• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I beginning to lose patients with this rabbit Plz help me Plz

I'm losing patience with you! (just joking) it will help with the spraying definately when he is neutered, the best thing is ensure he is distracted with plenty of toys and has plenty of room to run around. He's picking up on the scent of you possibly and marking you as his - I only say this because scent marking to bunnies is almost a term of endearment not a naughty or nasty thing - to them it's very much a form of communication. He should settle down after neutering I reckon. Give him time though he will need lots of TLC after surgery, it's a major operation.

well ive decided after his surgery im either just going to give him his cage for the first couple of day cause i dont want him to move around to much and break the stiches. and then im just going to give him loads of room.

actually im gonna have to change his plan almost forgot. EMA arent paying me for a while at least 3 weeks ill have to wiat 4 until i can get him done. but i might find something that i can sell and try and get the money that way. i have got a massive hamster cage that isnt being used or anything and after scooter done with the cage hell not need it anymore. HHHmmmmm ill have to think this through.

well ive decided after his surgery im either just going to give him his cage for the first couple of day cause i dont want him to move around to much and break the stiches. and then im just going to give him loads of room.

actually im gonna have to change his plan almost forgot. EMA arent paying me for a while at least 3 weeks ill have to wiat 4 until i can get him done. but i might find something that i can sell and try and get the money that way. i have got a massive hamster cage that isnt being used or anything and after scooter done with the cage hell not need it anymore. HHHmmmmm ill have to think this through.

Have you thought of approaching PDSA and asking them for help - they may agree to neuter him for you and you pay in installments or something.

srry everybody i know i must be being a pain. its just with him i have to think about wat i give him. i really want to give him loads of newspaper and a yellow pages but im scared to give it him because of the ink.

Have you thought of approaching PDSA and asking them for help - they may agree to neuter him for you and you pay in installments or something.

i had thought about this but was told that they dont do neautering for rabbits well at least not for free. the nearest one i know of is in sheffield and its hard to get to. wiat ill google it.

srry everybody i know i must be being a pain. its just with him i have to think about wat i give him. i really want to give him loads of newspaper and a yellow pages but im scared to give it him because of the ink.

:? I don't think anyone would advise you to let him ingest the paper or yellow pages - some bunnies enjoy digging and shredding (under supervision) if they are likely to nibble and eat too much. Did you look on the hayexperts.co.uk at some of the natural things made from Willow etc

i had thought about this but was told that they dont do neautering for rabbits well at least not for free. the nearest one i know of is in sheffield and its hard to get to. wiat ill google it.

No not for free, ask them if you can pay them in installments perhaps.

just looked in a car its about 20 mins away and 7.3 miles from my home i think.
ill see if i can find some one to take me maybe my dad will do it or i can find some way of getting there by bus.

:? I don't think anyone would advise you to let him ingest the paper or yellow pages - some bunnies enjoy digging and shredding (under supervision) if they are likely to nibble and eat too much. Did you look on the hayexperts.co.uk at some of the natural things made from Willow etc

yea i did but not got much money the only money i have is the money the bf borrowed off me and he wont give it me back something about paying for a bill. even though its not due until like the start of next month. ive asked him if he could at least give me a tenner and he said no so u can guess im not lending him any money again.

lol i just found out its near some snake shops that i got to with other half its just 3 mins down the road. all i have to do is get on a bus to town get another bus to meadowhall and from there get the tram to attercliff get off the and walk around the corner until i see it and its there lol

lol i just found out its near some snake shops that i got to with other half its just 3 mins down the road. all i have to do is get on a bus to town get another bus to meadowhall and from there get the tram to attercliff get off the and walk around the corner until i see it and its there lol

Great - don't you think it might be wise to ring them first then ! I think your having a laugh !:?

ETA I know your having a laugh - trolling is not permitted on here btw.

Last edited:
Intentionally trying to provoke and/or annoy someone...

I don't get it either, what do you mean it's near snake shops? :?

oh srry lol wasnt trying to provoke u lol my other half likes lizards and that we go to attercliff reguarly to have a look. anyways there are some snake shops like a couple of mins down the road from the pdsa center. which i never noticed until like today when i saw it on google map lol

Great - don't you think it might be wise to ring them first then ! I think your having a laugh !:?

ETA I know your having a laugh - trolling is not permitted on here btw.

and of course ill ring them first. just so u know im currently doing like a loads of research for rabbit behaviour and things on good toys to make them.

Shadow isn't a troll and has been a member for a while now :wave:

Shadow you really are not going to get any break from Scooter's behaviour until you get him castrated. I think you need to give that PDSA vets a call and see if your dad or a friend can give you a lift. A bus trip with a bunny is going to be a bit too stresssful for him and he needs to be calm and in good health before his operation.

Don't worry too much about restricting his space post-op because for boy bunnies it is a quick non-invasive op and he is very unlikely to tear his stitches. In fact, having space to move around will help get his tummy going after the anaesthetic wears off - very important, that and getting him eating asap he gets home. Have you been able to get any more of that hay he really likes? The more you invest in the nice hay, the more time he will spend eating hay and the less time being destructive so it's a good investment! ;):wave:

yea ive been able to keep him toped up with it reguraly but for some reason will eat it mostly at night? not been able to find why he will eat a bit in a morning not much but each day he goes through about two hay racks and he has the p@h stuff in his litter tray that he will eat to.

i gave him a bit of newspaper last night to test if he would rip it instead of eating it but instead as usual he thinks its food. anybody would think that i dont feed he when he is still on at least 40g of burgress excel pellets and an unlimited suplly of hay. he not getting much in the way of veg at the moment but when i get some money again ill see to getting his favourite.

i might change his home tmmorow might try him with a full pen after ive come back from the docs.

yea ive been able to keep him toped up with it reguraly but for some reason will eat it mostly at night? not been able to find why he will eat a bit in a morning not much but each day he goes through about two hay racks and he has the p@h stuff in his litter tray that he will eat to.

i gave him a bit of newspaper last night to test if he would rip it instead of eating it but instead as usual he thinks its food. anybody would think that i dont feed he when he is still on at least 40g of burgress excel pellets and an unlimited suplly of hay. he not getting much in the way of veg at the moment but when i get some money again ill see to getting his favourite.

i might change his home tmmorow might try him with a full pen after ive come back from the docs.

That'll be why he doesn't eat much hay the rest of the day :wave:

If you slowly cut his pellets down he will spend more time eating hay and be far less bored, I promise.

That'll be why he doesn't eat much hay the rest of the day :wave:

If you slowly cut his pellets down he will spend more time eating hay and be far less bored, I promise.

okay ill start slowly cutting him down. but if i get any nasty looks from that bunny its ur fault lol

Intentionally trying to provoke and/or annoy someone...

I don't get it either, what do you mean it's near snake shops? :?

:thumb: When I saw that about the journey the bun will have to endure and then the bit about the 'snake' shop I thought 'here we go' - Shadow apologies if you weren't trying to be annoying - you've had some great advice I'm sure if you read through it all and as you say try some of the suggestions it might help you in the time you have to wait to get him neutered:wave:

Back