• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Luna seems "unwell" - U/D, she's home & stoned

ee1a435cdb39100e2162963de6e6cde4.jpg

I think i went a bit over board [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ee1a435cdb39100e2162963de6e6cde4.jpg

I think i went a bit over board [emoji848]

:lol: that looks like the packed lunch that I sent in with Frosty when he needed a dental a few months ago. When I handed it to the receptionist and said that was his packed lunch people in the waiting room were smiling :love:

thank you zoobec! I think I am over stressing but they are my babies 🤣

I know, I’m sure it will all be fine. Hope you have plenty to keep you busy :thumb:

thank you x

ef7fc3a5b14ee9cf6acd4b56b11be274.jpg

we are NOT happy campers 🤣🤣

after this, orion promptly tried to escape

thank you both xx I will. I need to call after 2 to see how she is, and arrange when she’s ready to go home. she has pellet, herbs, hay and lots of munchies so fingers crossed she eats after 🤞

I won’t lie, I’m worried as the only time she was under was for her spay, and it was a nightmare. I don’t know if it was just a bad experience or if her and anesthetic just don’t mix well.

I’ve picked up pet remedy this morning, so i’ll plug it in now so when she’s home the room will be nice and calming. I think / hope this is caused by the building work (set to stop in december, been going on since march [emoji854]) with lots of loud banging and drilling the past few months. she’s been more nervous and hiding, so I guess she eats less. they’re there from 8am-6pm some days.. so I guess she isn’t eating much.

no news is good news, she’s having her blood test to check kidney and liver function due to the metacam.

I have some drawing commissions and I want to play the sims, so i’ll keep myself busy, and then i’ll clean them out.

worst estimate is £200. not what I need when I wanna move out in the near future, but not the end of the world.

I hope all goes well today for Luna.

ps I think it's probably wise not to show them their packed lunch. They'll think they're being sent away for a week!:lol:

I hope all goes well today for Luna.

ps I think it's probably wise not to show them their packed lunch. They'll think they're being sent away for a week!:lol:

:lol: I did go a bit overboard :oops: I just like them to have a bit of everything so that hopefully she'll perk up quicker and eat something. and its like home, same hay, same forage etc. so its not too "strange". I'd rather them have too much than too little ;)

it feels SO weird, its so oddly quiet (with the gerbils making some munches in the background).

I just thought to myself - I'll let the bunnies out. no I won't :lol:

The waiting is the worse part, I know that feeling all too well. Just try and keep busy, I'm sure all will be fine, they'll soon be home xxx

Luna seems "unwell" - U/D #12, she needs a dental 😞

gotta collect her at 5:30 - she’s just waking up now x

thank you both, I hope we are out of the scariest bit of the woods now

I'm so pleased she got through her op ok. It must be scary for a blind bunny so lovely she has Orion for support. Lots of recovery vibes xx

thank you :love: life is very scary for her, she is much more confident in herself, but new places, people will always be frightening. despite that, she's very loving.. never bites anybody out of fear. she loves everybody, just errs on the side of caution. she's always been brilliant for the vets, never tries to panic or hurt them. I think she has a bit more sense (maybe cause shes a girl!! :lol:), and knows people want to help, not harm :love: she communicates with me & others by grunting at us, or stomping, usually "I'm coming!" - I think she believes we're blind too so she lets us know where she is. I'm probably nuts as I talk to her like mad.

my boys think "ooh how can I be the BIGGEST annoyance" *jumps on keyboard of vets*, *eyes up floor*, *jumps on shoulders*, *scrabbles and kicks*, *chews teeth checker too much*, *bites and throws about stethoscope*

they will syringe feed her as soon as she is more awake as from the sounds of it she was only just coming round now, somebody is sat with her. she'll also have fluid therapy and they watch like a hawk to check if she's pooping, or eating. my last vets didn't do this..just hands them over to me "they didn't eat by themselves so heres some gut stimulants to get him going, you do it" basically. so theres no chance of stasis if somebody is forcing food in her gob :lol:

depending on how she goes we might have some meds to take home, but she might just come right around and eat by herself.

I really cant fault the vets, they really go above and beyond. they always ask what bunny is used too, litter tray or not, whats in it, the pellet brand, their favourite herbs, their favourite treats, usual hay, bowl etc.. if they do not have what they like - they make a run to P@H or the local shops. I can't say my previous vets even considered that. they're amazing :)

Glad she's come through ok, and wow your vets sound amazing ! Yes mine are very good at handing back as soon as possible, whether she's eaten or not ! Home she's soon home nomming xxx

Glad she's okay, and your vets sound lovely :) mine often hand them back before they've eaten or had any output [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back