• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm giving up rescuing

so sorry to hear you are feeling this way,but as you do then i think you have made the right decision,life is too short,so be happy,good luck to you in whatever you do,
*sends a big hug*:)

I think you are doing the right think by stoping before it gets too much, alot of people would be too proud to admit that they cannot cope and in the end they, and the animals would suffer. Well done for being honest with yourself, and for the work you have done so far.

Im sorry you are feeling down Tree.

Just think of all the rabbits that, thanks to you, are healthy and have new homes.

If you need to talk, i am here xx

I think you are doing the right think by stoping before it gets too much, alot of people would be too proud to admit that they cannot cope and in the end they, and the animals would suffer. Well done for being honest with yourself, and for the work you have done so far.

Indeed...after all, who is going to rescue you at the end of it all when you have run yourself into the ground?!

I am so sorry you are hurting so much, and feeling so low, and I really hope that you can try and find a way to be proud of all you have done....and now put as much as you have put into the rescue into getting you stronger again.

((((HUGS))))

Oh Tree, you sound so low and down. Please take care of yourself.
Sending lots of love from me and the bunnies.

I stand in awe of everyone who runs a rescue. I just tickle the edges when I foster and that's hard enough. You've gone all those extra steps for the buns that have had the good fortune to be rescued, cared for and be loved by you ,so try to hold on to that thought. You've obviously not taken the decision lightly and it must be heart-rending for you, but it is the right one, Tree. Thinking of you.
Hildax

Last edited:
Hello Tree, I just popped on for my increasingly rare snoops around the forum and I'm really sorry to see this. Can't imagine how hard it is, well I can and I bet its worse. You really have to do whats best for you sometimes x

Hi, I can't add anymore than what others have said on here already. You have done a fantastic job, but you are only human and can only take so much. I know I could not do it, I take my hat off to anyone who runs a rescue and works full time.

Remember the good times, there are so many bunnies that have a lot to thank you for.

Good luck for the future, do what is right for you.

i can only echo what everyone else has said, im so sorry youre feeling the stress of it all tree

xxx

Aww, Tree I'm sorry you've had to make this decision :( I know you haven't made it lightly and I wish you all the luck in the world.

I can only echo what others have already said. Ive never met you but feel like I know you. You've given me such good advice in the past that my rabbits & myself have really benefitted from. In the end you have to do what is right for yourself which is something that we women are bad at. It sounds like you're suffering from depression & who can blame you, you've been dealing with rabbit abuse day in & day out. Ive only got 4 buns & they alone take up nearly all my time, I cant imagine how you manage to look after 30 plus buns plus hold down a full time job. Take time out for yourself & just think of all the good you've already done for the buns you've saved. I look at my Pipkin daily & wonder how someone could have just dumped her on an embankment by a busy road & left her to die, but thanks to someone like yourself she was rescued & now gives me so much pleasure & love. From me & all the buns ever rescued we say a big THANK YOU

:( I agree with Kipper. Reading about the cruelty and abuse on RR rips my heart apart and I have wondered how you and others like you can care so much and yet cope so well with the daily exposure to such cruelty. Take that well deserved break then re-assess the situation, don't rush into anything until you feel 100% sure.

I have taken in 2 rabbits and a cat, their lives are transformed. I wish I could do the same for them all and sometimes feel guilty for being selfish and not having more. What you and other rescues do has certainly not gone unappreciated by the many of us who care.

awww :( It's a shame that people's uncaring attitudes have led you to this. :( I hope you're not feeling bad though, you have done far more good already, than most people do in their life for ANY cause. Its little short of amazing that you've done it at all, I doubt many people would have the strength of character. anyway put your feet up for a bit, you deserve it. :)

oh dear, i think everyone needs a bit of them time.not selfish or uncaring, just necessary. but good job you were around so i could get those monkeys !who are today enjoying the sun and not playing make harri late for work by hiding under the shed!:lol:

oh dear, i think everyone needs a bit of them time.not selfish or uncaring, just necessary. but good job you were around so i could get those monkeys !who are today enjoying the sun and not playing make harri late for work by hiding under the shed!:lol:

Awwwwwww bless them!!!!! :love::love:

Sending you loads and loads of hugs, I 100% understand and respect your decision and think this thread highlights why people should stop breeding pets, or at least small furries as people don't give a damn about them, and the few who do are overloaded with problems other people created which is bound to get them down!

I just want to say thank you for all you have done, at least you made the lives better for animals who otherwise would have suffered, and you should be proud of what you could do, which is far more than most!

I feel for you so much Tree in different ways and different issues but it all comes to the same. Caring hearts who just cannot take any more. You have given your all and it maybe is time for you to take care of you. You are such a special person in all the work you have done which is a task not many could undertake. You have all the support from everyone here who feel so much for you. Whatever you decide you will know you are not alone and have friends who care for you and will support you and get you through this heart breaking time.

Love from Marlene

I am so sorry Tree, I totally understand. You've had it rough recently. One thing you always have to remember though is that none of this is your fault, they come to you this way, this is other peoples fault. You're just the kind hearted person that tries to sort it out xxxx

Hi Tree, I totally agree with Lucy, you are a gem ive said it before.Im so sorry you feel like this, but you do need to look after yourself.Im still coming down to meet you either way, Take care and please dont be so hard on yourself.As for other peoples comments well i suppose they know everything sitting at home judging, while your dealing with a poorly bun.Everything you do is soley for your buns and you give the buns in your care 100% care and love unconditionally, i never ever write anything negative i keep away but i will now its so blooming easy for others to pick faults, as if they know better than you and your vet.... well beleive me they bloody well dont.Take care Tree lotta love Deb.x

Back