• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it Because I am Ill ?

Well firstly Jane you are NOT pathetic!!.....
I feel the same with Pringle, although he is still here, i love all my buns HUGEEEEEEly, millions and millions, and their wee characters are just fantastic, but Pringle was my first EVER bun and we have such a hugeeeee bond!! its unbelievable,he follows me around the house, jumps up and sits beside me, i just need to pat the bed and he runs over and jumps up, etc. hes just lovely, and i always worry about loosing him, i dont think i could cope :(..

I know how much you love Jack and hes a bun that always sticks out in my mind since i have joined this forum.
Their will be times it will be very hard for you Jane, and times you feel extremly lonely.
I hope you are ok and me and the gang have sent masses of hugs for you :)

xx

Thanks again everyone :)
Even though the people I have contact with know I love my Buns they just cant understand how I feel about Jack. He really is my 'once in a lifetime' friend.

I do try to remember all the good times I shared with Jack in his 7.5 years of life :love: Its just sometimes the pain of not being able to hold him again hits me like a ten ton truck :cry:

As I said before, it has really helped to be able to talk with you about him.
Thank you :)

When I lost Monty in Feb., I feel bad too, because he's only been here for a few months, and he was an abandoned bun in the street, and I still haven't write the tribute to him on the Rainbow Bridge because I never done this before and I started it, but I want to write something nice that I can remember him by.

Now, I find that if you have a big LCD Screen, it's very helpful to post a gigantic Scale 1:1 (live size, as in some size as Monty) photo as the wallpaper of my computer, so I can see him everyday as I boot up the computer, so in a way, he never passed away. I have 2 x 30" LCD Screen, in the past months, his live size photo takes up 1 screen, so the photo looks real and make me feel better.

I don't think its because your ill, I think its just normal chick

I cried more when Reuben died than I did when my dad died, and Reuben was a rat. And now im sat here in tears again because I have started thinking about him, which happens pretty much every day because he is always on my mind and I miss him all the time. He hasn't been gone as long as Jack but I think I am always going to end up crying when I look at a photo or think about him

I know people probably don't think a rat is as important as a rabbit and might think I am weird for appearing to be more upset over loosing him than loosing a parent, but I just don't care what people think :) Hugs to you hun x

I think its perfectly understandable. When you have such a strong bond with an animal it can affect you quite badly.

My mum always talks about how losing her children is her greatest fear and the idea doesn't bear thinking about. It is obviously VERY different, but not having children myself i feel that way towards Fidget and my dogs.

I think this is normal too. I lost my Dad 6 and half years ago and have never "got over it", I have had to learn to adjust and "live with it". I have the same strong feelings of love and affection with Homer that I had about my Dad (and still do), I dread the day anything happens.

I think your experiences with Jack just make you even stronger with what you both went through. That is what unconditional love is all about.

Hugs to you Jane.

I don't think you're ill Jane, you just have more heart compared to some people. I'm still grieving for the rabbits who died 5 years ago and my last one to pass over was summer 2007. She died in my arms and I still see it clearly and it feels just like yesterday. For me these bunnies are my children and equal to humans (and superier to some of them too).

Like Gloria says, you will never get over it but you do learn to cope or bury the grief somewhat with time. I personally hope that when I die I can be with the bunnies again. There's no point in heaven if I can't see my wee ones there. :(

Love is so beautiful and painful but hold on to it Jane it keeps us real and alive and helps us to help others. You and Jack were lucky to have each other and hopefully you will again someday.

I don't think you're ill Jane, you just have more heart compared to some people. I'm still grieving for the rabbits who died 5 years ago and my last one to pass over was summer 2007. She died in my arms and I still see it clearly and it feels just like yesterday. For me these bunnies are my children and equal to humans (and superier to some of them too).

Like Gloria says, you will never get over it but you do learn to cope or bury the grief somewhat with time. I personally hope that when I die I can be with the bunnies again. There's no point in heaven if I can't see my wee ones there. :(

Love is so beautiful and painful but hold on to it Jane it keeps us real and alive and helps us to help others. You and Jack were lucky to have each other and hopefully you will again someday.

