• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Rabbit Cage

I can't really make a two story because I'd either have to keep them together which I can't since they fight and because one of them limps so I don't think he'd be able to go up and down and also I would need a slide out tray so how would I install a slide out tray with two stories.

In the UK we do not use hutches with slide out trays, we usually provide a litter tray for them to use as a toilet area.

I can't really make a two story because I'd either have to keep them together which I can't since they fight and because one of them limps so I don't think he'd be able to go up and down and also I would need a slide out tray so how would I install a slide out tray with two stories.

So again the suggestion - why not get them neutered? It sounds like you simply do not have the space to keep them as seperate bunnies so I think you should concentrate your efforts towards getting them bonded. I appreciate you watch them when they are together but they could easily hurt each other even so - fighting bunnies can lock on to each other and be very hard to split. It doesn't seem fair to be keeping them cooped up in such a tiny space and then letting them out to potentially hurt each other.

So again the suggestion - why not get them neutered? It sounds like you simply do not have the space to keep them as seperate bunnies so I think you should concentrate your efforts towards getting them bonded. I appreciate you watch them when they are together but they could easily hurt each other even so - fighting bunnies can lock on to each other and be very hard to split. It doesn't seem fair to be keeping them cooped up in such a tiny space and then letting them out to potentially hurt each other.

I agree! I have 2 males who are about 4 months old and we cannot have them out at the same time due to them being funny with each other, due to this we have had to re-organise our flat to fit 2 indoor cages we have 1 cage on top of each other which works fine and haven't had any problems doing that. They get at least 3 hours running around our flat and at the weekends they have about 7.

I am going to get them neutered as soon as I can so that we can try bonding this will make things better for me and the rabbits as they can live together and have double the time out of the cage which obviously will be great.

One thing about litter training one of my rabbits Jeremy 9/10 will go back in his cage when he is out to go to the toilet (of course there have been a couple of accidents and this is without any proper litter training. Oscar on the other hand uses a tray and some days he is good with it and other days he leaves a trail of poo everywhere :lol:

One thing about litter training one of my rabbits Jeremy 9/10 will go back in his cage when he is out to go to the toilet (of course there have been a couple of accidents and this is without any proper litter training. Oscar on the other hand uses a tray and some days he is good with it and other days he leaves a trail of poo everywhere :lol:

If they are going out into the same area that the other rabbit has been running about, you may find that they are territory marking. Does this trail of poo depend on the order they are allowed out?

If they are going out into the same area that the other rabbit has been running about, you may find that they are territory marking. Does this trail of poo depend on the order they are allowed out?

erm to be honest I can't say ive really noticed, Oscar just seems to be a bunny that poo's a lot!

erm to be honest I can't say ive really noticed, Oscar just seems to be a bunny that poo's a lot!

My two started pooing everywhere when I had two foster boys in - they were in the same room but sectioned off - they've only just about gone back to using their trays *mostly* now! :rolleyes:

So appoximately how big should I have each cage. I'm thinking to just stack them on top of eachother or if not, put them right next to each other. They both go back in their cage when they need to use the washroom or they go towards the cage and wait until I put them in, so there's no problem with them doing their business outside the cage.

Our male stopped spraying after he was neutered, he also then started using a litter tray, :D we use wood based cat litter pellets and lots of hay, mine love to munch on hay and pee !

Your two will probably be competing for territory that is why they are spraying even more. I doubt you will get them to bond either especially while they are entire males. Do you allow them time to run around the house?(seperatly obviously) Could you get a couple of extra large dog crates and convert these into cages? (check out ebay) Perhaps if they are not housed near each other they will reduce the spraying. (neutering is the better option and kindest as they will never get to use it properly!! very frustrating im sure !:oops: )

Buster was castrated 3 weeks ago and he fingers crossed seems to have stopped spraying and has become such a cuddler :D

So appoximately how big should I have each cage. I'm thinking to just stack them on top of eachother or if not, put them right next to each other. They both go back in their cage when they need to use the washroom or they go towards the cage and wait until I put them in, so there's no problem with them doing their business outside the cage.

How big are the rabbits?

Well, the weird thing is that when I let them run around the house, I let them out together and they don't fight at all. And when I open the cage sometimes they try going into eachothers places but mostly they just lick eachother. They are pretty big I've had them for a year, and they were maybe a couple months old when I got them.

Back