• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm giving up rescuing

Oh Tree, I'm so sorry you have come to this decision :( It's so very sad, but bright for you and your future :)

Do not feel that you have done nothing, you have done so much. Just because you cannot carry on helping, does not mean that the help you have done hasn't helped in a thousand ways :)

It's like the starfish quote someone (I forget who) has in their siggy, each one you help means so much to their life, possibly everything. Don't ruin that by thinking they don't matter because you can't help any others :)

Your are a wonderful person, I wish you all the best in anything else you decide to take up in your spare time ;)

Massive hugs xx

I couldn't sleep and have read through the comments, I don't know what to say :cry:, thank you so much it means so much to me, I honestly didn't think people would care, I am shell shocked :oops: :love:

You aren't alone Tree, I think a lot of rescuers get to the point where they "burn out" from everything that they go through. Sadly you do have to put your own health and sanity first.

Be proud of what you have done, one person can't change the world on their own but you have done a lot to change people's opinions and changed the life of all the animals that have been through your rescue - think of the starfish story.

I have huge respect for anyone who runs or has run a rescue. It's an incredible thing to have done.

Tree, I think everyone on this forum cares. I agree with what most other people have said that the rabbit rescue people deserve gold medals for the great work they do. Sorry to hear you are not so good at the moment and hope you feel better real soon :wave:

I think anyone who runs a rescue is very special, it's not something I could do, however much I love animals. The difference you have made to so many bunnies and bunny mummy and daddies' lives over the last two years is pretty amazing, but you can only do so much and when it starts affecting your life it's time to stop and think of yourself for a change.

Hope you have a good rest and are able to recharge your energies xx

Thinking of you Tree and hoping that a rest brings you peace after such a turbulent period. xxx

Just an example of two of the numerous Bunnies you have helped

tree-ralphandsparkle-1-1-2.jpg

Each and every one of them have benefitted from all your hard work.

Well done for all you have achieved :)

I couldn't sleep and have read through the comments, I don't know what to say :cry:, thank you so much it means so much to me, I honestly didn't think people would care, I am shell shocked :oops: :love:

of course we care silly! you do a great job and we all recognise it, but at the same time we know how such things can affect your personal life, and its time for some YOU time then thats okay :)

xxxxx

of course we care silly! you do a great job and we all recognise it, but at the same time we know how such things can affect your personal life, and its time for some YOU time then thats okay :)

xxxxx

agreee whole heartedly. you have done so much but you do need to take a break and enjoy your life too xxxwell done in all you have acomplished and all those you have helped and that includes those who you have had to put down as at least they got dignity in last hours...never class them as failures you helped them too xxx

Sorry you have reached the end of your tether, it is understandable though and having to deal with the loss of any animal is very draining, however don't ever blame yourself. These animals were damaged before you got them, you try to fix them, but it is not always possible, but sometimes the greatest kindness it to be able to make the choice for them. I hope you will feel better after a rest, but it is more important that you are well and healthy. You have done more than most people and should be proud of that.

:wave:How are you feeling today Tree? Nothing constructive to say really just sending a huge hug and I'm sure that whatever you decide will be the right decision at this time. And you have made such a difference to all those bunnies in the past two years.
Take care you.

Juliaxx

Awwwwwwwwww look at Ralph and Sparkle, that pic is just fab :love::love:

Thanks everyone :love:, I am doing good today, had a really nice day, we had more runs arrive (now I've given up :oops:) will take piccies in a bit and Kirsty (Chipmunk_K) came over and bought me some brill pressies, she is like the nicest person ever and we've been nattering all afternoon, so been a good day :D , I feel the happiest I've felt on about a week, which is great as I was beginning to worry about myself. Have to make up some hutches soon, got some bunsters coming in later, they were on my waiting list for ages so they need to come in.

Back