• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I did it! I caught the stray bunny!! u/d - pics page 4.

What a lovely story. I guess that even if it does belong to someone, it is safer and better looked after with you rather than getting eaten by a fox! Well done.:D

great news i will advise quarrentine it from your others for a month or so with it been out for so long it may have picked up anything including myxi , vhd and other nasties
wash hands etc after handling it and before going to your own ;)

It's gonna be an indoor bunny over winter and until spring and so it kept away from my five who are all spending their winter in the garage. :) I'm hoping to take him/her to the vets in a few days for a general check and to enquire over vaccinations for it, etc. supposing nobody is looking for it. I've got an old hoodie that it seems to like so I'll be slipping that over whatever I'm wearing when it comes to handling him/her and will take care to wash my hands. ^_^

way to go for you:wave::wave:

i know its upsetting when theyre so tame...but then again it maybe like some rescue buns do...so glad of food drink warmth love..that they become very tame very quick to make you love em more. then again there are rescue buns like bif!:oops::lol:

beautiful bunster:love:

It honestly comes on in leaps and bounds (how bunny like!) and adapts so, so quickly. I thought it might be very unsettled at going from basically free ranging outdoors and existing on grass - and lettuce that people were throwing for it, ick - to being in a cage indoors, around people. Last night I actually slept! And so did the bunny. :) Somehow it knows how to use the litter tray all by itself, which is good because it'll make keeping any smell in my bedroom to a minimum. This morning it is showing cheeky behaviour! He or she keeps tipping the box over and seems to adore all the hay.

I've not really had a chance to handle the bunny much as yesterday I just wanted to pop him/her into the puppy crate and leave it to settle. This evening I'm going to give it free range of the hallway (along with the little cardboard box) whilst I neaten up the puppy crate and change the megazorb. Hopefully I'll be able to have a go at sexing it. :roll: All this it/she/he typing and saying is doing my head in.

Back