• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need vibes please- Update with pictures pg 5

Oh Rach I'm so sorry, poor Bungle - sending him lots of vibes to be ok & back with you soon.

Accidents happen hun, so please, please don't blame yourself or ever think they would be better off without you, as that is just not true. You're a great bunny mummy, take care (((hugs))) xxx

Accidents happen hun, so please, please don't blame yourself or ever think they would be better off without you, as that is just not true. You're a great bunny mummy, take care (((hugs))) xxx

I agree with the above.
I'm glad that Bungle has come round OK.:D

Have picked Bungle up and have him home with me now. He hasnt eaten yet but have given him a bit of grated carrot and will give him some recovery later. He cant have any hard foods for a few days incase it pulls his mouth apart. He is sat looking very sorry for himself. I really feel for the poor little guy.

Poor little chap. I am glad he's home where he belongs, dont cut yourself up, you really love your buns and you take really good care of them, your having a stressful time of it but you are not doing anythig wrong

Oh Rach, I have only just seen this. :(

I'm so glad Bungle is home. Sending him lots of get well vibes.
Sending a big hug for you too.

How long should I leave him before I syringe feed him? He came round at 6pm and hasnt eaten anything yet. His mouth is obviously going to be sore so he will find it difficult to eat anyways. Should I make him recovery in a bowl and see if he will eat it himself? What time should I try and syringe him?

I might have to go out for a few hours in a bit to relieve my Gran from babysitting so my OH will stay with him.

I would start syringe feeding him. Has he drunk any water? I'm just concerned that he may get dehydrated.

I would start syringe feeding him. Has he drunk any water? I'm just concerned that he may get dehydrated.

No he hasnt eaten or drunk anything at the minute. I will syringe feed him in a minute with some recovery and a bit of cooled water. He is more alert now and is hopping about. He still seems a little wobbly, he keeps periscoping but falling over!

Will get up in the night to check him and feed him again if he doesnt do it himself.

He is refusing to eat anything other than fenugreek crunchies at the minute! Which must be really painful for him to eat with his poorly mouth! I have tried him with recovery feed, mashed up pellets and carrot and he doesnt want any.

Hia, hope he has pcked up and has eaten something by now, if he love the cookies, how about mashing them with a bit of warm water to see if he will eat them when they are a bit softer
Thinking of you

Update this morning-

Bungle is still feeling rather sorry for himself. He will be having his metacam in a min which will hopefully pick him up a bit.

He has eaten his pellets overnight and some carrot and done some poos. He has played about with some hay but cant tell whether he has actually eaten any!

I dont know why he wants to eat the hard stuff! I mashed some pellets up with warm water and he wouldnt touch it yet has eaten them hard!

I dont know why he wants to eat the hard stuff! I mashed some pellets up with warm water and he wouldnt touch it yet has eaten them hard!

I can understand that! My 14th birthday I had 3 teeth out, so my mum went ahead and made my fave spag bol, but put it through the food processor so it was puree...it was minging!!

Sounds like he's doing ok, glad to hear it :love:

Bungle seems much brighter now. He has eaten some veg but again is chosing the hard stalky part of the greens instead of the nice soft grated carrot and parsley!

He has been sneezing just now so I think the stiches might be tickling his nose a little.

He is being such a brave little guy. I will take some piccies of his nose later to show you how sore he must be.

Back