• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't forget about a rabbit! :( U/D P.51 Bad news again

Thanks everyone :D Yeah I hope they will accept him! I'm pretty confident Hector will as he's loved every bunny he's met. :lol: :love: Tink usually bonds with boy buns easily (just females she hates) whether this boy will be an exception I don't know so finger's crossed she will like him! :)

Yeah, if he's happy for their company it sounds like they would be very likely to accept him.

great news emma thanks for updating us :love:
i hope hes still there and joins the gang he should be so fingers crossed :lol::thumb:
and well done for voluteering :thumb: i love to but im a bit far out and my nearest rescue is about a hour away :lol:
if i ever do get another pet tho im definently going to rescue :thumb:

Last edited:
Yay!! :wave::thumb: That's great news!! I do seriously and genuinely think it's meant to be, having read your story about it all! :love::thumb:

I'm so upset. :cry: Yesterday I went to an agricultural show and fell in love with a baby tri dutch bunny. He was on the handling table which had no control, poor buns were being picked up by children and some even got dropped on the floor. Me and wally4eva picked up as many as possible and sat with them in a quiet area so they didn't get scared. One of the baby dutch snuggled up into my arms and I just didn't want to let go of him. Later on I saw him again and had another cuddle with him and then he started licking my hand. :love: He was beautiful and it was like we'd bonded. :love: My mum loved him too and would have let me take him but I didn't want to give money to a breeder and I didn't want to let a certain rescue bunny down, Blue. As you know, when I met Blue at the open day we explained our situation and how my female wont accept other females and the rescue said they would be happy to trial a two boy, one female trio with my buns! I was so happy but had to wait 5 weeks until after my holiday. So yesterday I had to be really strong to not take home that dutch bun. Even my male bun Hector liked him. I knew because my buns were doing rabbit jumping at the show to promote rabbit exercise (completely separate to the breeding) and Hector was snuggling up to the baby when I went to see if they'd get along. (I shouldn't have I know but I was very careful!) It was so hard leaving him but my mum promised me we would go and see about adopting Blue today.

Just got back from the rescue and I'm heartbroken. They have now said that they wont try one of their boys with my pair because they are worried they will fight. They wont even trial it even though they told me at the open day they would. Now I'm devastated that I didn't rescue the baby bun yesterday. He will get snapped up in no time because of how gorgeous he is but he will probably end up with an AWFUL home , all lonely and no space. I regret not taking him home. I know it would have paid the breeder to breed more but someone will def buy that baby anyway no matter the outcome. So now he probably wont get a good home. I've lost him and I've lost Blue too. :cry: Another reason I didn't want to get the baby is because I didn't want you all to hate me. It is really hard letting go of a bun you love though, especially when you know their future is probably going to be bad.

Last edited:
Can you not find out who the breeder was and contact them about the bunny yesterday?

I could but how much hate will I get if I get that bunny? :cry: Lots because everyone here is against breeding and me too. I hate the thought of buying from one but when you've bonded with a rabbit, it's hard to let them go. I let him go to save Blue but now I can't even get Blue. :cry:

If you wanted to get the baby that badly, why didn't you just get it and not post on here about it?

It's not mandatory! ;)

If you wanted to get the baby that badly, why didn't you just get it and not post on here about it?

It's not mandatory! ;)

Because I was hoping to get rescue bunny Blue instead. But if I did get the little baby, then im sure photos would have popped up on here and then the questions would start. :roll: xx

You are anti breeders..so as cute as the little one was try to forget him
Sorry the rescue messed you about with Blue but many rescues will bond trios and with so ,many rabbits in rescue I'm sure you wil find lots that you fall for
Try another rescue and browse Rabbit Rehome :D

You are anti breeders..so as cute as the little one was try to forget him
Sorry the rescue messed you about with Blue but many rescues will bond trios and with so ,many rabbits in rescue I'm sure you wil find lots that you fall for
Try another rescue and browse Rabbit Rehome :D

It's just hard to think about where he could end up knowing I could have stopped him going to a bad home and being bred from over and over again etc.

Thanks, I might have a look. It's not like I was really looking for another bunny though, there were certain reasons I wanted Blue as mentioned in this thread and then that little baby too. To be honest I didn't like him anymore than the others at first even if most people thought he was one of the cutest. It was just when he started licking me and snuggling into my arms that I was like oh my goodness I want him. Ahh it was heartbreaking! x

Because I was hoping to get rescue bunny Blue instead. But if I did get the little baby, then im sure photos would have popped up on here and then the questions would start. :roll: xx

I find it a bit upsetting that fear of a reaction on here would stop you doing something you want to do. If you personally don't have an issue with it then it's your choice. Whilst this is a pro-rescue forum I don't think you should be criticised for getting a non-rescue bunny that you have fallen in love with. It isn't as if you are going to P@H every week and buying a bunny.
If you felt the need to ease your conscience you could always donate to a rescue or maybe sponsor a bun (Rainbow Rabbits do sponsorship) at the same time.

I find it a bit upsetting that fear of a reaction on here would stop you doing something you want to do. If you personally don't have an issue with it then it's your choice. Whilst this is a pro-rescue forum I don't think you should be criticised for getting a non-rescue bunny that you have fallen in love with. It isn't as if you are going to P@H every week and buying a bunny.
If you felt the need to ease your conscience you could always donate to a rescue or maybe sponsor a bun (Rainbow Rabbits do sponsorship) at the same time.

That is a good couple of points

Back