• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hypothermic bun - best thing to do?

Sending lots of vibes for the poor bun. Do you know what happened to the male bun that got her pregnant? If you can't get over to Theo's tomorrow I could take her for you I'm available during the day:wave:

I'll see what the vets says tonight, he's coming at 9pm. She's drinking and eating and pooing at the moment and is a lot more active than in the video, but she is still doing that scanning/not scanning thing. I've combed out a few of the matts in her fur and I'll give her another hour and make a decision. Can you PM me your mobile number Theo?

Sure will, depending on what the vet says I can collect very late tonight or I can meet you at Shipton Under Wychwood or a suitable point in the morning, will pm you my mobile

Sending lots of vibes for the poor bun. Do you know what happened to the male bun that got her pregnant? If you can't get over to Theo's tomorrow I could take her for you I'm available during the day:wave:

She sold the male bun last week :roll:

The awful thing is, she actually felt terribly guilty... like really, really guilty. I just wish that if she had felt like that before she would have done something sooner instead of set her free. She said "I have a whole bale of hay to give you" and I though "Oh... that'll be helpful..." then she brings through a bag of stained-black straw.. :cry:

She sold the male bun last week :roll:

The awful thing is, she actually felt terribly guilty... like really, really guilty. I just wish that if she had felt like that before she would have done something sooner instead of set her free. She said "I have a whole bale of hay to give you" and I though "Oh... that'll be helpful..." then she brings through a bag of stained-black straw.. :cry:

Hopefully he has gone to a better home, keep us posted, sending vibes for her

She sounds like a little bunny that really wants to live, fingers crossed she can be set on the road to proper recovery soon :love:

Sounds like your doing a brilliant job with her :D

the swaying has decreased dramatically now she's eaten and warmer... she's still doing it a bit, but it's much better. And she's eating the hay like it's going out of fashion. She must think it's christmas.

I don't know if this helps at all. That video looks similar to how we found Mischa the day his EC manifested itself but he was swaying his head a LOT faster than that.

the swaying has decreased dramatically now she's eaten and warmer... she's still doing it a bit, but it's much better. And she's eating the hay like it's going out of fashion. She must think it's christmas.

Christmas has come for the lucky girl :love:

awww bless her, poor little darling:(

really hope she continues to improve, fingers and paws crossed for her here xxx

Hope the vet finds all ok :)

If she just needs rest, warmth and feeding up I'd imagine she's best staying with you for the time being, moving her again will just stress her

Sure will, depending on what the vet says I can collect very late tonight or I can meet you at Shipton Under Wychwood or a suitable point in the morning, will pm you my mobile

Thank you Theo.

You both have my number if you need to contact me. I really hope this little darling is recovering from her ordeal. The courage rabbits have never fails to amaze me.

Alice

Thank you Theo.

You both have my number if you need to contact me. I really hope this little darling is recovering from her ordeal. The courage rabbits have never fails to amaze me.

Alice

That's OK Alice, we will do what we can to help, just waiting for Catwalk Kate to come back to us and then we can make some plans hopefully, praying that it's nothing too serious and that she can be helped,

Last edited:
Theo has now got the bun, thank goodness. We did a Tescos exchange about 30 mins ago. My friend who was the vet said the same thing as my vet and I just don't trust it completely. So I'm going to leave Theo to decide how she needs to be treated.

Thanks guys for all your support!

Back