What a lovely post :)

Thank you xx

Sending you hugs [Jane]
I think the grieving processes is different for everyone in different ways. It's natures way of healing.
Maybe its because you miss him more, because your bond was deeper, that's why its harder for you to let go.
The only way i can understand is the loss i feel for my father to Alzheimer's, though he's still hear in body but not soul, and our bond was deep i know when he's gone from me, i probably still won't be able to accept the loss, and i'm unsure if i ever will.
I hpe you understand what i mean in concept to how you feel for Jack. :(

Jane I wish to someday own a pet and have the same bond with them that you had and still have with Jack. Even though losing them would be hard it would be worth it for the time spent with them. It's not a daft post and I completely understand but you need to think about how good it was to have had that time with him and focus on that:)

Sending you hugs [Jane]
I think the grieving processes is different for everyone in different ways. It's natures way of healing.
Maybe its because you miss him more, because your bond was deeper, that's why its harder for you to let go.
The only way i can understand is the loss i feel for my father to Alzheimer's, though he's still hear in body but not soul, and our bond was deep i know when he's gone from me, i probably still won't be able to accept the loss, and i'm unsure if i ever will.
I hpe you understand what i mean in concept to how you feel for Jack. :(

Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease. I am so sorry that your Dad has it. It must be like losing a loved one twice. First when their mind goes and then again when their body eventually goes :cry: :cry:

I don't think you ever get over losing that special pet because you had such a strong bond with them and so it's just so hard. It's now been over a year since Coco left us and it still hurts so much when I see a photo of him and I don't expect it to suddenly get a lot easier for a while.

It isn't strange to still miss him so much Jane, you're an incredible lady with a heart of gold; I'm sure Jack counted his lucky stars that you were his Mum. Big hugs xx

Near a shady wall a rose once grew,
Budded and blossomed in God's free light,
Watered and fed by the morning dew,
Shedding its sweetness day and night.

As it grew and blossomed fair and tall,
Slowly rising to loftier height,
It came to a crevice in the wall
Through which there shone a beam of light.

Onward it crept with added strength,
With never a thought of fear or pride,
It followed the light through the crevice's length
And unfolded itself on the other side.

The light, the dew, the broadening view
Were found the same as they were before;
And it lost itself in beauties new,
Breathing its fragrance more and more.

Shall claim of death cause us to grieve,
And make our courage faint and fall?
Nay! Let us faith and hope receive:
The rose still grows beyond the wall.

Scattering fragrance far and wide,
Just as it did in days of yore,
Just as it did on the other side,
Just as it will forevermore.

Near a shady wall a rose once grew,
Budded and blossomed in God's free light,
Watered and fed by the morning dew,
Shedding its sweetness day and night.

As it grew and blossomed fair and tall,
Slowly rising to loftier height,
It came to a crevice in the wall
Through which there shone a beam of light.

Onward it crept with added strength,
With never a thought of fear or pride,
It followed the light through the crevice's length
And unfolded itself on the other side.

The light, the dew, the broadening view
Were found the same as they were before;
And it lost itself in beauties new,
Breathing its fragrance more and more.

Shall claim of death cause us to grieve,
And make our courage faint and fall?
Nay! Let us faith and hope receive:
The rose still grows beyond the wall.

Scattering fragrance far and wide,
Just as it did in days of yore,
Just as it did on the other side,
Just as it will forevermore.

I will print this off, it is beautiful.
Thank you :)

xx

I know what you mean - I love all my buns & both my horses - but it scares me to think Danny - my youngest horse - is now nearly 20. I can't imagine being without him - he's been with me my entire adult life. I'd be gutted if I lost the older one, Mazzy, - as I've known him for over 14 years - but Danny's part of me.

I don't think you'll ever get over it:cry:

Bigs hugs Jane.

I am still heartbroken at losing my horse a year ago. My parents have commented on how i have changed since he went, they think i'm depressed. I still run the day i lost him over and over in my mind, its just awful :cry:

I understand how you feel, and it sounds like your bond with Jack was so strong. :D

All we can do is be grateful for all the time we had with them and that we made their lives as happy as possible.

Now i'm blubbing all over the keyboard :oops:

Big hugs

You are not pathetic, none of us are.

I think that some people just have more love to give than others and those of us on this forum are among them.

Toby, my pet dog was put to sleep when I was 16 - that was 17 years ago. My Dad took him to the vet and was told that it needed to be done and he let the vet do it there and then, without me saying goodbye or holding him as he went under. I have never forgotten that and whenever I hear 'Without You' I cry. I had Toby for 9 years - through all of the years I was bullied at school and in and out of hospital for different things. I love my family but he was my support

Some pets do more for us than most humans do, even some relatives and those people that don't understand that special bond are missing something special.

Grief takes a longtime

Take care, big hugs and remember Jack for all the good he did you and all the love you gave him

Emma

I does help to know that so many of you can understand about that 'extra special bond'.
I never mention it to anyone in 'real life', especially how losing Jack is harder for me than any other bereavement, be they human or animal. You can just imagin the comments and/or looks I'd get if I told anyone that losing my Mother does not hurt as much as losing Jack, a Rabbit.

I empathise with everyone who knows the pain of losing an extra special animal.

xx

Jane, i woke up the other night in tears about the 10 rabbits i lost nearly 4 years ago! and i still cry every time i think about Oakley so don't even go there! xx

Back