• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I beginning to lose patients with this rabbit Plz help me Plz

Have you tried charity shops? I got a single duvet cover (not the duvet just the cover) for £1 at a charity shop. A cuddley teddy bear might be something for him to play with/cuddle/hump/destroy too again you can get these v cheaply but keep an eye if he does destroy it there are no sharp bits

i didnt think about a teddy either thought i would be bad for him. is it one of those things that he should only have while im around?

unfortunately i can extend the pen further and get rid of the cage cause i know if i do this he will continue to pee on everything despite him being litter trained and will carry on digging on the duvet cover which is one of the biggest problems. i would also need a another duvet cover which i cant get hold of another one not got much money and the money i do have left it to save up for his neautering. under the duvet cover i have a shower curtian which hes already got a hold of once dont know why hes interested in shower curtians.

this is all so annoying lol. i hope he is better when he is neautered.

You could extend it further which would help with his behaviour, you do need to ideally put him on some lino though if he is weeing - mine are litter trained and are on lino in the conservatory with towels (cheap ones from Asda) interlinked/overlapped to allow them to move around without slipping and they sometimes dig them, dig their litter trays out, tip their hay baskets over, thats what rabbits do, he needs exercise and mental stimulation and he is clearly lacking it so he is finding his own ways to amuse himself, a digging box with some soil from the garden, a yellow pages to rip to shreds will keep him amused, have you thought about making him an outdoor rabbit ? The sounds, smells and fresh air outside might be more natural and calm him down if you really are losing patience with him, it's really not his fault remember that, he didn't ask to live with you, you got him - giving him more space will help along with other things to do to stimulate his brain.:wave:

i just had an idea would i be able to take stuffing out and put something a bit safer in like shavings or hay.

shavings are not safe - hay is safe, personally I would stick to willow toys, grass mats, a cardboard box with hay in and hide some chopped apple in the hay, hang the toilet roll tubes up stuffed with hay and a fenugreek crunchie in the middle so he has to work to get it, that type of thing - at least it won't provoke more hormones either!:lol:

shavings are not safe - hay is safe, personally I would stick to willow toys, grass mats, a cardboard box with hay in and hide some chopped apple in the hay, hang the toilet roll tubes up stuffed with hay and a fenugreek crunchie in the middle so he has to work to get it, that type of thing - at least it won't provoke more hormones either!:lol:

Oh sorry yes I didnt see the shavings bit def stick to just hay for the bear stuffing :D

You could extend it further which would help with his behaviour, you do need to ideally put him on some lino though if he is weeing - mine are litter trained and are on lino in the conservatory with towels (cheap ones from Asda) interlinked/overlapped to allow them to move around without slipping and they sometimes dig them, dig their litter trays out, tip their hay baskets over, thats what rabbits do, he needs exercise and mental stimulation and he is clearly lacking it so he is finding his own ways to amuse himself, a digging box with some soil from the garden, a yellow pages to rip to shreds will keep him amused, have you thought about making him an outdoor rabbit ? The sounds, smells and fresh air outside might be more natural and calm him down if you really are losing patience with him, it's really not his fault remember that, he didn't ask to live with you, you got him - giving him more space will help along with other things to do to stimulate his brain.:wave:

i cant give him soil out of my garden as my mom has a dog too which is a problem she is fleaed and wormed properly though. i cant really make into an outside rabbit i live in a bad area where peoples animal go missing quite a lot. next door book to had theres taking not to long ago.:(

Oh sorry yes I didnt see the shavings bit def stick to just hay for the bear stuffing :D

okay i will get right to tht as soon as i can. does it matter wat type of teddy it is. i dont wanna give him a dog teddy to find out he petrifed of it lol

i cant give him soil out of my garden as my mom has a dog too which is a problem she is fleaed and wormed properly though. i cant really make into an outside rabbit i live in a bad area where peoples animal go missing quite a lot. next door book to had theres taking not to long ago.:(

Oh OK maybe work on getting the existing set up a bit bigger and giving him time out of there to run around with access back to his litter tray, what is that room ? Your bedroom?

Oh OK maybe work on getting the existing set up a bit bigger and giving him time out of there to run around with access back to his litter tray, what is that room ? Your bedroom?

yes im currently working to get rid of some things to make more room in that room but the amount of space he has now is all i can give him unfortunately. i could get rid of his cage and put more panels in i have loads of them only problem is flooring. we do have some lino some where but still wiating for my mom to tell me whether i have it or not.

Bless you - no he wont realise its dog shaped or bear shaped

okay lol thought id just ask didnt wanna scare him lol. he gets on quite well with my moms dogs surprisingly but i dont like her to be around him in case he decides hes had enough and bites her on the nose.

Sorry he's being a pain!

I always think in these cases of what my Dad used to say whenever somebun had dug up part of the garden, or destroyed a plant etc: "Bunnies are naturally destructive, they can't help it so leave them be!!"

My Dad's pretty tolerant...:lol:

normally im very tolerate of him and i dont have a go or shout at him now. if i see hyim doing it some times ill nudge him and he sort of understands but i couple of mins later hell come back to it.

normally im very tolerate of him and i dont have a go or shout at him now. if i see hyim doing it some times ill nudge him and he sort of understands but i couple of mins later hell come back to it.

Welcome to the world of un-neutered house bunny behaviour :lol:

Look forward to next week - its not long :wave:

Just be aware, please be aware, being neutered may not take all of this behaviour away...its not a miracle fix to everything :)

It's better to ignore the behaviour, otherwise you are rewarding him with attention.

Welcome to the world of un-neutered house bunny behaviour :lol:

Look forward to next week - its not long :wave:

Just be aware, please be aware, being neutered may not take all of this behaviour away...its not a miracle fix to everything :)

im not crossing my fingers at all. dont think it will make a differnce maybe with a friend when hes ready it might. even if he stops spraying that would be a nice improvement. he keeps spraying on the quilt now anybody have any ideas?.
do u think i should put another litter tray in.

It's better to ignore the behaviour, otherwise you are rewarding him with attention.

that's wat i would normally do but he starts by chewing on the bars which is easy to ignore him when he does that but then he starts digging at the quilt and manages to drag some of the quilt into the pen and there's a shower curtain under it and i dont want him to get hold of it again.

im not crossing my fingers at all. dont think it will make a differnce maybe with a friend when hes ready it might. even if he stops spraying that would be a nice improvement. he keeps spraying on the quilt now anybody have any ideas?.
do u think i should put another litter tray in.

I'm losing patience with you! (just joking) it will help with the spraying definately when he is neutered, the best thing is ensure he is distracted with plenty of toys and has plenty of room to run around. He's picking up on the scent of you possibly and marking you as his - I only say this because scent marking to bunnies is almost a term of endearment not a naughty or nasty thing - to them it's very much a form of communication. He should settle down after neutering I reckon. Give him time though he will need lots of TLC after surgery, it's a major operation.

Back