• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I did it! I caught the stray bunny!! u/d - pics page 4.

Little bunny is hiding in his/her box and I keep catching it flopped out and napping. :love: And they are definitely eating~! Just gotta watch for poops.

Little bunny has eaten a handful of pellets, two handfuls of grass, a quarter of an apple and has tossed a toilet tube of hay around so I'm hoping he/she has eaten some of that, too. It has also left the shelter of the box I put in to skip over and actually use the litter tray...! :shock: One little wee and lots and lots of little poops. They're not normal poops, but those little, dark, hard ones. :? Then again, it's had a rather strange day and there were a lot of them and I suppose it's better than nothing...! With all this eating I'm hoping that guts are moving normally and when this food works its way through poops shall look normal.

It's having lots of little naps. :love: And now comes scampering to see me incase I have food, which is lovely. The box is definitely the safest place to be, though he/she is showing interest in wanting to come out and explore my room.

I tried to take a picture before - when it'd hardly leave the box - and though you can see there's a bunny in there, it doesn't do the rabbit justice! Now it comes out much further I was going to take more but the lighting is wrong and the camera tries to use a flash so I don't want to half blind the little pipsqueaky thing tonight. I shall take pictures tomorrow, or perhaps later with the light on in my room.

well done you!....I bet you skipped all the way home:D ....so now you need a name for 'it' :lol::lol:....rascal sounds good :lol::lol: hmm.ralph, homer, for boy...betsy, jasmine, layla for a girl :D

Eeee, I went upstairs just then and thought he/she might be more active now as I always went to visit and feed it through the railings at around 4pm. And it was sat out in its litter tray and was eating a little leaf of basil from my hand. :love: And then hay and grass. The poops are getting bigger and more 'normal' looking.

If it is a boy I might call him Jack, after the lady who helped us today grandson. Then he can be little Jack Frost - wintry theme! If it is a girl I'll definitely need help. :oops: My mind goes absolutely blank..! It's such a cute, cute little poppet!

Aww:love: How exciting! Almost makes it sadder that he/she seems tame though:(

One very lucky bun:) I think the name should be something christmassy.
Mistletoe or Baileys!

My cousin found a stray bunny and called her Roama, because she was roaming around on the streets.

How'd you know it's a stray?

Congrats on catching it :D

He or she had been living in a row of eight gardens - they're separated by hedges so it could run through them all - on the edge of a park for two weeks. It's fairly out of the way, and everyone living there said it had just appeared one day and assumed someone had either left it in the park (that the gardens backed onto) or pushed it under the gate and into the gardens. No one else has shown any interest in catching it during that time.

I'm making notes of all these names~! :lol:

Well Done!!

I like the idea of Jack Frost for a boy. How about Ivy if it's a girl? What colour is he/she? Can't wait for piccietures! :D

Oooh. Ivy's a possibility!

I'm going to go see if I can take some pictures in a moment. ^_^ He/she is a very strange colour. Sort of grey/brown, but... darker. :lol: And has mistmatched dutch markings. I'll go see what I can do with this camera!

He or she had been living in a row of eight gardens - they're separated by hedges so it could run through them all - on the edge of a park for two weeks. It's fairly out of the way, and everyone living there said it had just appeared one day and assumed someone had either left it in the park (that the gardens backed onto) or pushed it under the gate and into the gardens. No one else has shown any interest in catching it during that time.

I'm making notes of all these names~! :lol:

fair enough but i would stil lring the local rescues and vets to give a description of the bun in case someoen is missing and desperatly looking for it it oculd have escaped from further away and been travelling fora day or two you see... ring around local vets within about 30m in drive just to be sure and check on the lost ads online. i know its prob most likely a dumped bun but you can never know someone somewhere is looking after my secapee snowy bunny who i never got back she was never handed in though i dont ever give up hope i am prehaps more aware of the need to contact variosu people to try and locate an owner x

I'll have to notify the vets anyway because I want them to look the bunny over, but I'd be surprised if I'm taking someone's owned pet. These gardens are really quite isolated and I'm not even sure in what direction the bunny would have to have ventured to get there. There's been no signs up in the area, at the vets or anything I've seen on any sites local to the area that I check. I will however check, as requested.

Some not very good pictures...

Took this one earlier today, in daylight... At this point it was eager to stay in the box but would peek out at me.

LittleBunny2.jpg

And now it keeps skipping around eating all the hay. ^_^ Not brilliant but it gives some idea of how it looks.

LittleBunny.jpg

Back