• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it Because I am Ill ?

I am still heartbroken at losing my horse a year ago. My parents have commented on how i have changed since he went, they think i'm depressed.

You're not 'depressed' as in being clinically depressed without an obvious trigger, you're grieving and no amount of pills is going to change it. It can take quite a time for the good days to outnumber the bad days.

You're not 'depressed' as in being clinically depressed without an obvious trigger, you're grieving and no amount of pills is going to change it. It can take quite a time for the good days to outnumber the bad days.

Yeah, i don't believe i'm depressed. Its just he was a huge part of my life for 19yrs and its hard to believe its all over :cry:

Jane, i remember something you posted on here when i lost my Jack.

It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

To be honest Jane I think you are a perfectly normal animal loving person. I lost my cat Charley earlier this year and a day never goes by without me thinking of her.

Charley came to live with me at a very difficult time in my life, when my health was very bad and we shared so many secrets and special moments throughout the 16 years we were together, I am honoured that she chose to spend her life with us. My hubby always referred to her as "my cat", she followed me everywhere, would be by my side no matter what I was doing, if I was ill she would curl up next to me, just so she could "check" I was ok. I don't need to tell you what a special bond formed between us, but every day I think of her and all our special moments, and every so often I shed a few tears (like now) when I think of her and I suspect I always will.

Knowing you can talk to like minded people on here is a huge help so never feel you can't post Jane.

To be honest Jane I think you are a perfectly normal animal loving person. I lost my cat Charley earlier this year and a day never goes by without me thinking of her.

Charley came to live with me at a very difficult time in my life, when my health was very bad and we shared so many secrets and special moments throughout the 16 years we were together, I am honoured that she chose to spend her life with us. My hubby always referred to her as "my cat", she followed me everywhere, would be by my side no matter what I was doing, if I was ill she would curl up next to me, just so she could "check" I was ok. I don't need to tell you what a special bond formed between us, but every day I think of her and all our special moments, and every so often I shed a few tears (like now) when I think of her and I suspect I always will.

Knowing you can talk to like minded people on here is a huge help so never feel you can't post Jane.

Thank you :)

Charley sounds such a special cat and I really understand the bond you developed with each other.

Jack was with me in body for 7.5 years but he will be with me, within my heart, for eternity. Just as Charley will be with you :)

I think we all have a special little soul that passes through our life, and only after they're gone do we really see just how special they were.
I've loved all of my animals like children (and yes I do have a child so I know that feeling too), but one of them that passed 2 years ago Christmas time was my special liitle soul.
I've lost my hair for the past 2 years (luckily only above my ears and around my neck so it can't be seen) since she has gone, and I weep often for her, so if you're a freak then so am I!

I love my BB desperately, and often have a good cry when I give her a cuddle 'cos one day I know she won't be here anymore:cry:

AWww Jane im so sorry but i totally relate to you, after losing my precious dad i had Billy my dwarf lop, when Billy was taken to the bridge on my dads birthday this year:cry:, it honestly was crippling, i absolutely loved,worshipped Billy to me he was one on his own.

I may sound like i harp on about it:oops:sorry but he was my best friend, the pain of losing him is with me everyday.The one thing he loved was christmas the tree, presents, choccies hanging off the tree:roll::lol:, and im dreading this christmas without him.So i really feel for you Jane.Take Care Deb.xxx

Back