• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you know when to help and when to stop?

Poor Boy - I hate snuffles :censored:

Hope he feels better soon. x

What decongestant do you use - does he have bisolven?

Poor Boy - I hate snuffles :censored:

Hope he feels better soon. x

What decongestant do you use - does he have bisolven?

I use one that goes in the nebuliser. Hopefully I've spelled it right, it's called acetylcysteine. It smells like sulfur but it works really well. Grim had a bad turn on the bisolvon. It could have been a coincidence, however he can have the nebulised stuff without eating as he just breathes it in, so that works better for us. :)

Topping up vibes that he continues to improve. I'm glad to he a he's eating decently considering.
I'm curious...without having to search up the snuffles bunny thread...is spring any kind of trigger for him? I've noticed with my bunnies, and sometimes my other pets, that the times they get worse with sneezing seems to correspond to the seasons where the pollen escalates: spring and fall. Can bunnies actually have nasal allergies that aggravate any other URI conditions? Before we realized Mimzy had a sinus deformity that appeared to cause his snotty nose he got a lot of benadryl at this time of year. Oddly since his tilt he doesn't have as much nasal difficulty but he can get more chest infections. :?

It's been so bad here this year that even my kids have succumbed and they don't usually have hay fever. I just wonder if it's as bad over there.

Topping up vibes that he continues to improve. I'm glad to he a he's eating decently considering.
I'm curious...without having to search up the snuffles bunny thread...is spring any kind of trigger for him? I've noticed with my bunnies, and sometimes my other pets, that the times they get worse with sneezing seems to correspond to the seasons where the pollen escalates: spring and fall. Can bunnies actually have nasal allergies that aggravate any other URI conditions? Before we realized Mimzy had a sinus deformity that appeared to cause his snotty nose he got a lot of benadryl at this time of year. Oddly since his tilt he doesn't have as much nasal difficulty but he can get more chest infections. :?

It's been so bad here this year that even my kids have succumbed and they don't usually have hay fever. I just wonder if it's as bad over there.

I always thought it was the change in weather. We've had very very hot days followed by cold days with big storms. The heat is definitely a factor and he cannot stand any sort of heating. I'm not really sure but I thought if it was pollen the discharge wouldn't be infected? But I suppose he has the infection anyway...

Well he's had more medicine and a quick nebuliser before work this morning so hopefully, fingers crossed.

Also another humbug lump of snot came out yesterday evening. It seems to be the early evening it all comes out. This one was massive, I don't know how it came out of his nose. :?

Eurgh, poor Grim... :( and I wonder how my own nose can hold all I seem to get out of it. :? I'm convinced snot teleports here from some other dimension. :(

Hoping Grim continues to go from strength to strength...sweet wee bub. :love:

Good he's getting the infection out though. The nebulising must be doing some good. What are you putting in the nebuliser? I seem to remember you saying that bisolven didn't agree with him?

Last edited:
Good he's getting the infection out though. The nuebulising must be doing some good. What are you putting in the nebuliser? I seem to remember you saying that bisolven didn't agree with him?

He has plain saline solution and F10 with saline. I do the F10 once a day for half an hour and once or twice a week do half an hour of just saline. At the moment I'm just using the acetylcysteine decongestant mixed with saline.

Some pictures of him recovering. Sleepy snuggles on the couch. He's a loooooong bunny. :)

20140524_000230_zpso0d3wcls.jpg

20140524_000010_zpslthh4350.jpg

He has plain saline solution and F10 with saline. I do the F10 once a day for half an hour and once or twice a week do half an hour of just saline. At the moment I'm just using the acetylcysteine decongestant mixed with saline.

Thank you :wave:

Aww bless him :love: I'm glad he's getting that :censored: snot out, that's got to make him feel better :thumb:

We have a small bowl of food eaten overnight. He refuses to come out of his cupboard so has only been eating what I put in there.

His set up is a dog crate with two doors. One opens to the bedroom and the other opens to hus cupboard. He used to sleep on the second level of the cupboard and come out into the dog crate for food and the toilet. He would never leave the set up and come out into my room although I leave the door open. Now he just wants to be in his cupboard but there not enough room for him and a bowl of food and a bowl of water...

Going to have to think this out. Silly bun. When I do his medicine I put him on the floor just by the dog crate and he hops in, has a drink and then goes straight back in the cupboard. :love:

Bless him. Those snot pics :shock: quite astounding.

I hope he continues to improve x

Back