• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I just cannot do rainbow bridge

I do post in RB but sometimes I go in and have to come out and wait a few days to find the strength to go back in.

I just cannot do one for Nancy and Sunshine, it feels so final. When I see photos of them on my camera or in photobucket and can't look for long, I have to move on to something else.

Haven't even taken my cats ashes out of the presentation bag, let alone the box. That was 2 years ago. Still have 3 sets of ashes hidden in the corner of the wardrobe.

I totally understand Karen.

But look at it from another point of view, I have put Maisie in there, to us she was so very special and we loved her immensley, we are hurting so much now that she is gone, our hearts are broken, the tears are falling, can you imagine our pain, we need comfort and reassurance at this time and yet people won't post in there because it upsets them and to us it looks like people just don't care and worse still they don't care about our bunnies and that hurts all the more.

But look at it from another point of view, I have put Maisie in there, to us she was so very special and we loved her immensley, we are hurting so much now that she is gone, our hearts are broken, the tears are falling, can you imagine our pain, we need comfort and reassurance at this time and yet people won't post in there because it upsets them and to us it looks like people just don't care and worse still they don't care about our bunnies and that hurts all the more.

I do. I just can't do a rainbow bridge for my bridge bunnies. Sometimes I cry so much reading the stories of loved bunnies or other pets. I reply because I know how hard it is. I am so sorry you are heartbroken. So sorry you lost Maisie. xxx

I do. I just can't do a rainbow bridge for my bridge bunnies. Sometimes I cry so much reading the stories of loved bunnies or other pets. I reply because I know how hard it is. I am so sorry you are heartbroken. So sorry you lost Maisie. xxx

Yes, I know you do but there are others that won't go in there because they can't cope with it, what about those of us who have to cope with it and need some support, I thought that was what this forum was about, pulling together and supporting people when times are hard, seems not.....

I am not having a go at anyone but just putting the view from the other side :wave:

Everyone who owns pets have to cope with loosing them in real life at some point. I don't think its fair to make people feel bad because they can't deal with the death of other people's pets on top of their own. I don't post my own bunnies in RB because it is too emotional for me so also can't read others people's emotional tributes. But if a bunny passes in Rabbit Chat and I am about I will post on there as it is more "fact based" thread for want of a better word :?

There are regular threads about who should be posting where, eg we should all post more in health or comment more on people's pictures. But not everyone wants to look at everything or have opinions on everything, doesn't mean we don't care or are not contributing. It would be a dull forum if we all posted on the same thing.:)

Barn Yard Bunnies, I am sorry you don't feel able to post a tribute in RB at the moment :( Maybe in time you will feel up to it, maybe you wont. Doesn't mean you love them any less xx

Everyone who owns pets have to cope with loosing them in real life at some point. I don't think its fair to make people feel bad because they can't deal with the death of other people's pets on top of their own. I don't post my own bunnies in RB because it is too emotional for me so also can't read others people's emotional tributes. But if a bunny passes in Rabbit Chat and I am about I will post on there as it is more "fact based" thread for want of a better word :?

There are regular threads about who should be posting where, eg we should all post more in health or comment more on people's pictures. But not everyone wants to look at everything or have opinions on everything, doesn't mean we don't care or are not contributing. It would be a dull forum if we all posted on the same thing.:)

Barn Yard Bunnies, I am sorry you don't feel able to post a tribute in RB at the moment :( Maybe in time you will feel up to it, maybe you wont. Doesn't mean you love them any less xx

This :thumb:

This is said much better than how I tried to say it :thumb:

I dont think anyone is trying to guilt trip people. If some cannot post in Rainbow Bridge for whatever reason then that is entirely their prerogative :)

I just stated that I do post their and the reason why :)

I don't ever visit RB for the reasons that many have stated. I don't post there about my own pets as I feel as though I need to keep my grief to myself and only really ask for help from close friends and family who understand how I feel. I can't imagine not having these people to lean on and can well understand why people would use RB not just for that reason but for others too.

Having gone through the loss of a dear pet so many times myself I understand how devastating it is and feel as though I can't really say anything that'd be in any way adequate and I'm not one to simply post a "smilie" for any reason never mind on a thread as sensitive as that.

