• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you dispose of your rabbit waste?

How do you dispose of your rabbit waste?

• Compost it

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Burn it

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Put it out with the dustbin rubbish

Votes: 65 53.3%
  • Other (please say!)

Votes: 32 26.2%

• Total voters
I put it in black bin bags and give it to the bin men. Three rabbits and two guineas produce a fair bit of waste though so more often than not the bins over flowing. My parents are never impressed. :lol:

Mine goes in the green composting bin!

(Oh, I checked the "compost it" option - I don't compost it myself, but the bin it goes into is for composting as the Council said we can put it in there!)

Last edited:
I put the unsoiled hay in the garden waste bin. The way I see it hay is just dried grass, so what is the problem?

The newspaper and soiled hay goes in a bin and I take that to the tip every week. We only get fortnightly collections, so I can't really shove it in the bin.

the newspaper goes in the domoestic waste and the shavings, poos, hay, wasted food goes in the garden waste.

Poos out of the run are taken care of by Henry hoover or when im not looking, the dog!! :oops::roll:

Poos from the run get composted. Soiled newspaper and hay from the hutch gets binned. Hay not soiled but removed as part of weekly disinfection gets composted. :wave:

Compost it, wouldn't dream of putting in with dustbin rubbish; don't think council would take it.

That is the only way our council will take it. We have terrible trouble getting rid of ours as we can only fit 3 bin bags in a black bin which is emptied once a fortnight and we have 8 to 10 bags a week :(

I've just had confirmation from my council that I can now start putting it in the green garden waste bags. Its a real life saver as they only used to take it in the main rubbish which is fine when they collect every week and I can put out unlimited number of bags but we are changing to fortnightly collections of a bin about the size of one bag so I would of been well stuck. They said I can use as many green bags as I like so I went out and bought extra so the poor bin men will have about eight to collect! :lol:

Ours goes on the compost over the allotment. It makes it so much easier for me cos I leave it in the litter tray (as I have several) and then just chuck it straight on the heap - no fiddling with bags.

I put mine in my green (garden waste) bin and I'm lucky that Leicestershire CC allow you to have as many green bins as you like - so I have two :D

mine goes in the black bin, just checked my council website and i cant put it in the brown bin :evil: so will have to carry on using the black bin

Back