• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm giving up rescuing

To other members please don't urge Tree to continue, it's not fair and will only add guilt into the mix, guilt she shouldn't feel. It's not her fault the world is a **** and it's not her job to put it to rights all the time.

I totally agree - no-one would make this decision lightly.

Thank you for your support it honestly does mean so much to me.

It's really hard to explain how I feel right now, but I do think everything has been a balancing very for a while. There has been so much upset recently and it's really took it's toll on me, it feels like there has been one worry after another. I love each and every bun that comes through that when things go wrong it hits me hard and I can't become detached from it. There are many highs but there is also too many lows, I feel when people ring me up to rehome their buns, I can't help myself but to sound sarcastic, some people I really want to shout at and some people I do. When I started this I had a lot of fight in me and as time as gone on, I feel it's been slowly knocked out of me and it just makes you really low. I do feel whatever I do isn't good enough and what I do doesn't even touch the sides. I do need some time to reassess everything. I have tomorrow off work so at least I can try and chill a bit, but I have some more slabs to lay so maybe not too much of a chill. I want to spend some time with Joey as well so looking forward to that.

I do think I have made the right choice for the moment maybe after a break I will think differently, but I would describe it as best as I can, I feel like I am walking down a long black tunnel and every step I take is harder because I seem to be weighted down and as I go on it's gets steeper and steeper and there doesn't seem to be any end to it.

I have more aviary's coming on the weekend, bloomin eck I pick my timing.

I am just so incredibly tired.

You have made the right decision for YOU.

Don't beat yourself up about it, you have given it your all.

You are fab Tree, you've helped many more rabbits than most people will ever do. You should be proud of yourself, even more so juggling the rescue with a full time job. Don't feel bad for giving up xx

Aww heck i not been here long so i dont no you only to what i have read n seen on here ad all i can say to you hun n all the other rescue ladies/gents you are all truly remarkable people an i commend each n every1 of you for making time in your lifes to make other peoples cruelty to these gorgeous loving bunnys and bringin a little happiness back in2 these bunnys lifes you need a gold medal all of you and this story has touched my heart as you seem such a loving caring person an you need a break hun have a well earned rest n sit n think about all those bunnys lifes you have changed for the better and get yourself well .... :)x

awww I hope you feel better soon Tree - it does feel like you are constantly being punched sometimes I know, especially if you have a tendency to beat yourself up over mistakes too like I do - I've lost 8 of my animals this past year and it knocks it out of you as you always have hindsight, which they say is a marvellous thing too late :roll: I think if I had to deal with horrible/irresponsible/plain stupid people and a full time job on top of the illnesses/deaths, well I don't know how you have managed at all :shock: There's nothing wrong with saying 'I've done my bit' and retire - you've done way more than most :)

Last edited:
Tree,

If stopping now, be it for a short while or for good is what you need to do then you should not feel guilty, without your dedication so many buns would not be here now.

Running a rescue must be soul destroying. I find it difficult enough seeing one rabbit in a bad situation so what you must go through with hundreds must be terrible.

I hope you feel better soon.

Tina X

Have just read this...

Really sorry to hear that you've come to this decision Tree, but I do understand your reasons for doing so and I think you do need to put yourself first sometimes and take a step back from things. Please try to remember all the good you've done and don't let people make you feel that you are to blame because you can't save them all, nobody can.

Roo
x

Last edited:
Just read this.

Really sorry to hear that you've come to this decision Tree, but I do understand your reasons for doing so and I think you do need to put yourself first sometimes and take a step back from things. Please try to remember all the good you've done and don't let people make you feel that you are to blame because you can't save them all, nobody can.

Roo
x
Agree, just think of all those buns lives you've made the world of a difference to :)

So sorry to hear this, and sorry that you are feeling you've reached the end of your tether :(

I couldn't run a rescue and have the utmost admiration for anyone who does. It must be absolutely soul-destroying and a drain on all aspects of your life.

Don't feel guilty; as others have said, you've done more for rabbits than most others will ever do.

I hope you begin to feel better soon x

I dont think you are to blame for anything and dont treat yourself that way. Unfortunately we all have our time to go, humans or our lil pals :(:(

You do fantastic things and we are blessed by people like you, if you have had enough or need time out though then just do it. Go with your gut feeling love.

xxx

:wave: Tree, I've had the pleasure of meeting you in person and know what an amazing person you really are (now where's the £100 you promised me for saying that :lol: ).

Seriously mate, please don't beat yourself up, you've done much more to help rabbits than the majority of people and burn out from dealing with the idiotic public is sadly inevitable.

You've lasted about 23 months longer than I would have done.

Tree you do SO much for the rabbit world. It will be lost without you BUT remember all the ones you have helped.

Keep smiling x

Tree I am so sorry that you have to make this decision. You have helped so many rabbits over the years, and you should be very very proud of yourself. We are all behind you, whatever your decision is. xxxx

Awww Tree, I don't know how you guys do it in the first place and the buns that you have saved and loved and cared for were so lucky to have you, as you did/do everything you can for them, you go above and beyond.

I hope soon you can start to feel better about the good that you have done and start to enjoy having time to yourself again xxxx

It's so gutting that you can do something with so much love that extends so much nurture and care and investment and passion only to have that knocked out of you by people who really ought to know better than to treat animals and you the way they have. I'm so sorry that Underhill is closing as a result.

You've done something for the last 2 years that hardly anyone else would take on and do. You have made an astounding contribution to Rabbits and new owners who would not otherwise have met. You have given everything and have done an amazing thing. You should be applauded and be proud of yourself. I have a huge amount of respect for you, as I'm sure everyone here does, and you deserve a rest, at least, really :wave:

OOOHHH :(
sorry you are feeling so bad ...

we are only human and we can only take so much ....as im sure you know i recently made a bad decidion that i would give the world to reverse ...:(

i have been near to the decision you have made several times ..

hugs ... Angie x

Back