• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new shed <3! U/D they moved in today (page 4)

Looks great, well done! I bet you're looking forward to when it's all finished. Mine doesn't look as nice as yours but then I'm only restoring an old shed! I've done the staining and repaired the roof and stapled some insulation to the ceiling.

God I am so looking forward to it being done! I'm moving the buns on Wednesday so it's getting a bit urgent :shock:!

It's looking great! :wave: xx

Bet you can't wait for it to be finished - remember doing ours last year and it seemed to take aaagggess lol. My two use their Runaround Tube just fine and they learned how to use it straight away so here's hoping your two will too lol.

It's looking great! :wave: xx

Bet you can't wait for it to be finished - remember doing ours last year and it seemed to take aaagggess lol. My two use their Runaround Tube just fine and they learned how to use it straight away so here's hoping your two will too lol.

Indeed, who knew something so simple could take so long? Everything seems to have a problem with fitting correctly! So time consuming :roll:!

I'm moving the buns this wednesday and leaving them in their shed until saturday/sunday when I move home. That's when I'll attach the tube and let them into the run, so I bet they'll be eager to come out :lol:!

I know they both fit fine, as I tried them with a sample piece. Hopefully they remember what to do :shock:

So pleased you're done! I wish mine was! I have so little time, I think it's going to be July by the time I'm done. I've collected the aviary panels which turned out a 50 minute drive one way, and managed to scrounge a piece of pipe from a building site. But in terms of the actual fixing/screwing etc I haven't progressed at all for about 8 days.

I'm wondering if I need to stain the aviary panels?
The chap I bought them from said I didn't need to as they were heat-treated, or something like that. But he hasn't got his run on grass, where the wood's going to be wet a lot of the time.

I could really do with cutting down on the number of jobs I still need to do to get it done, but then I still want to do it well and don't want it to fall down.

I still haven't got rid of a huge big tree trunk which is in the way of one of the side panels of the run. I was going to cut the panel rather than the run, but now I'm worried the fox might be able to get in if I just staple the wire to the tree trunk where the aviary panel has been cut.

So pleased you're done! I wish mine was! I have so little time, I think it's going to be July by the time I'm done. I've collected the aviary panels which turned out a 50 minute drive one way, and managed to scrounge a piece of pipe from a building site. But in terms of the actual fixing/screwing etc I haven't progressed at all for about 8 days.

I'm wondering if I need to stain the aviary panels?
The chap I bought them from said I didn't need to as they were heat-treated, or something like that. But he hasn't got his run on grass, where the wood's going to be wet a lot of the time.

I could really do with cutting down on the number of jobs I still need to do to get it done, but then I still want to do it well and don't want it to fall down.

I still haven't got rid of a huge big tree trunk which is in the way of one of the side panels of the run. I was going to cut the panel rather than the run, but now I'm worried the fox might be able to get in if I just staple the wire to the tree trunk where the aviary panel has been cut.

I'd assume the aviary panels would be okay without treating but I personally wouldn't want to risk it. It dries very quickly though, so it's something you could do after the buns are in (just lock them in their shed for a few hours). Or, it's a nice therapeutic job so you could always invite a friend over or get any nephews/nieces etc to do it! Definitely easy for some kids!

That tree trunk sounds very annoying :( I'd get rid of the trunk myself, because if you want to move the aviary panel or something you have a bit of a problem. Have you thought about asking on freecycle or in the paper for someone with a chainsaw to come and cut it down? I'm sure there are plenty of retired people who will be happy to help! Same with the aviary panels, you could bribe some children :roll:! Offer them a fiver to do it all and they'll be chuffed to bits :lol:!

So pleased you're done!

Also, I'm not QUITE done! After I left my moms my stepdad did the skirting board and sealed around it, and fixed metal batons to the space around the runaround fixture to stop them nibbling!

Buns are moving in tomorrow and I have to fix their water bottle holder up. Things left to do still are: fix a pole for me to hang my cleaning stuff from, fix a couple of extra bolts to the run to secure it, fix the lock to the front of the shed, mesh the bottom of the run and create the opening window. But those are things that will have to wait, as all these bank holidays have messed with my stepdads working days so it's been a real struggle to fit everything in. I'll have to put the buns in their run one day while we do the rest of the work.

Oh extra things I want to do are: stain the entire inside of the shed to make it match the outside (IT'S IMPORTANT THAT IT'S PRETTY :evil:), do some pretty painting (IMPORTANT :evil:), make a cover for the run from corrugated plastic and create a diggybox :)

Buns aren't coming out into their run until the bottom is meshed, and that won't be until saturday/sunday/monday :) Poor buns won't get any free time from thursday until sunday, but I'm afraid they'll just have to live with it! I want to be there the first time they use their runaround and I'm not moving back until saturday :)

Okay so they're in :) they spent a few hours in there and didn't discover the shelf, so I plopped Nenä up there followed swiftly by a nosey Täplä :)

Quick pic, mid pee :roll::

P1600_25-05-11.jpg

Video (ignore the voice :lol:):

^CLICKY FOR VIDEO^

Aww lovely video and beautiful bunnies. Like your voice too.

Your smokey white and grey bunnies looks alot like my Cutie-pie.

Awh thanks :love: I do think they're rather beautiful too! Although they need their claws cutting as you can hear from the little pitter patter :lol::lol:!

Cutiepie sounds cute if she looks like my gorgeous floofer :love:!

My voice is pretty 'special' in that video, even my ex of 2 years can't figure out wth I'm saying :lol:! I'm basically asking them if they've been on their shelf yet :lol:!

I'll take a better video tomorrow showing the inside and outside and all the modifcations etc :) Might also connect their runaround to their run tomorrow... I'm a bit undecided as the run isn't meshed on the bottom yet...

EDIT: When I went in for a goodnight kiss (whaaaaaat:oops:), they were both still on the shelf. I wondered if they'd figured out how to get down, but they soon jumped down when they realised I had parsnip in hand :shock:

Awh thanks :love: I do think they're rather beautiful too! Although they need their claws cutting as you can hear from the little pitter patter :lol::lol:!

My voice is pretty 'special' in that video, even my ex of 2 years can't figure out wth I'm saying :lol:! I'm basically asking them if they've been on their shelf yet :lol:!

I'll take a better video tomorrow showing the inside and outside and all the modifcations etc :) Might also connect their runaround to their run tomorrow... I'm a bit undecided as the run isn't meshed on the bottom yet...

EDIT: When I went in for a goodnight kiss (whaaaaaat:oops:), they were both still on the shelf. I wondered if they'd figured out how to get down, but they soon jumped down when they realised I had parsnip in hand :shock:

It looks great

I have not tried parsnip.

Your set is fab.

Cutie-pie is very cute, but still quite aloof but she is getting better.

Looks great!!!! I might copy your idea with the little tables. And thanks for the advice, too.

Looks great!!!! I might copy your idea with the little tables. And thanks for the advice, too.

Yeah the tables are fab :love: means you can sit on the shelf too which is nice!

I'm currently sat in the shed with them. Got a bit of drama going on though - the window doesnt have a seal on the bottom so all the rain from the torrential downpours is going down the window into where the insulation is, and soaking through the plywood ><!!!!! argh! please stop raining so I can seal you up! I'm stuffing teatowels in it at the moment :(

Back