Although I can't post a thread in Rainbow Bridge myself at the moment I do try and visit and offer my support when I feel I can do so. If I've had a rough day at work and/or my depression is particularly bad then I don't go onto the RB thread.

Hopefully, we won't all have our 'fragile' days at the same time so people who have lost beloved pets will get support - and we can all keep ourselves safe too.

Would anyone be interested in having a Candle Ceremony? I would be happy to co-ordinate one if there was interest and no-one else wanted to do it.

Although I can't post a thread in Rainbow Bridge myself at the moment I do try and visit and offer my support when I feel I can do so. If I've had a rough day at work and/or my depression is particularly bad then I don't go onto the RB thread.

Hopefully, we won't all have our 'fragile' days at the same time so people who have lost beloved pets will get support - and we can all keep ourselves safe too.

Would anyone be interested in having a Candle Ceremony? I would be happy to co-ordinate one if there was interest and no-one else wanted to do it.

That sounds like a really lovely idea.

I dont think anyone is trying to guilt trip people. If some cannot post in Rainbow Bridge for whatever reason then that is entirely their prerogative :)

I just stated that I do post their and the reason why :)

Thank you Jane:thumb:

Its not just bunnies that get written about on there.
I have written about "lost to heaven" cats and ferrets and other peoples pets, particularly if I shared the happiness that the pet brought along with the friendship.
Some of the tributes have had me in floods,sobbing.The knowledge about the bunny and the illness or the sudden loss or just the skill of the author....the song...so many factors can decide for me how Im going to react.
I do read RB,I dont often say alot.But it brings home to me also,the very fact, that one day I will be writing about one of my pets.

I do agree with this. I think with something like death people give what they can, and if they can't, that's ok.

If someone is grieving it can be difficult to be rational but it is important to take that step back and realise there are a wide variety of reasons why people may not reply, most of them not relating to the post, but to the person trying to reply. Also, what truly matters at the end of the day is how YOU feel about your animal and how much you loved them, and that's the most important thing.

(this theory applies to anything on here, like, for example, yesterday I posted about Autumn being ill and Gray posted about Ginger being ill and Ginger has 10 pages of replies, and Autum had two, most of whom was Gray :lol: but really, what other people say or don't say, doesn't matter (or shouldn't matter), it's what I feel for Autumn that matters, not whether other people cared enough to reply, and this also applies to threads in other circumstances asking for vibes and suchlike too). I guess i just think people should appreciate what they do get, not analyse what they don't get.

Really, I think, we need to take responsibility for ourselves and always work on being mindful :)

Last edited:
I do agree with this. I think with something like death people give what they can, and if they can't, that's ok.

If someone is grieving it can be difficult to be rational but it is important to take that step back and realise there are a wide variety of reasons why people may not reply, most of them not relating to the post, but to the person trying to reply. Also, what truly matters at the end of the day is how YOU feel about your animal and how much you loved them, and that's the most important thing.

(this theory applies to anything on here, like, for example, yesterday I posted about Autumn being ill and Gray posted about Ginger being ill and Ginger has 10 pages of replies, and Autum had two, most of whom was Gray :lol: but really, what other people say or don't say, doesn't matter (or shouldn't matter), it's what I feel for Autumn that matters, not whether other people cared enough to reply, and this also applies to threads in other circumstances asking for vibes and suchlike too). I guess i just think people should appreciate what they do get, not analyse what they don't get.

Really, I think, we need to take responsibility for ourselves and always work on being mindful :)

Oh Sky-O I must have missed Autumn being ill :(

I think it's a very personal thing. Many people get comfort from posting a tribute in Rainbow Bridge, and I know it's helped me a lot to know that there are people who understand what I'm going through after the loss of a much-loved pet. I can also appreciate that, for some members, it's too upsetting to read and post in there though.

Rhianna, I believe webble has already mentioned starting up the Candle Ceremony again. :)

I just have to do Rainbow bridge when one of my pets die, its just dosent feel right if i dont. I feel like i have set them on their journey once i have posted:oops: plus its the only place i can come where people do take it seriously, my friends/work colleagues just dont get it, they say things like 'just buy another one' :roll:

this year seems to have been the worst, i don;t know why but every year it seems we lose more of our cherished buns off RU, but this year it
seems alot of young buns too :cry:

cas

Back