Roxy died. Xx

My bf loves animals in general :love: he liked the rabbits before but when Poppy got poorly and had to move in with him he became smitten, no matter how much she wees on the bed or has taken over his room :lol:

I hope it isn't too weird I have had rabbits for 22 years now, along with parrots and skinks.

Its not weird at all. Historically it was men (monks) who domesticated and bred rabbits and developed and learned all about their behaviour. Horses too were once a prevailing interest of men whereas nowadays more females have an interest in horses and rabbits. These things tend to rotate.

My OH is responsible for us adopting several of our rabbits, he named them, wanted them and does everything for them. He cried when one was pts recently. I agree with the other ladies who say its more attractive to women to see a man be nice to animals, it shows you care and have a tender side.

No!! Men who love animals are the best type of men!

This! I wouldn't even date a boy that doesn't love animals. I'm obsessed with animals so he'd have to be too.

It really doesn't make any sense why age or gender would matter at all when it comes to animals.

I'm 51 and still single and would love to find a man who had pet rabbits. A guy who will accept indoor bunnies is a 'must' but someone who actually had his own buns would be wonderful.

My last two exes both coped well with bunnies in the bedroom when I was bonding. It really is a case of 'love me, love my fur family'. Guess I will stay single for a lot longer :(:(

Back