• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't forget about a rabbit! :( U/D P.51 Bad news again

To adopt this bun, bond him with the others and ring up the boarding place to say it's 3 rabbits again now would feel so wrong. It would seem like one bun's gone so here's another one. I could never do that to my Mischief. He was too special.
I think I'm older than most of you on here. Over 30 years, I've had 6 dogs (1 at the moment), 9 cats (five at the moment) and currently 2 wabbits. All have been quite distinct individuals and not one of them ever "replaced" another. They're all furry people in their own right and they are loved for their own ways and characteristics. I have never "replaced" one animal with another - t's not what we as pet owners do, is it? We are just driven to find another cat, dog, rabbit, whatever, because we want another little character to get to know and love.

If you don't want to get another bun until after your hols, that's probably fine and sensible. But don't stop yourself because you feel guilty for wanting this bun. We don't ever need to feel guilty about wanting to love and care for another furry little face.

Guess it's not meant to be. :( I asked the rescue on facebook if they would consider him living in a trio with my pair. They said only if it was 2 girls. I'm so angry and upset that they aren't willing to try a trio with 2 boys. It's my girl that fights, my boy is lovely! I can never adopt another female as 2 girls doesn't work for me!

Guess it's not meant to be. :( I asked the rescue on facebook if they would consider him living in a trio with my pair. They said only if it was 2 girls. I'm so angry and upset that they aren't willing to try a trio with 2 boys. It's my girl that fights, my boy is lovely! I can never adopt another female as 2 girls doesn't work for me!

Aww, that's sad.:( Hector looks like such a gentleman!:love:
Personally, I don't think whether they are male or female really makes much difference (as long as they are neutered). I've found the girls being the most trouble, but then I've read about other people finding the boys most trouble when bonding, I think it really comes down to each individual bunny, and you'd of thought they'd at least be willing to try though, it'll mean one less bunny looking for a home.:(
Did they say why not? Or just that they wouldn't?:(

Aww, that's sad.:( Hector looks like such a gentleman!:love:
Personally, I don't think whether they are male or female really makes much difference (as long as they are neutered). I've found the girls being the most trouble, but then I've read about other people finding the boys most trouble when bonding, I think it really comes down to each individual bunny, and you'd of thought they'd at least be willing to try though, it'll mean one less bunny looking for a home.:(
Did they say why not? Or just that they wouldn't?:(

:( This was their reply:

Hi Emma, if we were to try that it would have to be with 2 other females, there is a good chance that the males will fight and this will upset your bonded pair. Your accommodation sounds lovely though.

It was on facebook though, maybe if we were to visit the centre and talk we could persuade them to try it. :? Personally it is not a good chance that they will fight. :roll:

I think I'm older than most of you on here. Over 30 years, I've had 6 dogs (1 at the moment), 9 cats (five at the moment) and currently 2 wabbits. All have been quite distinct individuals and not one of them ever "replaced" another. They're all furry people in their own right and they are loved for their own ways and characteristics. I have never "replaced" one animal with another - t's not what we as pet owners do, is it? We are just driven to find another cat, dog, rabbit, whatever, because we want another little character to get to know and love.

If you don't want to get another bun until after your hols, that's probably fine and sensible. But don't stop yourself because you feel guilty for wanting this bun. We don't ever need to feel guilty about wanting to love and care for another furry little face.

beautifully put :thumb: :love::love::love:

:( This was their reply:

Hi Emma, if we were to try that it would have to be with 2 other females, there is a good chance that the males will fight and this will upset your bonded pair. Your accommodation sounds lovely though.

It was on facebook though, maybe if we were to visit the centre and talk we could persuade them to try it. :? Personally it is not a good chance that they will fight. :roll:

definitely try. All rabbits are different. Some will bond with any bun, some are picky, some hate all other rabbits - there's no hard and set rule. I personally have bonded a few and found the girls to be the most trouble but again that could be down to MY individual rabbits personalities not their sex - gosh if only it was that easy :lol:

:cry:
stupid rescue after all your offerign it an amazing home im surprised really :(
maybe you can persuadade them i hope so :)

I have two boys with a girl and they all get on brilliantly, maybe explain you and friends have had two male and one female combo's before and they've worked fine, Hector seems laid back with new rabbits, hope it goes well!

If they do bondings for owners, couldn't you ask them if they'd give your two a trial to see how they get on? I've had lots of mixed groupings too - all sorts of combos - and it's always worked...

ETA I have two tight knit trios each with two boys and a girl - could send you pics, if that helps? :wave:

Last edited:
What rescue is this? :? It's sad and quite uninformed of them to not even consider trying a m-m-f bond, they can't really know much about bunnies IMO if they are flat out refusing to even consider it...considering all the mixed groups people have :?

What rescue is this? :? It's sad and quite uninformed of them to not even consider trying a m-m-f bond, they can't really know much about bunnies IMO if they are flat out refusing to even consider it...considering all the mixed groups people have :?

I don't want to announce their name on here but they seem to know a lot about rabbits apart from bonding so it now seems. :? They are vaccinated, microchipped and neutered or spayed before they're rehomed. The housing they require is a 6ft x 3ft hutch and 6ft x 4ft attached run. So all good apart from that. They did say this over Facebook though so I'm hoping they consider it if I tell them my situation. :/

Updateeeee! :D

Well it was the rescue's open day today and the poor bun who I can't forget about is still there! Bless him, he's been there since March and no enquiries! :shock: :(

So I went to meet him and he's gorgeous! A big softy!! :love: I went and spoke to the "rabbit lady" :lol: and explained my situation and she said they are more than happy to try bonding with my 2! It must have been someone else who commented on the facebook page! But anyway... I go on holiday in 2 weeks for a fortnight so I can't adopt a bun until after then but if the bun is still there then we can give it a try!! :D My mum has said we can get him so if it's meant to be, he'll still be there in 4 weeks! If he finds a home before then, then great but of course I secretly hope he will be there for me. :oops: :love:

I'm very impressed with the bunny set ups, massive pens and sort of like a cattery pen indoors. :thumb: I also saw lots of other animals and me and my mum fell in love with a kitten. :love:

But anyway news is.... I could end up with another bun in about 5 weeks! :love: Oh and I also asked about volunteering and they said they'd love my help, I just have to send off a letter to them. :)

Last edited:
:D:D:D Excellent news. If he's still there when you get back, fingers crossed that Hector and Tink want him to joint their gang :D:D

:D:D:D Excellent news. If he's still there when you get back, fingers crossed that Hector and Tink want him to joint their gang :D:D

Thanks everyone :D Yeah I hope they will accept him! I'm pretty confident Hector will as he's loved every bunny he's met. :lol: :love: Tink usually bonds with boy buns easily (just females she hates) whether this boy will be an exception I don't know so finger's crossed she will like him! :)

Back