• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't believe it. My trio's bond is broken u\d Shadowfax isn't eating. :(

I missed your post from earlier, I'm glad Shadowfax seems happier, I wouldn't worry too much yet about long term, she's happy at the moment and that's all that matters :thumb: she's probably a very adaptable rabbit and is happy with either rabbit or human company.

I hope Xena gets on well at the vets this afternoon xx

Sending lots of vibes for Xena at the vets. I hope she gets on OK and also well done for taking her :thumb:

Tom doesn't think she needs a dental. He thinks her problems stem from her e.c symptoms. I'm going to take the hay rack down and see if that helps her eat hay as I think she struggles to eat it from the rack. My problem now is that there is no "easy fix" reason for her and Shadowfax's fighting. :( I seriously don't think they will go back together again. Just seeing them fight like that has seriously made me doubt whether bonding her back with Fiver and Xena is the right thing to. Every decision I have made so far has been the wrong one and I have no faith in my judgement anymore.
Shadowfax has not moved from her crate all day.

Tom doesn't think she needs a dental. He thinks her problems stem from her e.c symptoms. I'm going to take the hay rack down and see if that helps her eat hay as I think she struggles to eat it from the rack. My problem now is that there is no "easy fix" reason for her and Shadowfax's fighting. :( I seriously don't think they will go back together again. Just seeing them fight like that has seriously made me doubt whether bonding her back with Fiver and Xena is the right thing to. Every decision I have made so far has been the wrong one and I have no faith in my judgement anymore.
Shadowfax has not moved from her crate all day.

Well at least Xena doesn't need a Dental at the moment.

Did you actually see the fight she had with Shadowfax kick off ? I am just wondering if Xena may have had an 'episode' again which freaked Shadowfax out ?

No, I heard banging for a while but I thought it was the TV in the other room. My Mam didn't think to mention it was coming from my room and she checked on them before going to bed and then yelled for me because there was fluff all over and Shadowfax and Xena were chasing and fighting each other. :( I don't know who started it or why but when Shadowfax was caged in the room it was Xena who was trying to lunge at Shadowfax through the bars. Shadowfax just kind of ignored her, however when I put them all in the bathroom it was Shadowfax who was doing the chasing and humping everyone. :(

How is it going? Iv been watching you posts to give me hope... I'm currently trying to bond my trio of boys 😕

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

How is it going? Iv been watching you posts to give me hope... I'm currently trying to bond my trio of boys ��

Don't give up hope, I've just done a trio bond adding another girl to a long etablished pair. It's taken a long time and there has been scuffles but I'm hopeful xx

Don't give up hope, I've just done a trio bond adding another girl to a long etablished pair. It's taken a long time and there has been scuffles but I'm hopeful xx
Awww thank you so much iv been so tearful as I wanted to give loki a special home (he was in rehoming due to snuffles) and I feel awful now like I caused issues but I desperately want him to have friends [emoji20] how long did it take you?x

They are doing better than I thought tbh.
At first there was a lot of chasing, humping by Shadowfax, biting, lunging and fur pulling but it settled down. Now Shadowfax is just thumping continuously whenever anybun moves and sometimes for no apparent reason. I have no idea what purpose this serves apart from to give me and the other two buns a heart attack. I've had to pull Shadowfax off Xena; she had clamped onto Xena's ears to hump her, and vice versa where Xena grabbed Shadowfax's belly and managed to knock herself over so had to intervene to stop her getting trampled.
Interestingly, Fiver has been the one doing most of the humping. I am wondering if spring fever has a part to play in this. The weather is so mild, it wouldn't surprise me if it's messed them up.
Really they are acting almost exactly to how they did when I first bonded them. I don't know if this is good or bad. Xena has beeb very vocal, mainly when Fiver tries to hump her (something she doesn't tolerate at all).

All in all I'm a bit confused as to whether things are going well or not.

Sending positive "happier together bunnies" vibes your way. I really hope they learn to get on well again soon. xxxxx

I separated them last night so that they could still see, touch and smell each other just so they had a break. This morning I put them back together and so far things are very quiet. Hoping it stays like this.

Fingers, toes and bunny paws crossed for the trio xxxxx

Hugs for you, you sound as if you need them too x

Thank you. Things have gone very well today. Very little chasing or humping. Shadowfax has only thumped a few times and she looks much more relaxed.

Fiver and Shadowfax have been sat together most of the day and Fiver has been grooming Shadowfax. All very positive.

Now I have the task of cleaning then since they are a bit smelly without a litter tray.

Back