• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't forget about a rabbit! :( U/D P.51 Bad news again

I find it a bit upsetting that fear of a reaction on here would stop you doing something you want to do. If you personally don't have an issue with it then it's your choice. Whilst this is a pro-rescue forum I don't think you should be criticised for getting a non-rescue bunny that you have fallen in love with.
So do I. It's fine for re-homing to be the recommended course of action when someone needs a new furry bum in their life but non-rescue bunnies exist and deserve loving, knowledgeable homes too - first-time, forever homes.

So sorry they said they would try and then went back on it, it's not fair letting you think for all those weeks that Blue could be yours if it worked out then someone else saying not.:( The timing of it is awful too.

I suspect part of what makes you care so much what other people would think if you got a rabbit from a breeder is that you actually agree with them so it would be your own conscience making you feel bad as much as what other people say - they would just be echoing what you were already thinking. I proper fell for a young rabbit (that I didn't meet) that I saw on Preloved but he was 'out of bounds' as being sold by a breeder, broke my heart to think where he would end up, he was the most perfectly marked (brindle) harlequin lop. There's nothing more rewarding though than giving a rabbit a second chance and turning their lives around - I think that's why you were strong, not because of what other people think but because it was against your own conscience too. There's a rabbit out there somewhere that needs extra special care waiting to find their way to you.

I could but how much hate will I get if I get that bunny? :cry: Lots because everyone here is against breeding and me too. I hate the thought of buying from one but when you've bonded with a rabbit, it's hard to let them go. I let him go to save Blue but now I can't even get Blue. :cry:

Don't worry about what other people think and do what is right for you.
You know you can guarantee the baby bun a great home, so GO FOR IT.
If anyone gives you grief, send 'em my way! :lol:

I find it a bit upsetting that fear of a reaction on here would stop you doing something you want to do. If you personally don't have an issue with it then it's your choice. Whilst this is a pro-rescue forum I don't think you should be criticised for getting a non-rescue bunny that you have fallen in love with. It isn't as if you are going to P@H every week and buying a bunny.
If you felt the need to ease your conscience you could always donate to a rescue or maybe sponsor a bun (Rainbow Rabbits do sponsorship) at the same time.

:thumb: I agree with this

I too agree it is not just what others would think..it is your own feelings about buying pets.
As for saving him from being " bred over and over "..the does suffer with this, back to back pregnancies etc..the bucks tend not to suffer from impregnating a few does. ( and before I'm jumped on I know the conditions could be bad and also they can get sore penis from being left in with does constantly..but usually it is the females that suffer more )
if it's a little boy you are after..we have 3 young lads, neutered 2 days ago who need homes

the whisky boys..
here is Johnnie Walker :love:

JohnnieWalker.jpg

his 2 brothers have dark noses

and i'm sure other rescues have so many in need

I have three of the other baby's from the litter Jill has..... They are gorgeous and although they are still all a little timid they are coming around really nicely :D

Back